My Observation Of Effects Of Gla On A 70 Year Old

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds decent. Once I'm done with my 20mg MSM, I'll move up to 1g, then the next month, 2 grams, then the following month cap at 3grams max.
U can straightway start at 4 to 5 grams. There are no side effects from msm to what msm to do does is keep yr hair longer in the anagen of phase

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds decent. Once I'm done with my 20mg MSM, I'll move up to 1g, then the next month, 2 grams, then the following month cap at 3grams max.
I think that’s a good idea. Have you considered tocotrienols? I’ve been using it for 3 months and my hair isn’t shedding.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that’s a good idea. Have you considered tocotrienols? I’ve been using it for 3 months and my hair isn’t shedding.

I haven't heard much about tocotrienols. Do you have any links to information or studies about them? What do they do and how much do you advise taking? Topically or orally?

I'm not exactly shedding significantly, it's more miniaturization and thinning. Had any results with thinning/miniaturization?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

34.5% increase after 8 months. That was 100mg daily. I’m taking 125mg. It proving to be a very good growth stimulant. To be honest I think the grape seed extract I started taking is helping my shed. I’ve had problems with circulations my whole life. Cold hands and feet for hours after I came in from the icy weather. Rest of my body warms up. Grape seed has helped that. Perhaps I’m getting more circulation to them follicles now :) anyway that’s all I take and I’m currently very happy(touch wood)

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

34.5% increase after 8 months. That was 100mg daily. I’m taking 125mg. It proving to be a very good growth stimulant. To be honest I think the grape seed extract I started taking is helping my shed. I’ve had problems with circulations my whole life. Cold hands and feet for hours after I came in from the icy weather. Rest of my body warms up. Grape seed has helped that. Perhaps I’m getting more circulation to them follicles now :) anyway that’s all I take and I’m currently very happy(touch wood)

Interesting, thanks for sharing mate. Which supplement/s are you taking? Can you post the name or link of the supplement you use?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon @MikeJay @Jeju

What are you guys thoughts on GLA which is found in Evening Primrose Oil as a natural treatment to reduce DHT? Everything I see always says it's a potent 5AR inhibitor. GLA specifically inhibits the 5AR isoenzymes Type 1 and 2, which is the same targets as Dutasteride.

"GAMMA LINOLENIC ACID, ALPHA LINOLENIC ACID AND LINOLEIC ACID
In the following studies, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) and Linoleic Acid were shown to be the most potent known inhibitors of type 1 and 2 forms of 5-alpha reductase, and highly effective in decreasing the levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), when applied topically. More importantly, this is accomplished without causing any systemic effects. "

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208_191544.jpg
    Screenshot_20211208_191544.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 142

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I would like to know as well

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon @MikeJay @Jeju

What are you guys thoughts on GLA which is found in Evening Primrose Oil as a natural treatment to reduce DHT? Everything I see always says it's a potent 5AR inhibitor. GLA specifically inhibits the 5AR isoenzymes Type 1 and 2, which is the same targets as Dutasteride.

"GAMMA LINOLENIC ACID, ALPHA LINOLENIC ACID AND LINOLEIC ACID
In the following studies, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) and Linoleic Acid were shown to be the most potent known inhibitors of type 1 and 2 forms of 5-alpha reductase, and highly effective in decreasing the levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), when applied topically. More importantly, this is accomplished without causing any systemic effects. "
I was taking it.. They do help hair. U will experience a mild finasteride side effect such as loss of libido and mood depressive

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking it.. They do help hair. U will experience a mild finasteride side effect such as loss of libido and mood depressive
I haven’t tried these and I’ll probably pass if you experienced those sides.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used GLA for a while now. I take the pumpkin seed complex they used in those studies. I think it can’t hurt.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've only noticed a slight reduction in Libido, but not as bad as Finasteride, so surely it does inhibit 5AR, no depression or any other symptoms so far.

When you say it helps hair, what did you experience? Any thickening, maintenance or regrowth? Did you experience any thinning or shedding before seeing benefits?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, definitely worth a try but with everything that is anti-androgenic be cautious.

You should search for people who used GLA on here and read their experiences.

Yeah so far it's only mild reduction in libido but that is almost a give and take with 5-ARIS, I'd be more interested in the topical version that they mentioned in the studies I linked which they found not to have any side effects due to it not going systemic.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t tried these and I’ll probably pass if you experienced those sides.
The sides are mild and nothing majorb and it's a good indicator that the regime is working. Try it.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about topical GLA?

The topical version is what I'm interested in. Since there's a much lower probability of getting sides but we know that GLA is a 5-ARI.

Not sure where to get topical GLA though.

Biffy

Reaction score
The topical version is what I'm interested in. Since there's a much lower probability of getting sides but we know that GLA is a 5-ARI.

Not sure where to get topical GLA though.
It is included in Lipogaine lotions.