My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you might get good result according to the studies because you seem to have a lot of body hair ( pic on page2).
No side effect such as gyno/puffy nipples with it ?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, your hair looks great! Nobody can tell if you're balding on your last pictures.
Thanks man, you think this cut suits me better than the last few where I just let it grow out? Lol. I hate the side views but I don’t know what to do about that.
you might get good result according to the studies because you seem to have a lot of body hair ( pic on page2).
No side effect such as gyno/puffy nipples with it ?
I already had gyno (puffy nipples) since puberty but learned to deal with it. They may have gotten slightly worse but not too bad. Regardless, I’m so used to having them that I can cope.

How about the trim?

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, you think this cut suits me better than the last few where I just let it grow out? Lol. I hate the side views but I don’t know what to do about that.

I already had gyno (puffy nipples) since puberty but learned to deal with it. They may have gotten slightly worse but not too bad. Regardless, I’m so used to having them that I can cope.

How about the trim?
I think it suits you better. It gives you a "cleaner" look in my opinion. Your sides look great. It balances with your longer hair on top.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it suits you better. It gives you a "cleaner" look in my opinion. Your sides look great. It balances with your longer hair on top.
Thanks a lot man, I was so worried to get my hair cut. I should’ve done this a while ago.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics after the cut (w/ concealer) look excellent. You're still winning the war.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics after the cut (w/ concealer) look excellent. You're still winning the war.
Thanks man! I was thinking it’s a sh*t cut but if I were to get go real short it’d be so much worse

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone would think you have the slightest of thinning, hope you can keep your hair that way
Good luck!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone would think you have the slightest of thinning, hope you can keep your hair that way
Good luck!
Thanks man, I’m running a massive cover up operation up there on the roof

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how’s your hairline?? I imagine you have very fine hair, but little if any receding at the hairline

If that’s true then I have very similar hair to you. You won’t believe me, but going very short all around actually looks pretty good for people that have fine hair on top but a solid hairline— it completely mitigates the “puffiness” on the sides that make your top look less dense.

You probably won’t believe me (I didn’t when people suggested it to me) but I think you’d look really good with a faded buzz cut look— like a 0-1 on the sides and then a little longer on the top.

Winter is the perfect time to try it too as you can always wear a beanie if you aren’t feeling it and it should grow back to a decent length in a month or two... but yeah just telling you from personal experience, I have fine hair and usually rocked a long hairstyle that I was never at peace with, but when I cut it really short it made a HUGE improvement

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
how’s your hairline?? I imagine you have very fine hair, but little if any receding at the hairline

If that’s true then I have very similar hair to you. You won’t believe me, but going very short all around actually looks pretty good for people that have fine hair on top but a solid hairline— it completely mitigates the “puffiness” on the sides that make your top look less dense.

You probably won’t believe me (I didn’t when people suggested it to me) but I think you’d look really good with a faded buzz cut look— like a 0-1 on the sides and then a little longer on the top.

Winter is the perfect time to try it too as you can always wear a beanie if you aren’t feeling it and it should grow back to a decent length in a month or two... but yeah just telling you from personal experience, I have fine hair and usually rocked a long hairstyle that I was never at peace with, but when I cut it really short it made a HUGE improvement
Hey man, the problem is, my face does not suit very short hair. Also, my crown is so thin that I kind of need some hair back there for the toppik to stick to. I may try to trim the sides a bit more. I imagine there has to be a way to blend it better with some proper layering.

Well now I do have very fine hair, although it wasn’t always like that. I’ve always had extremely dense hair until recently which is why I guess the sides remain so dense while the rest is thinning

Edit: I have a bit of recession, around a Norwood 2

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes bro, hair look thicker, i smell sucess for you!
can you post a pic of hairlibe recession?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and me since i have started fina/duta, i have to start to learn coping with this new issue wich is puffy nipples/gyno... and this is not easy...
for you it took times to get used to it? ( given the fact i never had this during puberty)

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahhhh okay. Well going short on the sides is always a good option as it gives the illusion of density on top which is what it sounds you want. I had my hair long this summer and keeping the sides super short made my hair look THICK actually on top

Also if hair is ONLY thinning at the crown, again it’s not that noticeable for a buzz cut ASSUMING the hairline is okay. The hairline imo is the most important part. Even if you are thinning all on top, you could still apply some toppik and it will look good (just look at DJ Khalid)...

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I also get puffy side hair like there. It's annoying cuz sometimes the top looks a bit flat. My suggestion is to get 2/3 on the sides (short) and keep a couple inches on top, gives the illusion you have thicc hair (hair looks good already, but the illusion will make it pop more)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes bro, hair look thicker, i smell sucess for you!
can you post a pic of hairlibe recession?
Yeah so unfortunately I’ve lost a lot of density since starting finasteride. I hope it stops soon, but my hair is a lot thinner now :(. I’ve attached a photo of my recession. About Norwood 2 right? It looks like there are some chunks being taken out of it too. Gyno is something I just learned to deal with. I have kinda puffy nipples but it’s not too bad. I’ve always been insecure about it but hair loss is way worse in my opinion. No one has ever mentioned my gyno so I guess it’s not too bad.

Ahhhh okay. Well going short on the sides is always a good option as it gives the illusion of density on top which is what it sounds you want. I had my hair long this summer and keeping the sides super short made my hair look THICK actually on top

Also if hair is ONLY thinning at the crown, again it’s not that noticeable for a buzz cut ASSUMING the hairline is okay. The hairline imo is the most important part. Even if you are thinning all on top, you could still apply some toppik and it will look good (just look at DJ Khalid)...
Nah man I’m thinning everywhere tbh, hence the puffy sides. I like to keep it longer because I like my fringe and it covers the recession. But I may chop the sides down a bit more.
I also get puffy side hair like there. It's annoying cuz sometimes the top looks a bit flat. My suggestion is to get 2/3 on the sides (short) and keep a couple inches on top, gives the illusion you have thicc hair (hair looks good already, but the illusion will make it pop more)
Yeah man I’m thinking about taking the sides shorter because I know that’s a good trick barbers use. How noticeable is it now in your opinion? Do you think normies know something’s up? I have some BDD and I still feel like this isn’t an acceptable hair cut to a degree.

Attachments

• 6AC0EDD3-1A2A-49DE-AFB8-4DACBD7FFCDA.jpeg
    6AC0EDD3-1A2A-49DE-AFB8-4DACBD7FFCDA.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 540

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frankly calling people "dudes" is offensive fella
Secondly he can post where he likes
Bruh, I call everyone dude. I think you’re overly bugging on my behalf. I’m drunk but stand by that

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn, the hair looks good in the last photo. Your hairline looks good. I knew a few people in HS that had the same NW2-ish headline. sh*t I know some women that have it worse! You might not be thrilled by not being a NW1, but women don't overly care about perfect hairlines.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey mate I had a quick look through your thread. I have to say this is a very good starting point on medication and I doubt you'll experience true visible balding, finasteride will stabilise you for sure. If you lose a little bit in the future you can have a transplant easily. Your crown definitely has some loss which is more apparent when it's wet but again it looks quite full when dry. My starting point was better on the crown but I can say treatment will hold your hair and may be regrow some. I have no idea how your hairline looks or if you need to do a transplant here but you're in a good position - good hair overall for 20s and beyond.