My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a point after a year (on finasteride) I tried to dye my hair and fried it all to sh&t and the crown went to below baseline. That was last April I think. It sucked. I could feel slick scalp when washing my hair. I pushed through and added more Biotin and derma rolling...

I’m also doing dermastamp but I’m doing a hair Transplant soon
I still got hair but you can see how is thinning out

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well your balding was slow from the start right? Aren’t you in your 50s? Lucky bastard lol

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea bra finasteride is helping but if I give it a boost my hair will look much better plus I’m 30already I thank God I was good in my 20s with full head of hair lol

So I think now is best if I give it a boost
Yeah you’re lucky you didn’t have to deal with this in your 20s...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but I developed a thin spot at 19 and by 22 people were pointing and laughing at it.
Comparable to mine? Lol. With the toppik I haven’t received any comments. I got onto it pretty quickly though before it was that noticeable

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Comparable to mine? Lol. With the toppik I haven’t received any comments. I got onto it pretty quickly though before it was that noticeable
Yep. I didn't start using concealers until a couple a years ago. My boss (who always liked to point out my bald spot in a crowded room) asked if I got a hair transplant...

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. I didn't start using concealers until a couple a years ago. My boss (who always liked to point out my bald spot in a crowded room) asked if I got a hair transplant...

How did he point it out?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so here’s a little update. Alnost 5 months on finasteride. Hair is worse than ever. Today I put some tea tree oil in my hair for the first time (for inflamation) and it made my hair look way worse than water does. This is the worst I’ve ever seen my hair.

I can cover it a lot better when it’s dry and toppik is applied (pics attached). But with this sh*t in my hair, it’s easy to tell the extent of my thinning.

I’m not sure what to do now. I guess I’ll continue with finasteride and maybe add in some minoxidil, but I’m not exactly sure if that’ll help.

Quick reminder, I’ve only noticed my hair loss for the first time in May, with very slight crown thinning and an extremely dense head of hair everywhere else.

Attachments

• 41E80539-4E92-4C63-91BC-3B481357C43E.jpeg
    41E80539-4E92-4C63-91BC-3B481357C43E.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 7F685872-F1F5-490E-9761-DBB4E44AECED.jpeg
    7F685872-F1F5-490E-9761-DBB4E44AECED.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 485
  • 8839D02A-9D1B-4182-8476-E6CA01D9775C.jpeg
    8839D02A-9D1B-4182-8476-E6CA01D9775C.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 486
  • 60CCBA73-D1CF-4EA2-A8A5-900752464E14.jpeg
    60CCBA73-D1CF-4EA2-A8A5-900752464E14.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 528

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I wouldn’t try minoxidil unless your ready for a long term with it if you stop you will see a big amount of shedding
You gotta do it
Either once every day
Or twice a day
I do it once a day I wouldn’t recommend twice is just to much

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I wouldn’t try minoxidil unless your ready for a long term with it if you stop you will see a big amount of shedding
You gotta do it
Either once every day
Or twice a day
I do it once a day I wouldn’t recommend twice is just to much
Yeah but I need regrowth and that seems to be the only way

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again if your ready for a life time then keep using minoxidil but only put it where your thinning don’t put it all over your scalp only in the crown area where your thinning otherwise you might see a lot of unnecessary shedding

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinning everywhere else as well. I planned on just spreading it evenly throughout my scalp.

Attachments

• F05D89B7-AA03-44F4-AE29-336580016486.jpeg
    F05D89B7-AA03-44F4-AE29-336580016486.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 437

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok that’s fine just don’t be shocked if you start shedding because that’s normal and actually a good thing
Because it means that is working well for you

medSTATIC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so here’s a little update. Alnost 5 months on finasteride. Hair is worse than ever. Today I put some tea tree oil in my hair for the first time (for inflamation) and it made my hair look way worse than water does. This is the worst I’ve ever seen my hair.

I can cover it a lot better when it’s dry and toppik is applied (pics attached). But with this sh*t in my hair, it’s easy to tell the extent of my thinning.

I’m not sure what to do now. I guess I’ll continue with finasteride and maybe add in some minoxidil, but I’m not exactly sure if that’ll help.

Quick reminder, I’ve only noticed my hair loss for the first time in May, with very slight crown thinning and an extremely dense head of hair everywhere else.

I must admit I have mixed feelings on this one.
At first I thought like others that you were a bit paranoid about your hair given the fact that some pictures show you with almost 100% coverage.
I also honestly believed your hair looked the same after finasteride in some of your pictures. But now it is quite obvious I was wrong and the wet hair picture clearly shows your bald spot aggravating. Despite you being already on propecia for 5 months...

You know we generally say wait at least 6 months to assert results, best 1 year after. Yet I understand you must be disappointed with this results as many guys show a definite improvement at the 6 months mark, especially diffuse thinner like you.

I would suggest you to continue the medication (you don't really have the choice anyway) and report your results in 1 or 2 months.
For now I would also avoid minoxidil because :
1. it will give you a shed and a your hair will look even worse and I don't think you need that right now
2. it would be good to wait for minoxidil to see the effects of propecia alone, like being sure that you're having 0 result or it is just big shed

It would be great to have the input of more experienced users and their thoughts about the 6 months cap. IMO most diffuse thinners see an improvement at 6 months, which is why I am quite surprised by your results.

Anyway good luck man, there's more in life than hair fortunately!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I must admit I have mixed feelings on this one.
At first I thought like others that you were a bit paranoid about your hair given the fact that some pictures show you with almost 100% coverage.
I also honestly believed your hair looked the same after finasteride in some of your pictures. But now it is quite obvious I was wrong and the wet hair picture clearly shows your bald spot aggravating. Despite you being already on propecia for 5 months...

You know we generally say wait at least 6 months to assert results, best 1 year after. Yet I understand you must be disappointed with this results as many guys show a definite improvement at the 6 months mark, especially diffuse thinner like you.

I would suggest you to continue the medication (you don't really have the choice anyway) and report your results in 1 or 2 months.
For now I would also avoid minoxidil because :
1. it will give you a shed and a your hair will look even worse and I don't think you need that right now
2. it would be good to wait for minoxidil to see the effects of propecia alone, like being sure that you're having 0 result or it is just big shed

It would be great to have the input of more experienced users and their thoughts about the 6 months cap. IMO most diffuse thinners see an improvement at 6 months, which is why I am quite surprised by your results.

Anyway good luck man, there's more in life than hair fortunately!
Thanks for your honesty. To be fair, those last pics I posted was with oil in my hair. It looks far worse with the oil than with just plain water. I wish I had done this earlier to see how much it has advanced.

I’ve gotta admit it feels horrible to be getting hit with the “there’s more to life than hair” spiel when the first time I posted here people were even questioning if I was balding.

I’d like to get some input from other users as well

Last edited:

Texhnolyze

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that you are just experiencing a huge hair shedding, as I doubt that hair can miniaturize so quickly. Most likely this is caused by a hormonal shift due to taking finasteride. If I were you, I wouldn't have dropped the treatment.

medSTATIC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve gotta admit it feels horrible to be getting hit with the “there’s more to life than hair” spiel when the first time I posted here people were even questioning if I was balding.

Yeah I also dislike this expression because it sounds very "cliché". Yet after reading your whole thread and especially your message on July 13 about college orientation, I decided to say it.
It remains true even if it is irratating, I just wanted to help you put things in perspective.
Deep inside you know like me college orientation > hair

Wish you all the best

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that you are just experiencing a huge hair shedding, as I doubt that hair can miniaturize so quickly. Most likely this is caused by a hormonal shift due to taking finasteride. If I were you, I wouldn't have dropped the treatment.
I didn’t drop it. But if this is just a shedding is there any chance of getting back what I’ve lost? Can anyone point me in the right direction of a thread that has had a similar shed?