My response to this forum's attack on me.

WhiteWolfKevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Part I

So... I really don't want to be here but unfortunately it came to my attention that there was an extremely vitriolic thread about me posted here that posted disinformation, ad-hominem, and repeated slanderous and disgusting accusations about me which accuse me in engaging in criminal behaviour and was the subject of a defamation lawsuit I recently settled.
It's extremely upsetting to me of course that this lawsuit has come to the attention of so many people as accusations against me, as someone who teaches K-12 physical education to the student athlete population are not only fallacious but extremely embarrassing and a threat to my reputation and livelihood as anyone who googles my name can come across these kind of threads and being that the accusations touch on an emotionally charged issue may not take the time to evaluate it critically so at the very least I feel I should give my side of the story and address some of the more egregious allegations made against me in the thread titled Kevin Mann VS Encyclopedia Dramatica.
Before I talk about the individual comments made on that thread please understand that I am not permitted to speak regarding details of the settlement and the same thing goes for the opposing party as we both agreed but you'll notice that the defamatory page about me in question is no longer on Encyclopedia Dramatica so that should give you some idea of which party the settlement favoured.

I am not going to respond to every post as some of the things claimed about me here are true like that I had a hair transplant. I'm also not going to bother responding to the real stupid posts like I wear a wig because even though it is not true I don't give a sh*t if people are stupid enough to believe that. Also, to the few people who defended me here, thank you.

So let me go ahead and get this over with and address some of the claims made against me.

Rudolphus wrote-

"He's suing Encyclopedia Dramatica for a page they put on their website about him which said some not very nice things about him. On the page, they have pasted posts that Kevin Mann appears to have publicly made in the past (with his name and photo showing it is him), some of which were creepy and others racist, and one which was a sexually inappropriate comment about a child. I don't know if it could all have been fabricated though, because it would be possible for someone to use Photoshop to falsely make it look like Kevin made these posts when he actually didn't. Therefore, I reserve judgement."

Thank you for reserving judgement and while again I cannot reveal the details as it pertains to the settlement I will say that all of the comments written about me on that page were presented in false light. Keep in mind, ED is a satirical wiki that aims to be as offensive and politically incorrect as possible but the way those comments were presented in that thread were made as if I had said them in earnest. What I was saying there was absolutely in no way any different than what anyone else was writing, I just happened to get on someone's bad side hence why I had a sh*t article made about me. That doesn't mean I don't regret that sh*t but was I being serious? f*** no.

Catagen wrote-

"Its all real and he doesn't deny any of it."

Bullshit, if it were all real and I admitted it then I would have had no case, the judge would've thrown it out. By definition if something is real it cannot be considered defamation and I would have no case.

Rudolphos replied

"Is that known for sure though? Unless he's actually said in a video or a post he's made that he doesn't deny any of it, then I think we should give him the benefit of any doubt that there is."

No it isn't, I never admitted it in a video or anywhere else. If I did it would've been found and used against me by the defense.

Catagen wrote-

"Yeah as the guy said he posted a video about it. He says they make him look bad and take it out of context but the guy is very weird. He talks very fast and stumbles all the time and has questionable beliefs."

Why don't you put a video up of you speaking to the camera so we can all judge how you sound? Easy to talk sh*t about the way I sound on camera when you don't have any videos of yourself speaking. I speak quickly because my videos are very long and filled with detail. I don't speak super fast like that when I'm off camera, it is just a way for me to cover a lot of ground in a short period of time.

"In these 2 threads he reveals he doesn't use finasteride. And in the first he says it gave him ED. But on his channel he claims he never had any side effects even from dutasteride.

Also to this day he uses misc lingo in a non comedic setting, very weird."

That thread is 8-9 years old from what I remember. At the time I wasn't on finasteride because back then I really did buy into the fear mongering and I gave myself a nocebo effect. A lot of the things I thought finasteride was doing to me were just normal occurrences I took for granted before beginning treatment. I have never kept this a secret and I have discussed my struggles to overcome the fear of using finasteride many times on my channel. My own experiences on the matter are what inspired me to speak out on the subject in hopes on other people who are conflicted on the matter.
Also, as for the whole "misc lingo" thing, I just do that to add some levity to my videos as they can be pretty long and boring; It's just something to keep my viewer's attention.

"All of these threads are him. Also here is his old channel which he references in his wids with busomjack in the name(see link): [can't post link because I am a new user]
Which confirms the encyclopedia dramatica post on him."

The T-Nation threads were indeed written by me during a time when my views on finasteride and hair loss in general were not fully established. They are not reflective of my present day views so unless you're suggesting nobody has the right to ever change their opinion then that means everybody from the Propeciahelp forum is a fraud since they presumably at least at one point believed taking finasteride was a good idea.
That username from my old channel confirms nothing, it is an obscure reference to a character that appeared in the mailbag section from PC Accelerator Magazine which was a magazine I was a fan of in the 90s. The horrific posts on Ebaumsworld being attributed to me were the primary reason I filed the lawsuit to begin with. The username mentioned there is similar to the one I have used in the past but I have NEVER had an account on Ebaumsworld and I had never seen that thread until it was posted. What happened was the person who wrote the article doxxed me knowing the username from my old channel and he must've stumbled upon that foul thread and then just assumed I was the one who wrote it.
The thread looks like a joke thread where people were talking about their parents catching them masturbating but the article used those posts and claimed that it is proof I sexually abuse children and I raped an underage cousin (which I don't even have.)
Just think about it, if those claims were true do you think I would've filed a lawsuit? The defense could've pushed for discovery to confirm the claims which not only would've killed my defamation suit but also meant I could be facing criminal charges since what they accused me of was statutory rape and incest, both federal crimes.
Like I said before, one of the things I do to make money is I train the student-athlete population, mostly teenagers whose parents I am on good terms with. For a time when you googled my name that sh*t article would appear on the first page of google. That was completely unacceptable, I don't care if they bill themselves as a "satire website", that article was not presented as satire and I could not tolerate such horrific and unsubstantiated libel being written about me.

Pigeon Wrote-

"That's fcked up.

Isn't this the guy that says it's almost impossible to get side effects from fina? Meanwhile he had/has them himself.

Just checked his channel, jup like I thought another dangerous bro scientist. Loved how he cherry picked studies to dismiss PFS and ignored all other studies, lol.

It's also clear he's mentally unstable and narcissistic. Saddest part of all is young guys who get brainwashed by this hairloss "guru" and think it's completely safe taking 5AR inhibitors...."

Again...it was a nocebo effect. If I really got horrible sides from finasteride, why would I continue using it? I have a videos where I literally pop a quartered proscar on camera so don't accuse me of lying about it.

So, I'm a "dangerous bro-scientist." Why is that? Because I don't tell you what you want to hear. You didn't look at any of my videos because if I you really were convinced I was full of sh*t you would've responded to the specific points I made in them. I have seen your posts in other threads and I notice you have a habit of just dumping out whatever random scientific article you can possibly cite without any regards to the quality or methodology. The only litmus test is that the study confirms your biases and you post it without offering any editorial point of view as if it's just gospel that we must all accept. You'll notice in my videos I don't just back up my claims with science, I disseminate the scientific research and explain why or why not a certain study should be trusted. You on the other just flood the forums with whatever the Hell you can and hope that people will be so overwhelmed with the mountain of bullshit you throw at them that they won't bother responding.

