My 5300 Fue (turkey) - 7 Months Since Op!!

pete_love

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm really happy with the result. I'm 28 now and haven't had this kind of hair since I was in my late teens. And to think that back then, I was a f*****g idiot and had no idea how to properly style my hair and so totally wasted it when I had enough the first time round.

How annoying is that btw - when you see a guy with fantastic density, great looking hair, and he totally ruins it either by having a ridiculous style, or takes it for granted and just leaves it looking a mess. Bastards.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow just turned 27 and diffusing badly and that has really given me hope!!

Out of curiosity have you ever had you hair buzzed very short back and sides?

pete_love

Reaction score
wow just turned 27 and diffusing badly and that has really given me hope!!

Out of curiosity have you ever had you hair buzzed very short back and sides?

I was 27 when I got mine done and I think it's probably the best time to do it. And yes mate, I always have my back and sides buzzed to a 0.5 every two weeks. It was really important pre-op because I used Toppik on top and it became noticeable if my sides grew in too long.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was 27 when I got mine done and I think it's probably the best time to do it. And yes mate, I always have my back and sides buzzed to a 0.5 every two weeks. It was really important pre-op because I used Toppik on top and it became noticeable if my sides grew in too long.

Thats mad that they took 5300 grafts and you could still cut it short, what are all these threads about circle scars and you cant have your short etc..? Assuming thats down to surgeon skill, Do you know which surgeon did the job? Might look into them as well,

Im the same here keep it short, I cant even do that no more cause my hair has dipped slightly at the back of the crown. so fibres or no fibres I have a bald patch at the back of my head, then a immediate line of nanogen fibres ! lol Looks pretty stupid tbh! sure everyone can see it but no ones commented

pete_love

Reaction score
Thats mad that they took 5300 grafts and you could still cut it short, what are all these threads about circle scars and you cant have your short etc..? Assuming thats down to surgeon skill, Do you know which surgeon did the job? Might look into them as well,

Im the same here keep it short, I cant even do that no more cause my hair has dipped slightly at the back of the crown. so fibres or no fibres I have a bald patch at the back of my head, then a immediate line of nanogen fibres ! lol Looks pretty stupid tbh! sure everyone can see it but no ones commented

You'll get different levels of obsessiveness on here. I just wanted hair again and am happy with my result - others would spend a lot of time fussing about density or donor area. I don't believe there is a restriction on cutting the back and sides short irrespective of it being post-FUE. Sure in certain light you can see a SLIGHT difference, but I actually believe the shorter your hair the harder it is to notice, unless you want to go to the other end of the scale and really grow it out - but that type of style is not for me. Everyone knows about my hair transplant, unlike the Toppik which I kept relatively quiet about. So there's no reason for people to not mention it or lie - I've asked if my donor area is noticeable and everyone says its not. In fact, I went to a new barber the other week there and asked for my usual 0.5 back and sides. He had no idea I had had a hair transplant and when I started to talk to him about it he didn't believe me at first. So that speaks for itself.

I went with Clinicana, Istanbul. Can't remember the surgeons name mate, I am literally that useless. But they have amazing reviews on whatclinic, and for good reason.

I know exactly how you're feeling with the nanogen - that constant every day regimen of putting it on, worrying about it coming off, not looking right, people noticing - little things like being unable to wear a f***king hat or get wet or sweat too much. I am so glad I am free of all that bullshit. Toppik (personally thought nanogen was crap) was a lifesaver for me but honestly there is no comparison. That 2 grand I spent on this was the best money I have ever spent!!!!! I really hope you take the leap and go for it mate.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'll get different levels of obsessiveness on here. I just wanted hair again and am happy with my result - others would spend a lot of time fussing about density or donor area. I don't believe there is a restriction on cutting the back and sides short irrespective of it being post-FUE. Sure in certain light you can see a SLIGHT difference, but I actually believe the shorter your hair the harder it is to notice, unless you want to go to the other end of the scale and really grow it out - but that type of style is not for me. Everyone knows about my hair transplant, unlike the Toppik which I kept relatively quiet about. So there's no reason for people to not mention it or lie - I've asked if my donor area is noticeable and everyone says its not. In fact, I went to a new barber the other week there and asked for my usual 0.5 back and sides. He had no idea I had had a hair transplant and when I started to talk to him about it he didn't believe me at first. So that speaks for itself.

I went with Clinicana, Istanbul. Can't remember the surgeons name mate, I am literally that useless. But they have amazing reviews on whatclinic, and for good reason.

I know exactly how you're feeling with the nanogen - that constant every day regimen of putting it on, worrying about it coming off, not looking right, people noticing - little things like being unable to wear a f***king hat or get wet or sweat too much. I am so glad I am free of all that bullshit. Toppik (personally thought nanogen was crap) was a lifesaver for me but honestly there is no comparison. That 2 grand I spent on this was the best money I have ever spent!!!!! I really hope you take the leap and go for it mate.

Yeah same here, even if I had the same density as 4/5 years ago Id be more than happy! Even if I had to use a bit of nanogen I woudnt mind!

But yeah at the moment nanogen is just an annoyance, I could have held out longer if my crown hadn't of dipped!

As long as I dont have crop circles on the back of my head tbh I just got for a 0 cut anyway back and sides.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
after looking through their before and after pictures hasnt given me an awful lot of confidence tbh..

they look very messy/ wiry results

and most pics have flash on the before then dark after....

and some after pictures just have the hairline not even the whole head.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@sunchyme1 if this result does not convince you to pull the trigger, I don't know what else will. And he does not take finasteride.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@sunchyme1 if this result does not convince you to pull the trigger, I don't know what else will. And he does not take finasteride.

i have a clear nw7 pattern with major retrograde happening lol.

getting a transplant without stabilization is the stupidest thing i could

looks like your right about follica. sounds like c**** wont be out for a while

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
i have a clear nw7 pattern with major retrograde happening lol.

getting a transplant without stabilization is the stupidest thing i could

looks like your right about follica. sounds like c**** wont be out for a while
How long are you talking about? I told you the look on his face when I asked how soon it would be released to the public was not the look of something happening for at least a few years or more.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long are you talking about? I told you the look on his face when I asked how soon it would be released to the public was not the look of something happening for at least a few years or more.

the posters here think it wont be out till 2019 at the earliest with their recent delay

but who f*****g knows. could be any f*****g time

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
the posters here think it wont be out till 2019 at the earliest with their recent delay

but who f*****g knows. could be any f*****g time
I will agree with them. That sounds about right.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
he has retro + nw6-7

donor area is infected
He still should get at least one doctor to look at his case. I don't think he has consulted with any doctor yet. @sunchyme1 have you seen a hair transplant doctor for a consult yet just to get an opinion?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
He still should get at least one doctor to look at his case. I don't think he has consulted with any doctor yet. @sunchyme1 have you seen a hair transplant doctor for a consult yet just to get an opinion?

i dont need to mate. clear 7 retro. its a joke. if i was thick nw6 pattern i would do it. especially with my hair loss progressing at its relatively slow pace. but my sides will lower eventually and my crown will open up too much and ill be forced to buzz it and expose thick transplanted roots across my scalp. that doesnt appeal to me.

id rather just accept the buzz cut look. i have a nice head shape. to me its a smarter look than this guy with his low density nw1.

f*** it.