My results 7 months into 1.25-2.50mg finasteride UPDATE 5/12

STEE77

Reaction score
Re: My results 7 months into 1.25 - 2.50mg finasteride

Looks like damn good progress to me. Keep it up man

bender187

Reaction score

i'm not sure if a sudden regrowth phase occured in the past few months or what but it has been exactly 2 years since i've started taking finasteride..the first year passed and i was almost certain i was keeping the hair i had, and now this second year has come by and i know for a fact i have regrown most hair or all of it back where i was balding and itching

things i haven't done within the past 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

scratch my scalp (in the areas where i was balding)
use ketaconazole shampoo a few times a week
use a permanent marker to cover up my baldspot lol
checking to see if my hairline receded anymore each day

dreading and having severe anxiety about going to get my haircut every few weeks..no matter how short they cut my hair in any area now i have full scalp coverage

i will post some pics up as soon as i get my camera charged...im always prepared for hair loss to continue but for right now im enjoying my results

pazguato

Reaction score

That's good news!

Studys have shown that finasteride results improve over the second year and, if you are a good responder, over the third too.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

Aweeesoomme!! We need more of this. Success stories is getting awfully quiet!

Congrats.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score

i envy you :( really,good job.

bender187

Reaction score

update 5/20/2012 i took some pictures of my hairs current state all over and hairline, i also wanted to show how tiny my finasteride pill is i take daily after i finish cutting it.

aug292010.jpg

august 29 2010

i circled that red dot, thats what ive been using to measure any receding

may202012.jpg

may 20 2012
aug2920102.jpg

august 29 2010
may2020122.jpg

may 20 2012

i think some areas my hairline has stayed the same and other areas i think i have grown a little, but i don't see anymore receding and its been two years..i'll let you be the judge :p
backofhead1.jpg

backofhead2.jpg

backofhead3.jpg

dryhair1.jpg

dryhair2.jpg

dryhair3.jpg

dryhair4.jpg

pictures of my hair wet
wethair1.jpg

wethair2.jpg

wethair3.jpg

all of these are new pics 5/20/2012 i just took them about half an hour ago

bender187

Reaction score

i took some pictures of my prescription bottle and showing how damn small my pill is once i finish cutting (1.25mg of finasteride) when cut into 1/4's

prescriptionbottle.jpg

i am a costco member, and my insurance wont cover for this so i pay about $23 every couple of months for a new refill. note: my doctor wouldnt write me a prescription for finasteride but only for propecia. i was like no thanks thats way too damn expensive so i found a dermatoligist that wrote me a script for 5mg finasteride and instructed me to cut it with a pill cutter

pillsize.jpg

before i cut it..(pretty small huh?)
pillcut4.jpg

pillcutsingle.jpg

thats what i've been taking daily for the past 2 1/2 years

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
Great improvement! Good for you, Congratulations! :)

bender187

Reaction score
ok **UPDATE** i want to know if anybody here has had unwanted side effects from using nizoral shampoo such as hair loss or hair thinning. I started using it again about a month ago and my hair looks really different on the crown, i can actually see where it has thinned. This has kind of got me freaked out and i am going to stop using nizoral shampoo altogether

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You seem to jump to conclusions. I doubt Nizoral is making your hair thin.

jazz1

Reaction score
ok **UPDATE** i want to know if anybody here has had unwanted side effects from using nizoral shampoo such as hair loss or hair thinning. I started using it again about a month ago and my hair looks really different on the crown, i can actually see where it has thinned. This has kind of got me freaked out and i am going to stop using nizoral shampoo altogether

Nizoral is very harsh on the hair every wash will strip your oil completely making your hair look thin, I stopped using it and switched to Regenepure it's chemical free and contains ketoconozole at the same time replacing your hair nutrients.

bender187

Reaction score
after reading some posts online ive come to the conclusion that it may have irritated my scalp this time around, my hair was doing just fine without it but since insurance paid for it i figured why not get back on it? I am back to using selsum blue shampoo with zinc