Giegosiganoe wrote-

"Haven't seen those before. Pretty odd I'll admit. But I'd like to think he has changed. I have no reason to think he's like that anymore. Even if he had finasteride sides in the past, they were probably just in his head because he takes it now without problem."

Thank you for keeping an open mind. You are correct, I have changed my views since then on both lifestyle and finasteride. During that time in my life I had just gotten over a horrible breakup with a woman who I wanted to marry, at almost 40 years old that is the one and only time in my life I ever considered marriage and I had my heart torn to shreds. I coped with it through many means such as drug abuse as well as eventually engaging in sexually risky behaviour which made me feel good but caused other problems and seeking any scapegoat I could I blamed the finasteride for it. It wasn't until I cleaned up my act and discovered Dr. Trueb's research that I realized how all these problems were imaginary and were just things I took for granted (like occasionally not waking up with morning wood) or problems caused by my absolute sh*t lifestlye at the time that damage my body and mind.
Nothing in the world made me feel better than cleaning up and restarting finasteride in confidence knowing that all the problems I worried the drug was causing me were either imaginary or self-inflicted. I haven't stopped since and have been on the drug consistently for 8 years and my hair has only gotten better.

Derelict wrote-

"Most sensible people don't claim finasteride/duta is risk free. Like any drug it carries risk, what people have to decide is whether the benefits outweigh the risks like everything else in life."

Yup, and I have never once claimed that finasteride or dutasteride is risk free. Every drug carries risks, the only thing I have spoken about is the neurotic and rampant fear-mongering that floods the internet and may have very well scared many people who would've otherwise been good responders to finasteride from getting on treatment and losing hair. I felt it important that people who are considering treatment hear from the perspective of someone who has had a positive experience for a change. Ultimately, what they decide is up to them and their doctor but people who have had a positive experience from finasteride shouldn't be shamed out of sharing their experiences. That is all I am doing, you can think of me as a Yin to the PFS foundation's yang.

Pigeon wrote-

"Can one really trust such a guy? Considering his past he would have no problems lying about his sides to further his youtube career as a hairloss guru.

He also isn't honest and transparent in his videos that he experienced side effects from fina."

Again, I wasn't lying. You said you've "checked out my channel" but you didn't look very deep as I have spoken about my struggles with the nocebo effect in several of my videos and I have never denied that I was once anti-finasteride. What I do on youtube is not a "career", it's a hobby. I do it because I enjoy it, not because I need to. I would probably need 1 million subscribers to make it a viable career alternative to me. The fact that you just jump to this conclusion without doing the research necessary to confirm this proves you don't give a sh*t about the facts, only what supports your biases. If I am lacking honesty and transparency because I was once anti-finasteride then everybody from the propeciahelp forums is dishonest because they used to be pro finasteride at one point, at least enough to take it.

Pigeon wrote-

"Some get sides for years after quitting, enough members on this forum alone who can tell you about it.

He minimzes the risks of 5ar inhibtors, ignores and cherry picks studies, lies and has a very shady past. He's a dangerous wannabe hairloss guru painting a false picture.

Anyway this thread isn't about side effects so I'll leave it at that."

You have no basis to say that side effects of finasteride are mostly reported when people come off. Finasteride side effects while taking the drug do occur and I have never denied that despite your claims. However, reports of supposed side effects occurring after stopping the drug are untrustworthy because how do you exclude other factors for these symptoms, or nocebo effect, or psychological problems, depression from untreated hair loss, or any external factors that may be happening in people's lives? I dealt with PFS in a couple of my videos. I assume you've seen them since you claimed to check out my channel. Rather than just lazily posting a bibliography of research that supports your confirmation bias, why not respond to each specific point I made in the video? You won't be able to because you aren't capable of forming coherent arguments, you just cite other people's research and hope that will do the argument for you and don't make any attempts to explain why whatever outcome you're citing is based on south methodology.
No, you seem to think that just the existence of a study is evidence enough and in that regard you're the one cherry picking research since you're dismissive of all the research I have not just cited, but also broken down and explained to justify its citation in my videos; something you're not capable of because you don't give a sh*t about scientific research, you're just seeking a safe zone to cope with your decision to not use finasteride.
So again, don't waste my time with your sh*t bibliography, I explain the methodology and assess the quality of the outcomes in my study and if you want to argue with me then you need to be held to that same standard.

Continued in Part II...

WhiteWolfKevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Part II

Catagen wrote-

"The thing is if you post these links on his yt channel he will delete your comment and the comments wont be visible anymore. He constantly moderates his comments even on his old videos."

Not true, the only comments I delete are comments that make slanderous accusations about me in reference to that article from ED and I also delete people who post from the propecia help forum since they banned me from their forums so it is only fair I deny them a platform to speak on my channel. I have told them I will stop doing it if they unban me but fat chance of that happening.

"I don't get what is wrong with him. He doesn't deny side effects but claims there are no permanent side effects. I don't believe he is natural either because of the forum posts about him thinking about a cycle."

True, I don't just claim that finasteride doesn't cause permanent side effects though, I have done research on the subject and made several detailed videos explaining my opinion. What is wrong with that? You think there is something "wrong" with someone if they don't give into the fear mongering from the propeciahelp insane asylum where they claim finasteride made them trans or made their anus numb? I guess you think that is all normal behavior.

"People treat him as if he has an M.D. and constantly ask him how come he is not a doctor. People should hear both sides of the argument and not his biased point of view. When he makes a new vid about something a bunch of people haven't heard about it and he is the main source of info for them. He says always ask your doctor first but its not hard to get a prescription in most places in the world."

If people treat me like an MD then that is on them, I have never claimed to be a doctor and I always tell people to speak with their doctor first before beginning treatment. If people want to hear the "other" side of the argument then there are plenty of other sources out there for that, I have even seen PFS stories make cable news. If anything I am the "other side" of the argument, not them. I am not doing anything to prevent people from hearing other sides of the argument.

Yeah, prescriptions are given pretty easily by many doctors but if people are not convinced they can get second opinions. What would the alternative be? Going to this forum where people perform case studies on themselves and rely on anecdotal evidence as opposed to scientific research? That's grand.

"He says DHT is a trash hormone which is retarded and he knows it. Also 2-5% side effect rate is not low risk actually. If a million people take the medicine and 2% is still a lot of people."

It is a trash hormone, why don't you watch my videos on the subject and tell me which points you think are wrong and explain why the scientific sources I used and disseminated use flawed methodology.

2-5 percent side effect ratio being high or low is subjective, personally I think those odds are great.

"Also he claims in the bodybuilding thread he wasn't on finasteride at time, only on min and keto shampoo. He also claims he got bad side effects from topical flutamide but none from dutasteride.

