MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm almost sure that people who go bald aggressively and early have internal problems that they don't even know about or know but do not associate it.

Hair is mainly affected by problems with blood vessels, lymph nodes, arteries, nerves and oxygen. For example, osteochondrosis (clamped artery), cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases (blockage), respiratory organ (impaired oxygen supply or vice versa), central nervous system, hormones etc. All the supplements you listed improve heart function, and studies that have been done on bald people have shown that bald people have a higher risk of cardiovascular. Also, those who work out in gyms often come with full hair and leave bald. Of course, we can say - "testosterone> dgt> loss", but we must not exclude the load on the heart. If we look at Arnold, we can see that heart surgery has practically become his hobby.

No one excludes the factor of genetics, but strange that women are becoming bald more and more often, as well as men who do not have bald ancestors in their family.
Yep, I have high cholesterol and have had bad circulation my entire life. Cold hands and feet.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
However, it’s Ubiquinol so you can give it a try if you like. Can’t hurt. Add shilajit for better results.
This actually does not act on dht right? Or will it cause the initial shedding like fina or so?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve had scalp psoriasis with thick plaques my whole life.Even strong steroids didnt work.But for the last few weeks my scalp is mostly clean .Is the msm responsible?I don't know but if it isn't that must be some wild coincidence.That by itself is a huge bonus for me.Besides that, mostly thin lifeless hairs all over my scalp.
It's not a coincidence. I had this dandruff problem since young till plague buildup which can be seen in my fingernails when scratch my scalp after sweating . After taking msm it reduced the problem drastically to the point where there is no scalp buildup of dandruff flake

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a coincidence. I had this dandruff problem since young till plague buildup which can be seen in my fingernails when scratch my scalp after sweating . After taking msm it reduced the problem drastically to the point where there is no scalp buildup of dandruff flake
Hmm I should definitely try MSM. I’ll mix it with Amla powder as it’s loaded with vitamin c

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful about any claims related to hair loss and male pattern baldness on raypeatforum.

They think androgens are good for head hair growth and estrogens are bad..

Also the before/after photos the guy provided dont mean anything (2 photos with wet hair and 1 photo with dry hair)

They are very good for overall health things but regarding hair loss and male pattern baldness they dont know sh*t

Last edited:

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So been taking msm for 5 months now since around the time this thread was started. Initial signs were brilliant, seems to have leveled out a bit now although shedding is still low. I did drop intake from 8g per day to 2g as was experiencing some sleep issues. However I only used it topically for a month or two. Skin and flexibility/joints etc are all without doubt better overall than before I started.

So wondering if anyone following this thread has been using MSM topically for a prolonged period, either directly spraying it or adding to shampoo etc? Not even sure why I stopped using it topically.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So been taking msm for 5 months now since around the time this thread was started. Initial signs were brilliant, seems to have leveled out a bit now although shedding is still low. I did drop intake from 8g per day to 2g as was experiencing some sleep issues. However I only used it topically for a month or two. Skin and flexibility/joints etc are all without doubt better overall than before I started.

So wondering if anyone following this thread has been using MSM topically for a prolonged period, either directly spraying it or adding to shampoo etc? Not even sure why I stopped using it topically.
I am having sleep issues too with MSM (between 3,5g and 7g per day). Vivid dreams and sometimes insomnia when i take it before bed. Cant say i am noticing any effects, good or bad, regarding hair. But it's been only 1 month.

At the begining i was taking it topicalky but it recrystalises when applied on skin when the water evaporates. So i dont think it can penetrate properly. But maybe i was using too high concentration (100lg/ml)

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am having sleep issues too with MSM (between 3,5g and 7g per day). Vivid dreams and sometimes insomnia when i take it before bed. Cant say i am noticing any effects, good or bad, regarding hair. But it's been only 1 month.

At the begining i was taking it topicalky but it recrystalises when applied on skin when the water evaporates. So i dont think it can penetrate properly. But maybe i was using too high concentration (100lg/ml)
When I started on about 6g a day it increased my energy during the day but took me longer to sleep and when I woke early in morning I was wide awake even if I woke to early so affected my sleep a bit long term so dropped to 2g before midday which seems to work for me.

I initially added MSM to my magnesium sulphate/chloride topical mix (which is great for volume and texture btw) and to bathwater but not sure how much MSM I put in exactly.

Planning to add small amounts to bathwater again and a small amount to a spray bottle to occasionally mist. I'm sure I read that it can penetrate and also that the insomnia effect isn't an issue topically so will see how it goes and report back.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WAY too early to say, I've only been using it for under a month, usually most oral treatment for hair takes at least a few months to show substantial improvement since hair grows in cycles and also because I never had significant shedding to begin with, it was more miniaturisation and thinning that I had.

Will wait atleast 6 months before I can make a decision. I have just reduced my dosage to 1 capsule just today which is around 800mg though, would be best to start on 1 capsule of 800mg to ease your body onto it anyway.

But I can say that I noticed my hair follicles feel less sensitive to DHT sensitive triggers. So it must be working in some way.
I beleive I have the same problem miniaturization and thinning with every cycle but very slow process over last 15 years .

zootopia76

Reaction score
Hi, it is necesary to take a break when taking MSM?.I have been taking it for four mounths.

Last edited: