MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started msm yesterday using 1 TBSP in morning 1 TBSP in evening along with teaspoon of vitamin c well see
Gotta up them numbers if you can handle it. I think minimum 10g split a day. I’m on 20g now a day and no problems. Have no shedding whatsoever now.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got headaches and lightheadedness from 10g MSM per day, so I reduced to 5g per day and will try to build the dosage up to 10g again
I also had the headaches in the beginning. Couple Tylenol cured that. Lasted about a week and body adjusted.

Reactions: 300

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update. I quit finasteride and minoxidil cold turkey about 2 weeks ago and at the same time upped dosage of msm to 20g a day split. Had been on both for many years. No shedding at all as of now and getting regular morning wood as well lol. It’s been a long time. I actually feel kinda normal now. May need some work done on frontal area, not expecting miracles but this is a good tool in the toolbox for those that respond.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those interested in a topical msm/magnesium oil I also started spraying and rubbing into scalp. Just spray and rub in till it goes dry. Really thickens up your remaining hair but must rub till dry cause if u spray and leave wet will leave a white msm residue. Here’s a pic. Find on Amazon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 122

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I am doing MSM 20 mgs . 10 in the morning 10 in the evening for two months . Been on oral miox , zix and needling for about 10 months with great results . An get this . I'm 69 years old . Since starting MSM it seems to make my hair grow faster an thicker . I'm very pleased so for .My question is . Most on here are using MSN as an oral supplement . Anybody seeing improvement using this as a topical ?

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update. Been doing 45 grams. I kno I said I wouldn’t go up again. But I have almost reached Norwood 1 on my right side. I’ll try to upload pics but man…. This stuff is crack
whoa thats crazy lol .. rly hope u got some pix tho preferably w/ baseline in contrast

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those interested in a topical msm/magnesium oil I also started spraying and rubbing into scalp. Just spray and rub in till it goes dry. Really thickens up your remaining hair but must rub till dry cause if u spray and leave wet will leave a white msm residue. Here’s a pic. Find on Amazon
Can also vouch for magnesium oil. Ive been taking 5-10g MSM per day for 6 weeks now and have it mixed with mag oil (homemade by mixing magnesium chloride flakes which are dirt cheap and water). Only thing I'd say is I agree too much MSM in the topical can be a bit drying but mag oil kind of counters this I find (my mix is about 10 percent MSM 70 percent magnesium oil and 20 percent dead sea salt in spray bottle). I also chuck loads of magnesium flakes and dead sea salt in the bath, dead sea salt is great for volume and texture and also lowering oil/sebum. Still literally no shedding since starting msm and hair texture is greatly improved. Considering upping to 10-15g a day. BTW not on finasteride/min or that crap nizoral.

Last edited:

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tbh the velluses on my temples do seem to be gaining length albeit very slowly.. anyway this morning i noticed those velluses are all over now, not just along the temples.. seeing them pop up in the middle and underneath existing hairs in the front explains why my otherwise thinning front is slowly becoming darker and cosmetically fuller looking.. anyway still just 10 grams but since it shows effects ill hold off on increasing for now

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah come to think of it I haven't shed a single hair in all of this time since I started MSM. I have shed eyebrow hairs though sometimes I see them overlapping too much and brush one off occasionally like they overgrow

Also don't forget to exercise helps stimulate the bloodflow and might help increase the rate of new blood vessel formation
i agree it does something to eyebrows too.. noticed it as well... makes it grow longer and thicker?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what brand of msm do you guys buy?

jazz1

Reaction score
This brand is balanced and has amazing reviews…

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This brand is balanced and has amazing reviews…

Have u used it before

jazz1

Reaction score
Have u used it before
No I just bought 1G MSM and take a multi vitamin, the reviews are good but also some people have had nauseas symptoms…..

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think I might give msm a rest everything positive apart from hair ,digestion ,bowels ,high testosterone,libido,muscle mass .......any thoughts I’m not taking any any blockers

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to ask fellas, but can someone post a link to OptiMsm in pill form which is working for them? When I google, it's all sold as powder. Please and thank you.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to ask fellas, but can someone post a link to OptiMsm in pill form which is working for them? When I google, it's all sold as powder. Please and thank you.
Actually, found a few, does it matter which one? How about this one from Pure Naturals?

1640054739041.png

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeab 2 months in and while the most significant thing now is increased light hair count I don't think it's significant enough to post regular updates, guess what I'm really waiting for is for that moment they gain the full thickness of regular healthy hairs. I'll be on this stuff for at least a year and should that moment come I'll be sure to let people know
Yes yr observation is consistent with mine . Darker fuller looking hair both in texture and feel . Msm works best with fatty acid dht inhibitor