My Observation Of Effects Of Gla On A 70 Year Old

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've actually stopped using GLA very shortly after posting here because it is actually a very potent 5AR inhibitor.

Had similar sexual sides to Finasteride, not mental sides though so not as bad as Finasteride.

I stay away from 5AR inhibitors and anti-androgens.

Also, GLA is an Omega 6 fatty acid. I stay away from Omega 6. I've read that Omega 3 is much better.

For that reason I'm planning on starting on Omega 3 again, since it has DHA and EPA which is said to be important for hair. Omega 3 reduces inflammation so will help with inflammation of the scalp/HF's, also good for the heart.

I also recently tested Positive for Covid and I felt some weird feeling in my chest/heart, occasionally, was very mild. For that reason I didn't know whether it was a symptom from Covid or the Korean Red Ginseng Extract (KRGE) capsules I was taking.

The KRGE works similar to OM in theory, in that it also increases Nitric Oxide and reduces Blood Pressure. So it's a possibility it could have also been caused by the KRGE.

Also, I should have started off slowly with around 800mg or lower per day of KRGE, I instead started with 3200mg daily because I wanted to match the dosage of the study.

Also, I've gotten pretty unfit having not done exercise or hit the gym in like 3 years so my cardiovascular health was not in the best condition to have tried treatments that work on that MOA.

Gonna give myself at least 3 weeks to heal (even though Im better now, Covid has gone away) before working out again. Gotta take it slowly post Covid because it can cause strain to the lungs and heart even if you're young.
any update on the effect of Korean Red Ginseng Extract (KRGE) capsules?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've just recently started following that thread, although that dose by the OP sounds super high. 10 x 1000mg pills sounds risky, no wonder some of the guys on high doses are reporting some mild problems like irregular bowels and some people mentioned shedding.

I know MSM is important because I also see it on the ingredients list of a few hair growth supplements.

I've only recently just started taking a supplement which contains 20mg of MSM, amongst many other important stuff, but I'm sure that's a too low dose and I'm willing to up the dose.

Have you tried MSM? Curious to find a reasonable but safe dose.
u hve to take at least 4-5 grams...