Its funny because people were trolling him on his old videos(just look at the comments and the dislikes) and they knew he was a massive creep but now everyone treats him as a genius.

But he doesn't care much about his yt channel when it comes to money I think he has a decent job now."

Again, never denied having gone off finasteride at some points due to giving into the fear mongering and giving me a nocebo effect. True about the flutamide, it was one of the things I tried as an alternative to finasteride and it gave me bad sexual sides, would not recommend.

The initial negativity to my channel mostly came from the Bioware forums. I posted a lot of sexist and controversial threads there as a joke and it didn't make them too happy. My youtube channel was in my signature so a lot of people from there came over to give my videos a healthy dose of hate.

-SonicTemples

"Wow I am really disappointed. He could have said that he had side effects..."

You should be more disappointed in yourself for not taking the effort to confirm the veracity of that claim, it is complete bullshit. I NEVER had sides but there was a time I thought I had sides and I have been open about this in the comments of my videos as well as the videos themselves.

resu

"It's a cope mechanism to fight the nocebo effects, problem is that he has taken that to the extreme, it's one thing to lie to yourself, other is to lie to others."

I've gone over this but I'm only quoting it because it is pretty funny. People think I am some sort of pro-finasteride supervillain out to make everybody as miserable as I am suffering from the horrible effects of finasteride so I can feel better knowing others share in my misery. I have made the same claims about people who tell others to avoid finasteride and just shave their head.

My life would be substantially worse today if I were bald and in my comments I have tons of people as young as 16 all the way to their 50s who tell me that I am the reason they started finasteride and they've responded great to it. That makes me feel amazing knowing I have helped them save their hair.

Sonic Temples wrote

"His followers have the right to know that he self admittedly had sides from finasteride. It's not ethical for someone to claim they didn't have sides while claiming otherwise in the past.

It's like saying I took cyanide and I'm aight so you guys shouldn't be afraid of it.

I like the fact that he cares about animals etc. but he has to come forward or at least explain the idea behind this post."

Again, I have NEVER denied that I was once anti-finasteride. Overcoming this fear of finasteride is what inspired me to help others to build up the courage to use finasteride because I am confident based on the science most people respond well to this drug. I talk about hair loss in general in my channel but I am slightly more pro-finasteride than your average hair loss YouTuber and part of that is about helping people overcome the fear to use something which is safe and effective for most people.

Also, why even bring up that I like animals? Does my veganism trigger you?

Catagen wrote

"Anyway just found another video from 2013. He shills out for Regenpure here and is against finasteride, how can he be any sort of reliable if he wont address concerns like these."

This is probably the only thing from the thread where I can concede I did something which I now consider to be unethical. Some people may know me from before my current youtube channel where I was very active on hair loss forums and as such Regenepure reached out to me to advertise their product for their channel in exchange for money which I regrettably accepted. I have talked about this on my channel and I even re-reviewed the product on my current channel where I have condemned the product for it's exaggerated and dishonest claims (such as claiming at one point their product has no animal products even though it has emu oil).

In my defense I made that video back in either 2012 or 2011 and back then I really did believe the product I was promoting could work and I also believed the finasteride was the devil as I bought into the garbage I read from forums like this hence why I no longer post on hair loss forums.

It was stupid of me to believe in the product as it was stupid of me to believe in the video that my norwood 4 hairline was only "slightly receded." My views have changed dramatically since that video was made and I am much better read on the subject of hair loss than I was back then.

It was stupid to create that video but it is stupid for you to jump to the conclusion that I was being duplicitous since a video I made nearly 10 years ago doesn't accurately reflect what I believe today.

I was also politically more conservative back then and today I am a progressive democrat. Point is, people can change.

disfiguredyoungman wrote-

"Kevin Mann is a semi-outspoken white supremacist/nationalist whatever you wanna call it and he has more ticks than a stray dog. So needless to say I am not a huge fan of the guy.

But encoclypedia dramatica is a pretty vile plattform as well, where a bunch of self-righteous people basically project their political leanings to create wanted posters of other men based on half-truths. So I am not shocked at the prospect of them showing some accountability."

I have in the past made some racially insensitive comments for the sake of satire and politically incorrect humor but I am not a racist, white supremacist or whatever. I am glad you are the only poster here who is smart enough to realize Encyclopedia Dramatica should not be considered a serious source of information.

The user LogoDiLaurentii then makes a couple posts where he accuses me of things like having autism but I don't care enough about those accusations to respond to them. If people want to believe that that is fine, there are plenty of brilliant and productive people on the spectrum.

WhiteWolfKevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Part III

resu said-

"On the old hair loss forum he admitted he hit his parents once because of hair loss, he's overly messed up. Unfortunately the forums are gone so you can no longer search for them."

Horse sh*t, how f*****g dare you. I have a fantastic relationship with my parents. My dad is the one who got me into lifting when I was a kid and even today in his 70s we still lift together and I invite him over to my place to lift or I come over to his place to lift as we both have our own gyms. My dad has been there for me during the hardest parts of my life and other than being a good dad he's also a friend.

I don't remember the hair loss forum completely but if I remember correctly it was because I had the word "unemployed" in my name which was an inside joke(I am definitely not unemployed nor was I back then) and then someone asked me mockingly if mommy and daddy had paid for the transplant since I don't have a job and I jokingly said that I beat the money out of them.

I even trained to hit a PR in honor of father's day for him. There is a video of it on my channel, but I can't link it as a new user.

The hairlosshelp forums was a really laid back and silly place where people made funny posts all the time, I was known for it especially where I even created a thread talking about all the beautiful women men would never get if they "just shaved it bro!"

I created the "just shave it bro" meme by the way.

-Pigeon wrote

"Lmfao, tressless favorite hairloss guru is back with more broscience trying to persuade and comfort his ignorant, young balding audience that Dht is a "trash hormone" and it's a-okay to get on long term hormone treatment. Laughed quite a bit at all the nonesense in the video.

Article about the importance of DHT: [he's links the men-elite article I referenced in my video]"

Hah, there you go again lazily citing whatever dogshit you can find to help you cope with being a slap head loser who failed on finasteride and has to lash out at everybody else just because they weren't as unfortunate as you.

What's especially a funny coincidence is that I created a part 2 to that DHT trash hormone where I reference that garbage opinion piece you cited as if it were some gospel scientific study and I proceeded to tear it to pieces so I guess you'll have to find another safe space to help you cope harder.

-SonicTemples wrote

"I like his overall ethics he's a nice guy but fed up about hair loss just like all of us. Fights the good fight in his own way and raises awareness. DHT obviously has a benefit tho"

If you really feel that way then you should've given me the benefit of the doubt in light of these claims. I make a habit of trying to respond to every comment on my channel so rather than assuming all of the trash written about me is true you could've come on my channel and asked me about them and I would've happily explained.

I would appreciate the complimentary gesture in this post but the fact that you just accepted the slanderous and disgusting claims about me as fact without showing any skepticism makes me think you're either naive or disingenuous.

DHT doesn't "obviously have benefits". At least not past puberty, if it were so useful 100 percent of people would get sides. Go to my channel and check out my videos about why DHT is a trash hormone and if you think I'm wrong then I'll welcome you attempting to show me what part of my research I got wrong when I explained it.

-Pigeon

"Sadly he ONLY cares about hairloss and not the health of his viewers. He feeds into the desperate young balding tressless crowd that wants to hear fina, duta, etc is safe.

Also look into the past of this guy... That's one big can of worms I don't even want to open. Just this thread alone is full of examples of this guy's "ethics".

I'm not saying it's all bullsh*t though, I'm sure he made some reasonable videos too. But in the end he stays some wannabe youtube hairloss guru who profits of the ignorance of balding guys or maybe he just does it for the attention, fuelling his narcissism."

Again, more BS from Pigeon dick. I have actually been deeply criticized on my channel for speaking out against certain hair loss treatments like oral minoxidil due to safety concerns. I have made videos where I have discouraged people from taking oral minoxidil while at the same time admitting oral minoxidil works extremely well. If hair were all I cared about I would recommend oral minoxidil because I am convinced it works extremely well despite its dangers. I'll post the video I am talking about below.

I even stopped using and recommending RU due to concern about the lack of research.

My channel is about evidence based research so why wouldn't I prioritize the two treatments that have the most evidence based research to back up their safety and efficacy. Nobody cares about the bibliography you've amassed about finasteride's alleged dangers. Nobody has read them here, not even you. You've at best just read the outcome and conclusion because you're too lazy and stupid to discuss methodology and explain why anything you've posted has any correlation with reality.

-SonicTemples

"However I agree that I don't find his videos helpful as he tends to skip every alternative because he likes Propecia"

I don't think you watch my channel. I have given credit to many other treatments on my channel based on research and personal experience besides finasteride/propecia including minoxidil, stemoxydine, clascoterone and I have even been open to the idea of trying redensyl based on some research I have seen. I like finasteride because it has the most short and long term evidence confirming its safety and efficacy so naturally it is the one I promote the most but my channel has covered many subjects on hair loss. I have over 200 videos on my channel, maybe take a better look next time.

BurningCoals wrote-

"I feel like another problem with Mann is the outright nasty stuff he says about bald people. I mean yeah, baldness looks terrible and claiming that it doesn't or that it looks good is delusional, but maybe not verbally attack people whom are bald? I don't really like the just shave it bro brigade either, but it's not like you choose or want to become bald, some people can't take meds or don't respond to them, or just don't want to risk it. If someone like those heard the sh*t he says, I'm pretty sure they'd feel way more depressed. I almost get the vibe that he's trying to make them feel extra bad about their situation. Chill Mann.

It's like he treats bald people like they're some other species or something. I can swear I once saw a post from him on a bodybuilding forum where he said something like "bald people can be decent people". Lol.

That must be one of the worst parts of baldness, the fact that you once had hair, but now you don't and you fall into sort of a "otherness" category."

Most of it is just satire and humor. I do get frustrated when I hear bald people try to shame men into giving up and to "just shave it bro!" But generally speaking I don't have anything against people who decide for themselves that going bald is the way they want to deal with hair loss. If that is how they want to deal with it then more power to them but the bald look isn't for everybody and nobody has any business telling people what should and shouldn't be important to them. If I want to save my hair that is my business and just because you chose not to doesn't mean I am wrong so people like that can piss off.

I don't remember the BB.com posts but I do remember many sections of the forum, particular the "MISC" section was full of politically incorrect comedy and sh*t-posting. It is likely anything I wrote there was just meant as satire or trolling.

Pigeon wrote-

"Kevin Mann proving his (willful) ignorance once again. Fina is not much "safer" at all, especially when it comes to disrupting neurosteroidal processes in our body.

Neurosteroids like 3?-androstanediol (derived from DHT) and allopregnanolone (derived from progesterone) activate the GABAA receptor in the brain; because finasteride prevents the formation of neurosteroids, it functions as a neurosteroidogenesis inhibitor and may contribute to a reduction of GABAA activity. Reduction of GABAA receptor activation by these neurosteroids has been implicated in depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction.

This recent study is only 2 months old. (there is a LOT more too)

Advances in Knowledge of Androgens: How Intentional and Accidental Neurosteroid Changes Inform Us of Their Action and Role

Purpose of Review Here, we summarize current knowledge of androgens’ action gained over the recent years. Recent Findings Neurosteroids are produced in the brain and peripheral nerves, independent of endocrine glands have been investigated for how they are regulated, and have actions via...

link.springer.com

Advances in Knowledge of Androgens: How Intentional and Accidental Neurosteroid Changes Inform Us of Their Action and Role

Recent Findings

Neurosteroids are produced in the brain and peripheral nerves, independent of endocrine glands have been investigated for how they are regulated, and have actions via non-steroid receptor targets to mediate social, affective, and cognitive behavior and to protect the brain. Androgens’ organizing actions in the peri-natal period have effects throughout the lifetime that may be recapitulated later in life during critical periods and at times of challenge. Developmental changes in androgens occur during mid-childhood, adrenarche, puberty, adolescence, young adulthood, middle age, and andropause. Changes in androgens with a 5α-reductase inhibitor, such as finasteride, result in disruptions in organizational and activational functions of androgens that can be unremitting.

Summary

Normal developmental or perturbation in androgens through other means can cause changes in androgen-sensitive phenotypes throughout the lifespan, in part through actions of neurosteroids."

Here is Pigeonbrain yet again just citing whatever he can without actually making an argument. What you posted here is a review article which includes a reference to the study I posted in my video, a video you apparently think is bullshit. Like I said in my video about that study the doses of finasteride used were very high and rats have a different response to finasteride than humans since it inhibits both type I and type II in the brain in rats compared to just type II in humans.

I don't know what you're trying to prove by just posting whatever you can to back up your opinion but you're basically saying nothing. You can find research on every subject, it's not enough just to point out that research exists, you have to take the effort to disseminate the information and break down the methodology so that the outcome of the study can be put into perspective with other studies.

I love scientific research, it is something I do in almost every video but just copying and pasting a study and then posting your opinion with it is not research, it's just you being a hack who is too lazy to dig deeply into the science and explain why it really matters.

Rudolphos wrote.

"There's also the fact that finasteride doesn't just inhibit 5-alpha reductase type 2. It also inhibits type 3.

And recent research has found that finasteride also inhibits 5-beta reductase, which is a different enzyme from the three types of 5-alpha reductase. Interestingly, dutasteride doesn't inhibit this enzyme. See the following studies:

Sci-Hub | Rate of steroid double-bond reduction catalysed by the human steroid 5β-reductase (AKR1D1) is sensitive to steroid structure: implications for steroid metabolism and bile acid synthesis. Biochemical Journal, 462(1), 163–171 | 10.1042/bj2014

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2740403/"

Yeah, I already know that both finasteride and dutasteride inhibit type III. I don't make a point of it in my videos because even though several theories exist we don't know for sure the role of the type III 5AR. Until more concrete outcome data is unveiled then I don't think it is a point worth mentioning. When I make my videos I try to leave out the irrelevant sh*t to cut down on the confusion.

