My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bro your not alone I did the same mistake I started with minoxidil and it worked but then started finasteride
Just to find out that now I gotta stay with both lol
But hey bro it is what it is.

Im still hoping finasteride will work and the bad shed im experiencing will lessen, i can't use minoxidil, my face turns into a balloon. Like i said i stopped minoxidil in april, im going to keep just taking finasteride until january/februrary and see what happens.

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still hoping finasteride will work and the bad shed im experiencing will lessen, i can't use minoxidil, my face turns into a balloon. Like i said i stopped minoxidil in april, im going to keep just taking finasteride until january/februrary and see what happens.

Hey bro is better then nothing lol good luck men.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
We’re all gonna make it. When/if it gets too bad just know we can always shave it, signifying wisdom and confidence.

Attachments

• 97161744-6883-4C4F-8A6D-A2A50F9A5820.jpeg
    97161744-6883-4C4F-8A6D-A2A50F9A5820.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 563

SparzhaHLT

Reaction score
TS, I had the same problems with shedding on finasteride as you. you might want to lower your dosage of finasteride or switch to dutasteride.

The best results I had with antiandrogens were 2 weeks heavy shedding on finasteride, exit for a 1,5 month, switch to dutas, 2,5 months later all hair grown back and got some extra as well

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
TS, I had the same problems with shedding on finasteride as you. you might want to lower your dosage of finasteride or switch to dutasteride.

The best results I had with antiandrogens were 2 weeks heavy shedding on finasteride, exit for a 1,5 month, switch to dutas, 2,5 months later all hair grown back and got some extra as well
You believe I should possibly lower my dosage? I’ve lost a lot of ground as shown in the photos...

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the exact same crown, but now it's much more filled thanks to duta.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the exact same crown, but now it's much more filled thanks to duta.
Woah bro, I was just reading your original post about dutasteride where you said you’re a nw2 without crown thinning in December, then got this notification.

We’re you diffusing like me too?

I’ve lost all of my density within only a few months, so if I make the right choices, maybe I can get some back. Or I’m just aggressively fucked

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah bro, I was just reading your original post about dutasteride where you said you’re a nw2 without crown thinning in December, then got this notification.

We’re you diffusing like me too?
My crown was mildly diffusing, but I never noticed back then. Now it's more filled and almost unnoticeable.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
My crown was mildly diffusing, but I never noticed back then. Now it's more filled and almost unnoticeable.
Then how can you even say your crown looked like mine lol check out some of those photos. That’s not really mild, and after starting finasteride, my whole scalp is diffusing

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then how can you even say your crown looked like mine lol check out some of those photos. That’s not really mild, and after starting finasteride, my whole scalp is diffusing
I don't really know. Lightning can cause an illusion, but after checking your pics again, you're right. In some pictures your crown looks mildly diffused, though.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really know. Lightning can cause an illusion, but after checking your pics again, you're right. In some pictures your crown looks mildly diffused, though.
You actually got some regrowth with dutasteride though? Maybe I should switch over

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, around my hairline there are growing peach-fuzzy hairs that are slowly turning terminal.

Dutasteride is a big step, but if you know what you're doing, then I wish you great luck. Perhaps you will get results like this lucky motherf*cker.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...years-full-temple-regrowth-dutasteride.48633/
Lol who knows, but I don’t even care about my temples at this point. If I can just get back some of my density I’d be happy, even if I returned to baseline. Then I’d be able to at least cover this sh*t with toppik.

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol who knows, but I don’t even care about my temples at this point. If I can just get back some of my density I’d be happy, even if I returned to baseline. Then I’d be able to at least cover this sh*t with toppik.
Same.

I'm still a Norwood 2, but I care more for density. That way I can hide this disease.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, messed my hair up today to simulate what wind might do to my hair and got this result.

I wasn’t diffuse thinning before finasteride so idk what the f*** happened. It’s only been two and a half months.

The other pics are what my hair looks like with toppik, comb over coverup game.

Should I add minoxidil or will the shed kill me? Or is it just too late lol

Attachments

• 486EF691-0E95-4D45-A24C-2CDDE1C935BD.jpeg
    486EF691-0E95-4D45-A24C-2CDDE1C935BD.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 668
  • B400CFDB-AEF4-4B79-80F1-A41AFA9956DD.jpeg
    B400CFDB-AEF4-4B79-80F1-A41AFA9956DD.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 679
  • 96FA4705-8983-491B-8E83-E608FBFB675C.jpeg
    96FA4705-8983-491B-8E83-E608FBFB675C.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 659
  • DE30B67C-3D03-4676-B853-15D57D5FD413.jpeg
    DE30B67C-3D03-4676-B853-15D57D5FD413.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 692

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, messed my hair up today to simulate what wind might do to my hair and got this result.

I wasn’t diffuse thinning before finasteride so idk what the f*** happened. It’s only been two and a half months.

The other pics are what my hair looks like with toppik, comb over coverup game.

Should I add minoxidil or will the shed kill me? Or is it just too late lol
You are mentally ill, get off of the forums, keep taking daily finasteride (and eventually maybe lower the dose to 0.5 mg daily after 6 months), and go back to university.

Your hair is clearly getting better than baseline. Go look at your first crown pic in this thread and compare it to the ones you just posted.

No one cares about your hair except you. It takes 6 months minimum normally to see results and up to a year, but you're already getting solid results.

I haven't been on the forums in months and was triggered enough to login to tell you this.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting month 4. Here are some pics after sleeping. Obviously still losing ground.

Any suggestions? This is about the time that people should start seeing signs of improvement and I just want to get back to baseline lol

Attachments

• C9BBD16F-E0A7-44E3-95CE-2CD14578F43B.jpeg
    C9BBD16F-E0A7-44E3-95CE-2CD14578F43B.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 628
  • 3972CD4B-4E39-43CC-B8EC-45928200B2B0.jpeg
    3972CD4B-4E39-43CC-B8EC-45928200B2B0.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 547
  • BE17E28D-73B4-41BE-A89D-310AFDD2372F.jpeg
    BE17E28D-73B4-41BE-A89D-310AFDD2372F.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 588

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ROFL knew the kid was a Norwood 0. Didn’t know he had pics uploaded. This is the same kid that wanted to wear a hair piece and was triggered by my “wishy washy” replies.

Ok enough hairlosstalk for the week, I’m out. I’m convinced hair loss now is a mental issue and not a genetic predisposition. I am actually convinced that the root of the problem is the brain and not follicles. This is unreal...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
ROFL knew the kid was a Norwood 0. Didn’t know he had pics uploaded. This is the same kid that wanted to wear a hair piece and was triggered by my “wishy washy” replies.

Ok enough hairlosstalk for the week, I’m out. I’m convinced hair loss now is a mental issue and not a genetic predisposition. I am actually convinced that the root of the problem is the brain and not follicles. This is unreal...
Lol you still mad? Wasn’t that a few days ago?

If I keep losing hair this fast I’ll def throw a crown piece on so I can look like a normal 22 year old. Didn’t you go down that route too?

I’m sorry you lost your hair so young and still come here. I’ve heard that the process of balding is worse than actually being bald, maybe that’s not the case for everyone. But for me, I really hope that when it’s all said and done and I’m either wearing a piece or living clean shaven, I won’t be coming back here anymore. Wouldn’t that be the life Heinrich?