My Revivogen/Nizoral results so far... only 3 months in

Doctor Z

Reaction score
Hey it's me actually following up 3 years later. I have to be somewhat fast but here is my experience.

What I felt like was a thinning into a NW2 or so - only at the front and temples - seemed to completely stop and thicken up. It did so so much to the point that I backed off of using it a couple nights a week to save money. In fact I started to think that it never was thinning to begin with because a couple years went by without me worrying about it. I almost stopped using the product all together because I thought maybe it was just snake oil and I was never really thinning to begin with.

Flash forward a couple years (now) and after a particularly stressful period and of not using Revivogen or Nizoral very regularly I've noticed another alarming bout of thinning. Maybe it's just a normal shedding cycle? The last time I posted was around this same time of year so part of me wonders if this is a shedding time for me (mid/late summer). In any case, I've purchased another bottle of Nizoral and am religiously using Revivogen every night. I've noticed if I don't sufficiently wash my hair, the oilyness makes it look much worse.

I'm lucky to have very curly hair to where it is somewhat hidden, but someone actually mentioned to me at a party that they noticed it was thinner. Argh. So I'm going to stick with this regimen and hope for the best over the next few months. I'm also taking a vitamin pack with saw palmetto, fish oil, lycopene, vit C, and another I can't recall. I will come back to post results. Hopefully in 6 months I will question whether or not I was ever thinning... only this time I will remember this post. I will be back.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Anymore updates Doctor Z ??? Perhaps he found his success so he no longer is on here. I sorta did the same thing when I vanished for those years.

Doctor Z

Reaction score
OK y'all - I had to do a search for this thread so I could do an update. DarkVctry is right in that when things are working, I don't come near these forums. I even had to reset my password because I couldn't remember it. :)

So, nearly 1.5-2 years went by and I got completely off of Revivogen. I keep getting convinced that it's not doing anything and taper off, and eventually quit using the stuff. Well, without being under a lot of stress and without any known environmental or nutritional issues, my hair started thinning like hell. I thought it was just the way I was washing my hair or the styling cream I was using so I didn't go back and order more of the stuff. And it got bad - some days being much worse than others because my hair is pretty long now and the frequency of washing and how it affects the oilyness/dryness is a big deal with curly hair. It got so bad that I could tell people were noticing and a dickhead at work actually commented on it. What an embarrassing thing it is for someone to comment on your thinness in front of others.

So I ordered more of the Revivogen. Apparently they have an upgraded or advanced formula but I went with the standard $99 version (I actually order it from this site - plug not intended). I'm using it 4 days a week or so - some days you don't want to put it on your head and then hop into bed with the lady. I **** you not guys, I was looking in the mirror last night and thinking, "This stuff is actually working?" I don't know why I'm so stubborn to actually believe this stuff works when I've gone through a few cycles of thinning and regrowth after starting Revivogen, but it seems like it does work for thickening things up. I'm only 4-6 weeks into using it, still on the first bottle (comes with 3), and I'm FAR less concerned with my current thickness.

Now, during this cycle of thinning, I think my forehead grew just slightly. I've had the temples/widows-peak since I was 19, but it seems my overall hairline went back a few millimeters. Not enough that you would immediately notice, but it doesn't bother me. My real concern is maintaining thickness so that it doesn't look awkward.

So, lesson learned I suppose. I can't attribute the recent recovery of thickness to anything else, so put me down as a lifelong user of this stuff. To all those who do start using Revivogen and notice some results - stay with it but reduce the frequency. It's easy to think it's not doing anything when you're happy with the thickness you see, but you have to maintain even if you lessen the frequency of use.

Last edited:

Jacob

Reaction score
:shakehead:

And yeah..the new "Revivogen-Pro". Let me guess...same ingreds...just a new name for the salons. Along with a dry shampoo and hair mask etc.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your story Doctor Z. I ordered myself some a few weeks ago and I am going to start to share the results I receive soon too.

Doctor Z

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your story Doctor Z. I ordered myself some a few weeks ago and I am going to start to share the results I receive soon too.

Good luck. I'm glad this has been of some interest to folks. I can't believe it has been this long since I started the thread. :wow:

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctor Z, thank you for sharing your story. Are you currently using the new version of Revivogen? (Revivogen Plus)

I thought my story was similar to yours, but more complex. My hair started thinning crazy last year, and I got on snake oil products a couple of times. The first one I used was Procerin. The pill and the topical solution worked wonders on my hair the first time. Then after three months, I felt "safe" on my hair loss, so I decided to quit. This was almost two years ago.

Then last year, my hair started falling out crazily again, so I went ahead and bought Revivogen. Also, I used Kirkland minoxidil 5% along with Revivogen. After three months of treatment, my hair looked fuller than ever. This was December of 2012.

After revivogen, I thought I would go back to Procerin because of all the good reviews and prior personal success. This was in January of this year. Something went amiss from this point. I am not sure if Procerin changed their formula or my body became different, but Procerin thinned out my hairline more than ever. So I returned the product and went on Lipogaine. Had a great success with that product for three months.

Then a big event came, which was knee surgery. I had a torn ACL and had my ACL reconstructed in June of this year. Ever since then, I have been shedding so much hair to the point where I got into depression. I got on finasteride, but it destroyed my hair even further with bad skin condition as a side effect. Now I am considering dropping finasteride and just go back to revivogen again. I will definitely post a thread about my story later on.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...too many people start things and never finish...I am guilty of that big-time...

...I think dermarolling and using Revivo as a topical could be a winning combination....I firmly believe Revivo CAN work, but I couldn't see it getting absorbed well enough..it is very, very oily...

Jacob

Reaction score
As I just posted in the other thread..the "new" Pro(not Plus)version contains the exact same ingreds. Nothing new about it.

- - - Updated - - -

...too many people start things and never finish...I am guilty of that big-time...

...I think dermarolling and using Revivo as a topical could be a winning combination....I firmly believe Revivo CAN work, but I couldn't see it getting absorbed well enough..it is very, very oily...

But wait, it has that Follicular delivery system or whatever. Liposomes. That's impossible!

At least something like Polaris'/Divine Skins' are fairly new- the combos are different and actually nanosomal. Many others out there to try. Revivogen and Crinagen are fossil fuels these days.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Dude, PROCERIN is a scam! Interesting reading on this thread, thanks Doctor Z for coming back and updating. I always thought Revivogen was of little use to people as a stand alone treatment....Looks like I was wrong, but years ago hardly anyone used this treatment, or if they did they dropped it after a short time.

Petchsky

Reaction score
True that, there is a lack of independently taken before and afters for Revivogen...but I hold some credability by Doctor Z's post due the length of time on updates and that the Admin on this site used it successfully for a number of years beofre dropping it.....but looking at photos of hair with Revivogen in it, it looks very greasy, I think i'd struggle to use something that often that makes your hair look like you've been in an oil slick.

Doctor Z

Reaction score
True that, there is a lack of independently taken before and afters for Revivogen...but I hold some credability by Doctor Z's post due the length of time on updates and that the Admin on this site used it successfully for a number of years beofre dropping it.....but looking at photos of hair with Revivogen in it, it looks very greasy, I think i'd struggle to use something that often that makes your hair look like you've been in an oil slick.

It's not something I would use in the morning, as I think the package suggests. I use it every other day or so and usually wash my hair the next morning. Otherwise I think you may run into issues with oiliness. The only downside is that it kind of stinks. Bad enough that I would never put it on and go to work or out with friends.