Rudolphos wrote-

"He had a face lift a few years ago. He mentioned it in an older video. And this may not have been the only time that he's gone under the knife. So his youthful looks are at least partly due to cosmetic surgery."

LOL! Are you pulling that out of your *** or did someone tell you this? Tell me where did you hear me or someone say this? It isn't true. The only cosmetic surgery I have had was removing moles on my face and the two hair transplants I have talked about on my video.

FromHairy2LarryDavid wrote-

"I despise the way he shits on any study that wasn't a billion dollar corporate-backed years long trial with thousands of participants. That said he should be careful about being so cocky, going around shitting on various (unfortunate) groups of people such as the PFS circle, or anyone for that matter."

I prioritize good research over crap research, what is wrong with that? Can you tell me a good reason why a case study or a bunch of crybaby hypochondriacs should be considered more valuable than a randomized controlled trial? I don't dismiss smaller studies but at the same time I don't like jumping to conclusion about preliminary or research that has flaws in its methodologies. I hold a high standard for science that doesn't care about what you want to hear, only what is high quality.

"Some wholesome instances for reference:

A few years back he claimed he had sides on finasteride (funny when u call people overweight hypochondriac neckbeards) and he was boasting about his parents paying for his transplant in what looked like a poor-shaming discussion. Won't dig into his anti-semitic facebook post as that could've been toxic sarcasm."

A complete straw man argument. Back up your sh*t or f*** off. The only thing there that might be true is me calling the propecia help clowns neckbeards but I think that is fair considering they've literally accused me of raping children based on a lawsuit that I should mention ended in my favour. It is true that back at that time I was going through financial hardships and I did get a loan from folks to help me pay for my first transplant, but I not in favor of poor-shaming anyone, because I have been through financial hardships myself. If you saw it on BB.com it would have been a shitpost just like 99% of all the posts on that site are.

"Fast-forward to recent times, when that infamous article was written he promtly made a video (now deleted) addressing it. From my personal decoding of it, his entire point was:

> he was young, dumb, inconsiderate.. the usual sh*t

> EVEN if his past was to catch up and we couldn't, for whatever reason, associate with his once pedophiliac, toxic spoiled self, he would STILL be living a comfortable happy life outside of youtube... (...okay?)

So take that person, his tone, certain remarks and what's behind those details with caution. For what it's worth him putting people on finasteride early on, saving some hairlines is a good thing but for me personally, I'll source my info elsewhere, thanks."

Again, another tedious straw man fallacy. I never said I was "young, dumb and inconsiderate." I flat out said the content was fabricated as I already discussed earlier in this thread and I only brought up my life outside of youtube because I made the case that quitting youtube was a viable option if the slander continued. The reason I took the video down was because it had information that related to the at the time active case I was litigating so my lawyer instructed me to take it down.

You can go ahead and get your information elsewhere, I don't want people like you who falsely accuse me or being a pedophile bothering me on my channel.

So in case I haven't made it clear, let me reiterate I feel if people want to criticize my content, my videos, any aspect of my character that is fine. But I am asking nicely, please do not repeat or post slander about me, especially claims that I engage in criminal behaviour. The slanderous article written about me makes accusations that people have literally been murdered over so when I took action against ED (or more specifically the admin of ED) I didn't do so out of revenge, I did so because I felt my life was literally at risk since despite the source people were taking it seriously.

When people google my name, they may find the thread I am referencing and since it pertains to a very emotionally driven subject (crimes against children) people may not take the effort to scrutinize the claims and take it at face value. I am not a public figure but I have grown enough to the point where I am recognized in public and if people who know and see me in their daily lives see a thread and are led to believe I abuse children then they may see vigilante justice against me.

So don't get me wrong, I hate filing lawsuits and I will only do so if I feel my life is in danger which I do when I see public threads like this making such horrendous accusations against me.

So please people, tear my content to shreds if you like, say I'm full of sh*t, boycott my channel, that's all fair game but don't post false accusations of criminal behaviour that could put me in danger.

And now that I have said my piece, I think I am done here. Thank you for watching my content.

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I watch your videos regularly and like how you try to dispel the baseless fear-mongering and calm down people using hard data and respectable studies, and how you actually take the time to answer comments, even though I don't agree with the idea that DHT is a trash hormone for most people (Even though many biochemistry and med books say this about DHT) and I'm not a huge fan of your humor or the way you sometimes talk about people. However I know that not everything in life is white or black and you're probably the oldest and most consistent hair loss youtuber along with Joe Tillman, something that is very respectable and has probably helped a lot of guys to save their hair.

INT

Reaction score
The man makes some good points, and I hope that all the people he quoted now also have the balls to respond to his claims. I know that a few of them probably will.

I am all for freedom of speech but Kevin, the tone you have regarding certain topics (well, one topic specifically) is in the digital world an invitation for people to hate on you (unfortunately). Just because you provide scientific evidence for your claims does not mean that you lack a certain nuance for a topic that is not as black and white as one might think. Whenever someone turns something that is very complex into something very simplistic, it can get really ugly when people are emotionally invested into the topic.

Your dichotomus way of expressing yourself around a very controversial topic is why you have a lot of fans, but also a lot of haters.

Regardless, I appreciate the time you took to respond and let's see where this thread will lead to. People delving into your history and drawing questionable conclusions about your character is something I do not approve of.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't really need to see any reason for me to respond, i wasn't critiquing him lol I can understand when people attack your character etc you feel the need to respond to such things though. Good post.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey Kevin, I remember you from HLH. Glad to hear your life has turned around in a positive way since those days. I guess once you expose yourself to social media, you open yourself up to a lot of criticism that might have to be refuted. Regardless, I am happy you have maintained all these years. Your hair looks the same as it did after you had your transplant. I think your videos are very helpful for those who want to be helped. People need to realize people can change for the better. You certainly have. Glad you found ways to help yourself as I remember how angry you were during those days at HLH. I am glad you were able to work thru those issues in a positive direction. And you certainly prove with discipline, you can maintain a great physique for so many years. Hopefully, you can stick around here and spread some of your knowledge and experiences to these newbies.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of it is just satire and humor. I do get frustrated when I hear bald people try to shame men into giving up and to "just shave it bro!" But generally speaking I don't have anything against people who decide for themselves that going bald is the way they want to deal with hair loss. If that is how they want to deal with it then more power to them but the bald look isn't for everybody and nobody has any business telling people what should and shouldn't be important to them. If I want to save my hair that is my business and just because you chose not to doesn't mean I am wrong so people like that can piss off.
Nah I agree 100% that it is retarded when people try to force others into the just shave it bro route, I just thought you went a bit overboard in some of the things you said. Maybe I overreacted though.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Part III

resu said-

"On the old hair loss forum he admitted he hit his parents once because of hair loss, he's overly messed up. Unfortunately the forums are gone so you can no longer search for them."

