My results 7 months into 1.25-2.50mg finasteride UPDATE 5/12

bender187

Reaction score
My story -
I got prescribed to Propecia and took that for about a month between mid-feb and april/may 2010..then switched over to finasteride 5MG and have been cutting that into fourths with a pill cutter. I took just 1.25MG of finasteride daily for a few months but still had some itch on my scalp so i upped the dose to 2.50 daily and the itching has stopped.
I've considered bringing the dose back down now to 1.25 because I don't want to build a tolerance to that dose. I also use prescribed 2% Ketaconazole shampoo twice a week, which I'm pretty sure is the same as Nizoral, i use this WITH A CONDITIONER because I think using the shampoo alone dries/irritates my scalp..i let both the shampoo and conditioner sit on my scalp 5-10 min each. On top of all this i use rogaine foam where my hairline is receding and have had low expectations of hair regrowth and also no results.

I am currently not suffering anymore hair loss or receding and the itching has stopped. Wish i would've started this a couple of years earlier when the hair loss begun but didn't start right away because of all the horror stories I read. I haven't experienced any sides except for minor ball ache after i upped the dose to 2.5mg of finasteride..but that went away after a couple weeks. I'm still kind of worried for the future but hope my hair loss has been completely halted for a few more years and hopefully some more regrowth can occur

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 4,527
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 3,169
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,913
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 3,113
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 3,139
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,305
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 4,817

bender187

Reaction score
Re: My results 7 months into 1.25 - 2.50mg finasteride

more pics

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,356
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 3,556
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,819
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 2,367

JWM

Reaction score

Looks damn good to me! Keep up the good work :bravo:

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score

Congratulations! Great results.

How long was it before you started seeing regrowth?

I've been on my regimen for 3 months and can't really see any improvement.

bender187

Reaction score

reckless said:

thanks for replies guys..
and also I didn't notice regrowth until maybe about about 5 months into it after I would get a haircut..I would run home and view my scalp in the mirror, I actually wasn't anticipating much regrowth but I was hoping to halt the hairloss and scalp itch. I've done so much research on hair from what I gathered hair growth goes through several cycles and it can take up to a year before noticing any changes in hair patterns if you are on finasteride or some other type of drug like that..according to propecia's website if you don't notice hair growth or a halt in hair loss within 12 months then its probably not going to work. And also i did kind of go through a minor shed in my bald spot area before some of that grew back..freaked me out a bit

kaosi

Established Member
Reaction score

u'r hair is much darker. congrats u have nice progres

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score

bender187 said:
reckless said:

thanks for replies guys..
and also I didn't notice regrowth until maybe about about 5 months into it after I would get a haircut..I would run home and view my scalp in the mirror, I actually wasn't anticipating much regrowth but I was hoping to halt the hairloss and scalp itch. I've done so much research on hair from what I gathered hair growth goes through several cycles and it can take up to a year before noticing any changes in hair patterns if you are on finasteride or some other type of drug like that..according to propecia's website if you don't notice hair growth or a halt in hair loss within 12 months then its probably not going to work. And also i did kind of go through a minor shed in my bald spot area before some of that grew back..freaked me out a bit

There's hope for me yet then! I think the finasteride has stopped my hairloss, I hardly get any hair in my hands after running my hands through my hair. I'm happy with that but I would like some regrowth.

I thought most people see some visible results by 3 months but it's good to know that it's possible people see them later like you did. Fingers crossed for the next 3 months.

postit15

Reaction score

nice results! Did u jus minoxidil on ur crown too or ur regrowth there is purely from finasteride?

bender187

Reaction score

hey thx that is from finasteride, i havent used any minoxidil on my scalp other than where the hairline is receding but its not really doing anything at all

bender187

Reaction score

small update:
my temples have been itching a lot for the past couple weeks..haven't noticed anymore thinning in that area though

T

Timi

Hello bender187

take you 1,25mg Morning and 1,25mg evenning??

Thanks

Timi

bender187

Reaction score

Timi said:
Hello bender187

take you 1,25mg Morning and 1,25mg evenning??

Thanks

Timi

yes i take 1.25 mg in the morning and one in the evening but i may bring it back down to 1.25 for the entire day.

Kazoocs

Reaction score

I have a very similar story in which propecia did not work for a year. shedding is still very heavy if not worse then when I started. this inspires me to switch to. finasteride. can I ask what you said to your doctor or where you ordered the finasteride ?

Thanks

Kazoocs

Reaction score

I aware.Could I ask for a higher dosage if propecia ( if even possible) or order generic finasteride online?

compaq1

Reaction score

looks good man , i have the same hair loss as u . dont give up on rogain , i use it on my hair line and just stated to see improvment with it , it took me 6 months to see any growth with it .. stuff works it just takes time .

megamastakilla

Reaction score

compaq1 said:
looks good man , i have the same hair loss as u . dont give up on rogain , i use it on my hair line and just stated to see improvment with it , it took me 6 months to see any growth with it .. stuff works it just takes time .
Hi.
I just took my first finasteride to day.
I saw, what you wrote about trying a higher doze. I talked with my Doctor. and he told me that it would not help to take a higher doze. Only if you have some prostata problems. They made some tests, where they gave up to 80 mg. doze, but the result was the same...

bender187

Reaction score

another small update..temples still itch a lot but it seems to be when i wear a hat of any sort..could be a brand new hat or a hat ive had for a while..if i dont wear a hat (usually right after i get a new / good haircut) my scalp and temples are itch free

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

bender187 said:
another small update..temples still itch a lot but it seems to be when i wear a hat of any sort..could be a brand new hat or a hat ive had for a while..if i dont wear a hat (usually right after i get a new / good haircut) my scalp and temples are itch free

Honestly I used to itch a lot in the front hairline when I wore a hat back when I was 11-12-13 years old. It never mattered.

If I wear a hat now to the gym or something, after a little while it stops itching. I think it's more to do with the way your hair is being pressed down from the hat than the DHT affecting it.

Trahoho

Reaction score

Bender187, how old are you ? How aggressive was your hairloss (number of hairs) ? When did it stop ?