My results 7 months into 1.25-2.50mg finasteride UPDATE 5/12

bender187

Reaction score
Re: My results 7 months into 1.25 - 2.50mg finasteride

ty for replies,

@trahoho
i am 25, i started getting annoying scalp itch around 23 which is when my hair loss began..my hairloss really wasnt aggressive, i lost hair in the crown area gradually over a two year period along with my hair receding but the itching was just non stop and so annoying. im not sure exactly when my hair loss stopped. i know it took a few months, it was nothing immediate..my itching has gone away a bit since ive continued on finasteride. i just hope it continues to work. im still kind of worried about how long finasteride will work until the body will become immune to it..i've read some stories here where that has happened.

EDIT: i read that the body does not come immune to it, the follicle just becomes so sensitive to the small amount of DHT that isnt blocked by finasteride and at that point finasteride wont do any good

bender187

Reaction score

another small update...i think im going back down to just 1.25mg a day..
i still have slight tingling and itching throughout the day on my temples..i think finasteride may only be slowing the thinning process in that area its so hard to tell at this point. in my opinion if im still feeling tingling and itching in those areas that means the dht is affecting the hair follicle.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Your baseline is pretty much exactly where I am now, and i'm starting finasteride today! I hope to have the same results as you!

bender187

Reaction score

ok UPDATE*** 1/13/2011

It has been almost a full year since ive started finasteride and I've come to the conclusion that my regimen of 1.25 to 2.5 mg of finasteride daily, and washing 2-3 times a week with ketaconazole shampoo has greatly SLOWED DOWN my thinning process..but has not completely halted hair loss in all areas. i will post pictures later when i get around to it, i think it may have halted where my hair line was receding up at the top left and right corners of my forehead but my baldspot has gotten slightly bigger..and my temples still itch alot and i think they are thinning but not receding.

its thinning so slowly and gradually that I wouldnt of noticed the difference if i didn't take pictures.. i think finasteride has helped with that. My hair has thickened up a lot on the crown of my head though since I've begun taking finasteride, and stopped using so much hair gel. I will continue taking finasteride..

If im able to find a cheaper version of avodart (dutasteride) i may replace that with the finasteride..and if all else fails, i plan on getting hair restoration down the road. I will post some pics later

bender187

Reaction score

on another note, i have no problem getting it up, and am horny as much as ive ever been but i do have problems climaxing to the point of ejaculating..a bit graphic i know just thought id share..for some reason i don't think this is related to Finasteride..but it started maybe within the past month or so.

and by my above post where i said hair restoration that meant hair transplant..
i want to go to the same guy that eminem went to..has anyone noticed how UNBELIEVABLY PERFECT his hair line is for his age?

Attachments

• em.jpg
    em.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 563

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

I don't think he has any balding at all...just good hair genes.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah i agree with gray- looks just like natural hair to me. i've never seen an hair transplant that natural, and rarely see them that low either.

bender187

Reaction score

final update for a while:

paxil/paraxotene has made me go from a one minute man to a one hour man..finasteride has had nothing to do with this..

this is both a good thing and a BAD THING when i just wanna rub one out before i head out on a date or go to work!

wish yall best of luck

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score

Good :punk:

bender187

Reaction score

bender187 said:
final update for a while:

paxil/paraxotene has made me go from a one minute man to a one hour man..finasteride has had nothing to do with this..

this is both a good thing and a BAD THING when i just wanna rub one out before i head out on a date or go to work!

wish yall best of luck

IM BACK since my last update..i am still taking finasteride and have maintained my hairline, and halted my hairloss on my scalp and have possibly grown some hair back (can't really tell)

on a sidenote i was on a drug called paxil for anti depression and anxiety..i've recently come off the drug because it made me gain 60 pounds since january. I am now a f*****g fatass but i still have good hair! new pics coming

bender187

Reaction score

^ EDITED MY BIG *** FOREHEAD PIMPLE OUT

my favorite picture. 10/24/2011

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Another great finasteride success story!

Sorry if I missed it...but did you have any problem with sides?

bender187

Reaction score

no problems with sides, some days ill be lazy and wont even cut the finasteride into 1/4 s with my pill cutter so ill take 2.5 mg of finasteride a day..but still no side affects from that

bender187

Reaction score

ALSO i did use the "big three" at one point, i only used rogaine foam for my receding hairline but decided it didn't do sh*t in growing any of the hair back that i lost (finasteride halted that receding). i still use the prescribed ketaconazole shampoo but not as much as i used to.. also one of the main reasons i got on finasteride was to halt my constant scalp itch and it got rid of that almost entirely

T

Timi

bender

i see You have red ears comes that from minoxidil?

i had the same red ears

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow, it just goes to show how different everyone's bodies are.

Are you still on this high dosage?

Excellent results - you must be very pleased

bender187 said:
no problems with sides, some days ill be lazy and wont even cut the finasteride into 1/4 s with my pill cutter so ill take 2.5 mg of finasteride a day..but still no side affects from that

bender187

Reaction score

Timi said:
bender

i see You have red ears comes that from minoxidil?

i had the same red ears

thanks for comments all. and my ears have always been red like that for some reason people used to point it out to me as a kid haha

bender187

Reaction score

Fincar18 said:
Wow, it just goes to show how different everyone's bodies are.

Are you still on this high dosage?

Excellent results - you must be very pleased

bender187 said:

thanks im sorry if you had bad luck with the finasteride..

its kind of like my negative side affects when i took paxil for my depression..it got rid of my bad moods but i packed on an average of 10 pounds a month without changing my diet! so im one of the few that experienced the severe side affects of paxil, but really i have nad no sides with finasteride i take 1/4 of finasteride 5mg a day