Horse sh*t, how f*****g dare you. I have a fantastic relationship with my parents. My dad is the one who got me into lifting when I was a kid and even today in his 70s we still lift together and I invite him over to my place to lift or I come over to his place to lift as we both have our own gyms. My dad has been there for me during the hardest parts of my life and other than being a good dad he's also a friend.

I don't remember the hair loss forum completely but if I remember correctly it was because I had the word "unemployed" in my name which was an inside joke(I am definitely not unemployed nor was I back then) and then someone asked me mockingly if mommy and daddy had paid for the transplant since I don't have a job and I jokingly said that I beat the money out of them.

I even trained to hit a PR in honor of father's day for him. There is a video of it on my channel, but I can't link it as a new user.

The hairlosshelp forums was a really laid back and silly place where people made funny posts all the time, I was known for it especially where I even created a thread talking about all the beautiful women men would never get if they "just shaved it bro!"

I created the "just shave it bro" meme by the way.

-Pigeon wrote

"Lmfao, tressless favorite hairloss guru is back with more broscience trying to persuade and comfort his ignorant, young balding audience that Dht is a "trash hormone" and it's a-okay to get on long term hormone treatment. Laughed quite a bit at all the nonesense in the video.

Article about the importance of DHT: [he's links the men-elite article I referenced in my video]"

Hah, there you go again lazily citing whatever dogshit you can find to help you cope with being a slap head loser who failed on finasteride and has to lash out at everybody else just because they weren't as unfortunate as you.

What's especially a funny coincidence is that I created a part 2 to that DHT trash hormone where I reference that garbage opinion piece you cited as if it were some gospel scientific study and I proceeded to tear it to pieces so I guess you'll have to find another safe space to help you cope harder.

-SonicTemples wrote

"I like his overall ethics he's a nice guy but fed up about hair loss just like all of us. Fights the good fight in his own way and raises awareness. DHT obviously has a benefit tho"

If you really feel that way then you should've given me the benefit of the doubt in light of these claims. I make a habit of trying to respond to every comment on my channel so rather than assuming all of the trash written about me is true you could've come on my channel and asked me about them and I would've happily explained.

I would appreciate the complimentary gesture in this post but the fact that you just accepted the slanderous and disgusting claims about me as fact without showing any skepticism makes me think you're either naive or disingenuous.

DHT doesn't "obviously have benefits". At least not past puberty, if it were so useful 100 percent of people would get sides. Go to my channel and check out my videos about why DHT is a trash hormone and if you think I'm wrong then I'll welcome you attempting to show me what part of my research I got wrong when I explained it.

-Pigeon

"Sadly he ONLY cares about hairloss and not the health of his viewers. He feeds into the desperate young balding tressless crowd that wants to hear fina, duta, etc is safe.

Also look into the past of this guy... That's one big can of worms I don't even want to open. Just this thread alone is full of examples of this guy's "ethics".

I'm not saying it's all bullsh*t though, I'm sure he made some reasonable videos too. But in the end he stays some wannabe youtube hairloss guru who profits of the ignorance of balding guys or maybe he just does it for the attention, fuelling his narcissism."

Again, more BS from Pigeon dick. I have actually been deeply criticized on my channel for speaking out against certain hair loss treatments like oral minoxidil due to safety concerns. I have made videos where I have discouraged people from taking oral minoxidil while at the same time admitting oral minoxidil works extremely well. If hair were all I cared about I would recommend oral minoxidil because I am convinced it works extremely well despite its dangers. I'll post the video I am talking about below.

I even stopped using and recommending RU due to concern about the lack of research.

My channel is about evidence based research so why wouldn't I prioritize the two treatments that have the most evidence based research to back up their safety and efficacy. Nobody cares about the bibliography you've amassed about finasteride's alleged dangers. Nobody has read them here, not even you. You've at best just read the outcome and conclusion because you're too lazy and stupid to discuss methodology and explain why anything you've posted has any correlation with reality.

-SonicTemples

"However I agree that I don't find his videos helpful as he tends to skip every alternative because he likes Propecia"

I don't think you watch my channel. I have given credit to many other treatments on my channel based on research and personal experience besides finasteride/propecia including minoxidil, stemoxydine, clascoterone and I have even been open to the idea of trying redensyl based on some research I have seen. I like finasteride because it has the most short and long term evidence confirming its safety and efficacy so naturally it is the one I promote the most but my channel has covered many subjects on hair loss. I have over 200 videos on my channel, maybe take a better look next time.

BurningCoals wrote-

"I feel like another problem with Mann is the outright nasty stuff he says about bald people. I mean yeah, baldness looks terrible and claiming that it doesn't or that it looks good is delusional, but maybe not verbally attack people whom are bald? I don't really like the just shave it bro brigade either, but it's not like you choose or want to become bald, some people can't take meds or don't respond to them, or just don't want to risk it. If someone like those heard the sh*t he says, I'm pretty sure they'd feel way more depressed. I almost get the vibe that he's trying to make them feel extra bad about their situation. Chill Mann.

It's like he treats bald people like they're some other species or something. I can swear I once saw a post from him on a bodybuilding forum where he said something like "bald people can be decent people". Lol.

That must be one of the worst parts of baldness, the fact that you once had hair, but now you don't and you fall into sort of a "otherness" category."

I don't remember the BB.com posts but I do remember many sections of the forum, particular the "MISC" section was full of politically incorrect comedy and sh*t-posting. It is likely anything I wrote there was just meant as satire or trolling.

Pigeon wrote-

"Kevin Mann proving his (willful) ignorance once again. Fina is not much "safer" at all, especially when it comes to disrupting neurosteroidal processes in our body.

Neurosteroids like 3?-androstanediol (derived from DHT) and allopregnanolone (derived from progesterone) activate the GABAA receptor in the brain; because finasteride prevents the formation of neurosteroids, it functions as a neurosteroidogenesis inhibitor and may contribute to a reduction of GABAA activity. Reduction of GABAA receptor activation by these neurosteroids has been implicated in depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction.

This recent study is only 2 months old. (there is a LOT more too)

Purpose of Review Here, we summarize current knowledge of androgens’ action gained over the recent years. Recent Findings Neurosteroids are produced in the brain and peripheral nerves, independent of endocrine glands have been investigated for how they are regulated, and have actions via...

link.springer.com

Recent Findings

Neurosteroids are produced in the brain and peripheral nerves, independent of endocrine glands have been investigated for how they are regulated, and have actions via non-steroid receptor targets to mediate social, affective, and cognitive behavior and to protect the brain. Androgens’ organizing actions in the peri-natal period have effects throughout the lifetime that may be recapitulated later in life during critical periods and at times of challenge. Developmental changes in androgens occur during mid-childhood, adrenarche, puberty, adolescence, young adulthood, middle age, and andropause. Changes in androgens with a 5α-reductase inhibitor, such as finasteride, result in disruptions in organizational and activational functions of androgens that can be unremitting.

Summary

Normal developmental or perturbation in androgens through other means can cause changes in androgen-sensitive phenotypes throughout the lifespan, in part through actions of neurosteroids."

