MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Korean Red Ginseng:

"Red Ginseng Extract (RGE) and ginsenosides protect hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation against dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-induced suppression and affects the expression of androgen receptor."

------

"The root of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer has been shown to induce nitric oxide (NO) release resulting in a hypotensive effect".

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Korean Red Ginseng:

"Average hair density and thickness was superior in the steroid plus KRG group," she said.

According to Dr Fox, ginseng has been shown to have various functions within the dermal papilla.

The dermal papilla cells play a key role in forming and regenerating the hair follicle.

As Dr Fox explained, Ginseng helps to prevent the apoptosis (death and destruction) of dermal papilla cells.
It also has anti-testosterone effects.

Testosterone can cause hair follicles shrink, thereby encouraging hair loss. "

—----------------------------------------------------------------

Study of the Efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia

"The experimental group took Korean red ginseng extract (3,000 mg/day) for 24 weeks while the control group took a placebo. The changes of hair counts, thickness, and density were evaluated with Folliscope. Patient satisfaction was evaluated through a questionnaire, and clinical photographs were rated by dermatologists. The result of the study showed that Korean red ginseng effectively increased hair density and thickness"

"The red ginseng has been reported to promote hair growth in animal models by preventing apoptosis of hair follicle cells and inhibiting 5-α reductase [10,11]. It also increases the hair follicle density and size in the patients with androgenetic alopecia [12]"

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you noticing an imrovement in fie lines or wrinkles? thanks

I used to constantly use olive oil on my face and scalp before shaving and washing my hair, think this helped my skin a lot. However I'm now pretty much doing the opposite, after I realised that the oil may have been making my hairloss worse over time. So for the last year or so I don't touch anything oil related not even moisturisers etc and to be honest i've missed using olive oil on face as felt it gave me better appearance. But since being on MSM I feel things have gotten better again. Can't say for definite less fines lines luckily I don't have to many of them but maybe, but defnitely a better skin tone and just feel like I look a bit fresher and more vibrant.

Last edited:

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to constantly use olive oil on my face and scalp before shaving and washing my hair, think this helped my skin a lot. However I'm now pretty much doing the opposite, after I realised that the oil may have been making my hairloss worse over time. So for the last year or so I don't touch anything oil related not even moisturisers etc and to be honest i've missed using olive oil on face as felt it gave me better appearance. But since being on MSM I feel things have gotten better again. Can't say for definite less fines lines luckily I don't have to many of them but maybe, but defnitely a better skin tone and just feel like I look a bit fresher and more vibrant.
In India coconut oil is known to grow hair

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Korean Red Ginseng:

"Average hair density and thickness was superior in the steroid plus KRG group," she said.

According to Dr Fox, ginseng has been shown to have various functions within the dermal papilla.

The dermal papilla cells play a key role in forming and regenerating the hair follicle.

As Dr Fox explained, Ginseng helps to prevent the apoptosis (death and destruction) of dermal papilla cells.
It also has anti-testosterone effects.

Testosterone can cause hair follicles shrink, thereby encouraging hair loss. "

—----------------------------------------------------------------

Study of the Efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia

"The experimental group took Korean red ginseng extract (3,000 mg/day) for 24 weeks while the control group took a placebo. The changes of hair counts, thickness, and density were evaluated with Folliscope. Patient satisfaction was evaluated through a questionnaire, and clinical photographs were rated by dermatologists. The result of the study showed that Korean red ginseng effectively increased hair density and thickness"

"The red ginseng has been reported to promote hair growth in animal models by preventing apoptosis of hair follicle cells and inhibiting 5-α reductase [10,11]. It also increases the hair follicle density and size in the patients with androgenetic alopecia [12]"
Korean red ginseng are there any supplements available

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In India coconut oil is known to grow hair
I do think many oils have benefits due to nourishing qualities. Iv tried olive, castor, coconut and plenty essential oils rosemary peppermint etc. But it's catch 22, the benefits Vs the potential issues with further clogging up hair follicles which are already buried amongst sebum build up. So going for keeping my scalp as dry as possible to see how that works out. Overall condition of scalp and hair texture is far better now so far. The only think getting on there is magnesium oil (which isn't greasy or oily) dead sea salts and very occasionally a light shampoo.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think many oils have benefits due to nourishing qualities. Iv tried olive, castor, coconut and plenty essential oils rosemary peppermint etc. But it's catch 22, the benefits Vs the potential issues with further clogging up hair follicles which are already buried amongst sebum build up. So going for keeping my scalp as dry as possible to see how that works out. Overall condition of scalp and hair texture is far better now so far. The only think getting on there is magnesium oil (which isn't greasy or oily) dead sea salts and very occasionally a light shampoo.

Ive read that Magnesium is good for preventing and treating Calcification so I know why topical Magnesium would definitely be beneficial.

Also, taking a Vitamin K2 supplement is super important for fixing calcification.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive read that Magnesium is good for preventing and treating Calcification so I know why topical Magnesium would definitely be beneficial.

Also, taking a Vitamin K2 supplement is super important for fixing calcification.

This is a good thread about MSM where people are seeing some initial results with high doses (10 grams+), let keep in on track about MSM please.

Last edited:

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes defnitely, heard about k2 but not read enough into it yet.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
Still at 40 mg. Stillo improving slowly. im basically at NW1 now on my right side. Hasn't been like that for years. Ive been able to go out without a hat without any (or I guess) as much fear as I would before. Thankful for this supplement
Wow congrats. Have you been taking any pictures? Also how thick/long are your new hairs? My velluses are taking forever to develop. I'm starting to think it just might require more than 10 grams in the long run after all.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow congrats. Have you been taking any pictures? Also how thick/long are your new hairs? My velluses are taking forever to develop. I'm starting to think it just might require more than 10 grams in the long run after all.
I haven’t been— though I can start now. I think this is one of the rare cases where more does equal better

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is t working for u ? Any real effects ?

WAY too early to say, I've only been using it for under a month, usually most oral treatment for hair takes at least a few months to show substantial improvement since hair grows in cycles and also because I never had significant shedding to begin with, it was more miniaturisation and thinning that I had.

Will wait atleast 6 months before I can make a decision. I have just reduced my dosage to 1 capsule just today which is around 800mg though, would be best to start on 1 capsule of 800mg to ease your body onto it anyway.

But I can say that I noticed my hair follicles feel less sensitive to DHT sensitive triggers. So it must be working in some way.

Last edited:

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
Still at 40 mg. Stillo improving slowly. im basically at NW1 now on my right side. Hasn't been like that for years. Ive been able to go out without a hat without any (or I guess) as much fear as I would before. Thankful for this supplement
how are you on 40 mg a day? do you mean 40 g? are you seriously taking 40 pills a day?

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing of this as a viable treatment so I have some questions for those who have gone down this path:

What is the optimal dosing for achieving results? Any negative health consequences in the long run from supplementing this daily and on higher doses? Am I to understand that this will only help those who suffer from non-androgenetic alopecia as it doesn't really do anything about DHT, but rather fixes inflammation? Which means that for those who do not take finasteride/dutasteride or any other DHT blocker, they're pretty much still screwed? Is this somehow different for diffuse thinners?

Last edited: