My Experience Dr Emrah Cinik, 2700 Grafts Fue.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

As some of you know I went and had a transplant with Dr Cinik in Istanbul, Turkey on 28/3/17 so I thought I'd share how it went.

First of all I'm pretty sure I broke the record of number of flights taken to receive a transplant in another country, with an astounding three there and three back. Feels good to live in the middle of nowhere.

But once I finally got to Istanbul I went to the hotel transfers office, the dudes like "you already have hair why you here" , I'm a good Norwood concealer obv. Then someone came and drove me to the hotel, bit of culture shock, this city is busiest place I've ever seen.

Next morning, was picked up 7AM from the hotel, along with an Englishman & a Spaniard. We were greeted by a nice hostess, and taken down to have our bloods done then consultation with Dr Cinik. He drew my hairline, I asked to add some temple points, it looked good. Then he wanted to add 100 or so grafts to the top of my head and I was a bit sad because I thought my Crown was loyal.

After this, went upstairs where a technician & nurse shaved my head, when I looked in the mirror it was a hard pill to swallow. They then injected anaesthetic to my head, only really hurt when they did it on the top of my neck. Then they started extracting from my Donor, took them about 2-3 hours then we had a break.

Dr Cinik then came in & started opening my canals / channels, this took about 1-2 hours, a technician was also present, after the original technician & nurse came and inserted the grafts, Dr Cinik would check up on them every so often. This took about 2-3 hours, and it was all over. I nearly passed out when I sat up, they gave me some juice really quick and I managed to stay conscious. Had a small chat to the head technician who worked on me, she has been at the clinic 4 years, so obviously not an amateur.

Went back to the hotel after that, painful for the next 4-5 hours, then it wore off and I was able to sleep on & off. Only slept upright or with ringer pillow under my neck lying on my back.

Went back the next day, the assistants gave me some information & Dr Cinik evaluated my result and thinks it will turn out well.

I enjoyed my time there & am hoping for a solid result for a great price. Now pics.

One of my sides is receded more than the other hence the unsymmetrical laying of grafts

Attachments

• cinik1.png
    cinik1.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 7,176
  • cinik2.png
    cinik2.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 7,562
  • cinik3.png
    cinik3.png
    280.1 KB · Views: 7,838
Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was just before my last flight back, face was so swollen, I looked hideous, like an Orc from LOTR.

View attachment 51378

What are you going to do in the case of future loss? Didn't you have propecia sides? Definitely liking the hairline. Kind of looking forward to walking through the airport with the freak face and fuked up head.

Also do you know how many grafts went in the temple points exactly? I think mine need a bit of work but am not entirely sure. I find most temple points work isn't subtle enough.

I have the weekend free and I've organized a few chicks on Okcupid who are down to hang, but I'm kind of scared to go outside the clinic or use a taxi considering the political unrest. Also everyone seems to complain of the traffic and busyness of the city and none are near Atasehir.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you going to do in the case of future loss? Didn't you have propecia sides? Definitely liking the hairline. Kind of looking forward to walking through the airport with the freak face and fuked up head.

Also do you know how many grafts went in the temple points exactly? I think mine need a bit of work but am not entirely sure. I find most temple points work isn't subtle enough.

I have the weekend free and I've organized a few chicks on Okcupid who are down to hang, but I'm kind of scared to go outside the clinic or use a taxi considering the political unrest. Also everyone seems to complain of the traffic and busyness of the city and none are near Atasehir.

Yeah, I'm hoping this transplant buys me a few years for new treatments or more likely a second transplant I guess. Yeah its fun on the air port if you want to scare some kids.

I'm not sure how many grafts in my temple points guessing around 200-250 each? I didn't have much time to go outside before surgery but everything seems over exaggerated, the city is really busy but no one gives a toss if you're a westerner, you'll be fine to go explore

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking great! You have quite an untypical hairline (evenly receded from both the temples and the forelock).

Maybe could've benefited from a little bit widow's peak. But that looks golden nonetheless. Considering your coarse hair texture you'd be a full head in 10 months.

Why did you pick a fue for your first transplant since finasteride didn't work out and you're already somehow expecting upcoming transplant in the future? Curious of your reasoning. Is it that you want to keep the option of shaving?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking great! You have quite an untypical hairline (evenly receded from both the temples and the forelock).

Maybe could've benefited from a little bit widow's peak. But that looks golden nonetheless. Considering your coarse hair texture you'd be a full head in 10 months.

Why did you pick a fue for your first transplant since finasteride didn't work out and you're already somehow expecting upcoming transplant in the future? Curious of your reasoning. Is it that you want to keep the option of shaving?

Hey thanks. Ohh that word "full head" makes me tingle. Hopefully you're right.

To be honest my main objective with this transplant was to have a good head of hair through to the end of my 20s (prime of your life). I'll be 26 soon so this should last me until 30 hopefully, FUT guys in America charge a tonne also, I wanted to stick to Europe.

Reactions: WMQ

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 week post OP. Love the feeling on my hairline of the follicles binding to my scalp. Lighting could be better in the pics sorry

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-5_23-11-1.png
    upload_2017-4-5_23-11-1.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 4,717
  • upload_2017-4-5_23-11-20.png
    upload_2017-4-5_23-11-20.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 4,766
  • upload_2017-4-5_23-11-37.png
    upload_2017-4-5_23-11-37.png
    447.6 KB · Views: 4,401
  • upload_2017-4-5_23-11-52.png
    upload_2017-4-5_23-11-52.png
    363 KB · Views: 4,514

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did Cinik say anything about temple points? They are tricky to do if you want them to look natural it seems.

Amis Sima

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great! Hope it will grow nice! I'm planning to visit Dr Cinik in June, but my problem is much much bigger. Thank you for all the information on your experience there. So, no food on the breaks ? My op will be at least 8h I guess. Can I have head phones and listen to an audiobook or I need to small talk with the technician ? Does the tech speak English ? What about post op hats? Are hats nice idea at all ? I don't want to scare everyone :p Yea I know .. like billion of questions. Sorry :) Thanks again for sharing!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great! Hope it will grow nice! I'm planning to visit Dr Cinik in June, but my problem is much much bigger. Thank you for all the information on your experience there. So, no food on the breaks ? My op will be at least 8h I guess. Can I have head phones and listen to an audiobook or I need to small talk with the technician ? Does the tech speak English ? What about post op hats? Are hats nice idea at all ? I don't want to scare everyone :p Yea I know .. like billion of questions. Sorry :) Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks hopefully it ends up looking alright. You can have food on break, they have some snacks in the lunch room but I didn't have an appetite. I would advise against head phones as the techs / doctor will tell you to move your head around. Technicians don't speak a lot of English they won't be small talking to you, they give you a big fishing hat you can wear post op, but I didn't wear one or care that I looked like Frankenstein.

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you OP ? im thinking about hair transplant but i think im still to young

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could we see pics of your donor area?