Here is Pigeonbrain yet again just citing whatever he can without actually making an argument. What you posted here is a review article which includes a reference to the study I posted in my video, a video you apparently think is bullshit. Like I said in my video about that study the doses of finasteride used were very high and rats have a different response to finasteride than humans since it inhibits both type I and type II in the brain in rats compared to just type II in humans.

I don't know what you're trying to prove by just posting whatever you can to back up your opinion but you're basically saying nothing. You can find research on every subject, it's not enough just to point out that research exists, you have to take the effort to disseminate the information and break down the methodology so that the outcome of the study can be put into perspective with other studies.

I love scientific research, it is something I do in almost every video but just copying and pasting a study and then posting your opinion with it is not research, it's just you being a hack who is too lazy to dig deeply into the science and explain why it really matters.

Rudolphos wrote.

"There's also the fact that finasteride doesn't just inhibit 5-alpha reductase type 2. It also inhibits type 3.

And recent research has found that finasteride also inhibits 5-beta reductase, which is a different enzyme from the three types of 5-alpha reductase. Interestingly, dutasteride doesn't inhibit this enzyme. See the following studies:

Sci-Hub | Rate of steroid double-bond reduction catalysed by the human steroid 5β-reductase (AKR1D1) is sensitive to steroid structure: implications for steroid metabolism and bile acid synthesis. Biochemical Journal, 462(1), 163–171 | 10.1042/bj2014

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2740403/"

Yeah, I already know that both finasteride and dutasteride inhibit type III. I don't make a point of it in my videos because even though several theories exist we don't know for sure the role of the type III 5AR. Until more concrete outcome data is unveiled then I don't think it is a point worth mentioning. When I make my videos I try to leave out the irrelevant sh*t to cut down on the confusion.

Rudolphos wrote-

"He had a face lift a few years ago. He mentioned it in an older video. And this may not have been the only time that he's gone under the knife. So his youthful looks are at least partly due to cosmetic surgery."

LOL! Are you pulling that out of your *** or did someone tell you this? Tell me where did you hear me or someone say this? It isn't true. The only cosmetic surgery I have had was removing moles on my face and the two hair transplants I have talked about on my video.

FromHairy2LarryDavid wrote-

"I despise the way he shits on any study that wasn't a billion dollar corporate-backed years long trial with thousands of participants. That said he should be careful about being so cocky, going around shitting on various (unfortunate) groups of people such as the PFS circle, or anyone for that matter."

I prioritize good research over crap research, what is wrong with that? Can you tell me a good reason why a case study or a bunch of crybaby hypochondriacs should be considered more valuable than a randomized controlled trial? I don't dismiss smaller studies but at the same time I don't like jumping to conclusion about preliminary or research that has flaws in its methodologies. I hold a high standard for science that doesn't care about what you want to hear, only what is high quality.

"Some wholesome instances for reference:

A few years back he claimed he had sides on finasteride (funny when u call people overweight hypochondriac neckbeards) and he was boasting about his parents paying for his transplant in what looked like a poor-shaming discussion. Won't dig into his anti-semitic facebook post as that could've been toxic sarcasm."

A complete straw man argument. Back up your sh*t or f*** off. The only thing there that might be true is me calling the propecia help clowns neckbeards but I think that is fair considering they've literally accused me of raping children based on a lawsuit that I should mention ended in my favour. It is true that back at that time I was going through financial hardships and I did get a loan from folks to help me pay for my first transplant, but I not in favor of poor-shaming anyone, because I have been through financial hardships myself. If you saw it on BB.com it would have been a shitpost just like 99% of all the posts on that site are.

"Fast-forward to recent times, when that infamous article was written he promtly made a video (now deleted) addressing it. From my personal decoding of it, his entire point was:

> EVEN if his past was to catch up and we couldn't, for whatever reason, associate with his once pedophiliac, toxic spoiled self, he would STILL be living a comfortable happy life outside of youtube... (...okay?)

So take that person, his tone, certain remarks and what's behind those details with caution. For what it's worth him putting people on finasteride early on, saving some hairlines is a good thing but for me personally, I'll source my info elsewhere, thanks."

Again, another tedious straw man fallacy. I never said I was "young, dumb and inconsiderate." I flat out said the content was fabricated as I already discussed earlier in this thread and I only brought up my life outside of youtube because I made the case that quitting youtube was a viable option if the slander continued. The reason I took the video down was because it had information that related to the at the time active case I was litigating so my lawyer instructed me to take it down.

You can go ahead and get your information elsewhere, I don't want people like you who falsely accuse me or being a pedophile bothering me on my channel.

So in case I haven't made it clear, let me reiterate I feel if people want to criticize my content, my videos, any aspect of my character that is fine. But I am asking nicely, please do not repeat or post slander about me, especially claims that I engage in criminal behaviour. The slanderous article written about me makes accusations that people have literally been murdered over so when I took action against ED (or more specifically the admin of ED) I didn't do so out of revenge, I did so because I felt my life was literally at risk since despite the source people were taking it seriously.

When people google my name, they may find the thread I am referencing and since it pertains to a very emotionally driven subject (crimes against children) people may not take the effort to scrutinize the claims and take it at face value. I am not a public figure but I have grown enough to the point where I am recognized in public and if people who know and see me in their daily lives see a thread and are led to believe I abuse children then they may see vigilante justice against me.

So don't get me wrong, I hate filing lawsuits and I will only do so if I feel my life is in danger which I do when I see public threads like this making such horrendous accusations against me.

So please people, tear my content to shreds if you like, say I'm full of sh*t, boycott my channel, that's all fair game but don't post false accusations of criminal behaviour that could put me in danger.

And now that I have said my piece, I think I am done here. Thank you for watching my content.
I watch ur stuff on YouTube religiously. We all change and grow over time. You seem like a good dude who knows his sh*t. Only good vibes to you, my dude ❤️

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@WhiteWolfKevin

You puttin' in work, cuh.

Damn, 6ML of Minoxidil a day? Maybe those collagen sides are fake news after all...

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I kind of get it now lol.

It is crazy that people in this day and age spent all that time trying to dig up dirt on someone who has provided a lot of free insight and help.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I despise the way he shits on any study that wasn't a billion dollar corporate-backed years long trial with thousands of participants. That said he should be careful about being so cocky, going around shitting on various (unfortunate) groups of people such as the PFS circle, or anyone for that matter.

Some wholesome instances for reference:
A few years back he claimed he had sides on finasteride (funny when u call people overweight hypochondriac neckbeards) and he was boasting about his parents paying for his transplant in what looked like a poor-shaming discussion. Won't dig into his anti-semitic facebook post as that could've been toxic sarcasm.

Fast-forward to recent times, when that infamous article was written he promtly made a video (now deleted) addressing it. From my personal decoding of it, his entire point was:

So take that person, his tone, certain remarks and what's behind those details with caution. For what it's worth him putting people on finasteride early on, saving some hairlines is a good thing but for me personally, I'll source my info elsewhere, thanks.
Adjusting my stance with respect to his response. I'll admit my views were a bit tainted with some confusion-driven distaste. That is, confusion coming from his lack of transparency about the subject. His half-baked video response hardly covered any of those horrible instances that the article cited. Others and myself reading it were left hanging as to what to believe and what not to. Typically, upon refusal to deny an awful claim, despite one's awareness of said claim, just what does that drive you to believe?

On top of that, seeing someone going around shitting on people like the PFS folks, Blaha or even the wacky Bloodflow guy, as funny an addition to otherwise dull subjects, just becomes harder to justify, for me personally, when there's such an amount of unanswered/unaddressed sketchiness floating around from the past. Perhaps those random times of cheeky ridicule could be residual patterns of the once, apparently justified toxic busomjack persona? ... which no less, I'm now passively condoning through viewing it, instead of condemning it or demanding answers?

Who knows? Not me or anyone else since all we got is partial coverage here and there, barely touching on the details of that article. If it was in fact partly fabricated, then list the instances that were true and the ones faked. I'm not saying everyone I ever watch owes full transparency to their viewers but once certain signs of a potentially awful background leaks, you should do everything in your power to tackle that and come clean.

Even owning up to those posts just claiming to be THAT inconsiderate back then would've meant more to me then leaving half of it in the mist, leaving it for us to decide what could've been faked or how much of what's real is morally acceptable to look past etc. I believe in change above all and I've lived through less proud days myself but I'm doing my inhumanely hardest to change, which is in part the reason I'm rather pissed when someone gets away with so much unaddressed, while although jokingly, even bantering others in videos. I'll just say this response of his is a start, but change starts with full-on self-reflect imo.

WhiteWolfKevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm not being transparent enough, it's because I don't want to repeat the details of that article because the details are defamatory and threatening to my well-being and also because as a result of the lawsuit settlement I am not permitted to disclose detailed information about the outcome of the case and that goes for the opposing party as well. But to simplify it without going into detail, the facebook posts were indeed written my me and posted on the ED page, but were taken out of context and presented in a false light. ED is a website that tries to be as politically incorrect and offensive as possible and I was posting content that was no worse than what anyone else was posting. If the article about me had only contained the facebook posts I probably would not have filed a lawsuit because they were written by me even if they were posted out of context, I still would take responsibility for them. However what was absolutely unacceptable were the eBaums World posts that were linking me to someone else's eBaums World account and which were definitely dafamatory and untrue. If the claims were true the defense would have pushed for discovery which did not happen, where they could have found out, for example, that I don't have an underaged cousin at all. I do have a cousin who is only one year younger than me, and I've only met her twice in my life and she lives in France. The claims that eBaums World posted were not only not written by me, but they were defamatory bullshit.

I don't mind if people want to sh*t talk me or try to factually dismantle the things I say on my channels or postings, but I have never defamed anyone so I don't deserve to be defamed and have my life put at risk just because somebody is butthurt about my opinions on finasteride, which is what triggered the ED article to begin with (I know who wrote it and he is bald and resentful). The things I have said about Hairguard, Jason Blaha, and the Propecia Help forums are just opinions and I was not accusing them of criminal behavior. I have called Hardguard a bullshit artist, but that's not defamation because it is true. Watch my Hairguard worst of the hair loss industry for proof. I'm not asking for anyone to like me or agree with me, hell I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most likable person, but please don't accuse me of crimes against children. It's not only fallacious and defamatory, but it's putting my life at risk. I live in Colorado which is a blue state, but I live in a very conservative rural part of the state, and I have neighbors who are very conservative gun owners who also have small children, and if they google my name and they see something that says I abuse children they might actually kill me for it. It's not outlandish, people have been killed over such accusations before. I have no criminal record whatsoever and I'm not on any sex offender list or watch list.

I've written some bad things in jest in the past which I regret, and I did it basically to troll other people, which gave me a rise during my darkest days. But how many of us haven't written something that we have regretted on social media? So again I can't go into any more details, and I can't force people to act a certain way, so all I can do is to ask politely that people not defame me and instead try to address my arguments on a scientific level if you disagree with me.

Reactions: -G-

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the facebook posts were indeed written my me and posted on the ED page, but were taken out of context and presented in a false light. ED is a website that tries to be as politically incorrect and offensive as possible and I was posting content that was no worse than what anyone else was posting.
that's all I need to hear tbh. Sincerely owning up to one's mistakes and misdoings. As I said I don't come from the most pristine background myself and I try to make it as clear as I can at each step in a better direction. It's just that the level of sheer dirt washed ashore on that article was a bit much to leave in the mist imo, and especially much for viewers just to decipher themselves, go behind themselves, morally process themselves, without even mentioning it.

It isn't always the interpreter's job to decode the details, especially when said details hold such weight you wouldn't expect half of it to be fabricated. That's where you should've come in sooner rather than holding it against others afterwards, for not looking behind things - things that were in fact partly true at the end of the day. If you couldn't due to legalities, so be it. At least admitting to it helps for when someone's really concerned as to who they're investing time into watching, listening to. Like I am.

As far as I'm concerned, at this point, as terrible as those fb posts may have been, with them in hindsight and reflected upon at least, not just swept under a rug or denied, they're truly up for third party to determine if it's worth looking past, especially considering themselves and their own potentially insensitive qualities past or present.

I don't mind if people want to sh*t talk me or try to factually dismantle the things I say on my channels or postings, but I have never defamed anyone so I don't deserve to be defamed and have my life put at risk just because somebody is butthurt about my opinions on finasteride, which is what triggered the ED article to begin with (I know who wrote it and he is bald and resentful).
Yeah ED itself is hardly defendable in any case. It just so happened that this time they shed light to someone I was personally watching and planted the idea of it being passive endorsement of potentially nasty behavior.

The things I have said about Hairguard, Jason Blaha, and the Propecia Help forums are just opinions and I was not accusing them of criminal behavior. I have called Hardguard a bullshit artist, but that's not defamation because it is true. Watch my Hairguard worst of the hair loss industry for proof.
The hairguard guy is obv a bullshit-artist but like another person here pointed out, every other bald guy or "slaphead" isn't, necessarily. They're not ALL out to destroy others' hairlines by advocating against finasteride, they're not all miserable basement gremlins. It's an unfortunate bunch who have either tried and failed on medication or have been afraid to try in the first place, not necessarily because of fear-mongering, but perhaps having their own values and judgment intervene.

Those folks were hardest to see bantered on to me, with such a case going around in the background, as explained on and on by now.
(Though as a side note, said fear-mongering could really be toned down a bit. From my lurk on here, seeing what some people have gone through for hair and come back from (or not), would make anyone realize how relatively innocent finasteride is, in contrast to other nuclear arsenals.)

Either way I'm sure this thread should clear up some of the sh*t cloud but like others suggested, as an internet personality, ur really putting urself in an easily judgable position and those fb posts ARE real at the end of the day. So it will be up for the viewer to think through it, if they stumble upon any of that again somewhere.