MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huge doses being used, i only take 3g or so with 1g vitamin C, have done so for a long time for hair and general health.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huge doses being used, i only take 3g or so with 1g vitamin C, have done so for a long time for hair and general health.
My MSM capsules are 1 gram each. I take 3 in the morning and 3 at night along with 1 gram of Vitamin C each time.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i meant i suspected it in the mix doing some of the lifting on the hair improvments you are reporting.

@Pigeon msm is nearly free, knock a scoop down in some warm water takes no effort, and general energy and exercise recovery makes it worth the while outside of hair... add in bicarb soda in some capsules and exercise recovery goes up another notch...
Oh— I mean possibly? But I’ve been on it almost 2 years. These gains are in last month.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He takes MUCH more than just duta. Also when did he start all these treatments? We need to know if we can actually point to MSM as the one causing results.

But so far MSM looks very promising.
MSM is the only “treatment” I’ve added in last 3 months.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topically it sounds great, just not too sure about it because orally it's such a common thing and doesn't have a lot of healthy aspects tied to it- like it's said to promote heart disease and diabetes. I do want some kind of cream to boost target areas like the crown and temples. Right now My strategy is to just keep dilating the vessels and maybe promote angiogenesis with microneedling. In fact, the fact that microneedling helps people would suggest growing new blood vessels through wound healing actually does grow hair, and it's not just an increased absorption thing

I believe blood flow might help restore diffuse, like that anecdote you linked where the guy was on l-arginine and topical spironolactone for years and only recovered after MSM. Some people say topical spironolactone is useless because it needs to be processed in the liver so that leaves us with a guy who restored his hair using two good vasodilators.
Sodium Nitrite is relatively common in some food but is used in small quantities.
It shouldn't be used orally as it is a poison that can even being used to commit suicide!

H2S is a natural vasodilator and can be increased by taking some combination of Glycine, Taurine, and N-acetyl Cysteine orally.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM is the only “treatment” I’ve added in last 3 months.
how long have you been on the other treatments? If a person adds MSM and they’ve already been on finasteride for 9 months(or less, or more) the finasteride shed could grow back and that person would think it’s MSM. Along with obvious body hair sides from MSM it’s easy to thing MSM is what’s working. The same goes for oral min. That stuff is potent but takes time to work. Anybody only experimenting with MSM only?

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sodium Nitrite is relatively common in some food but is used in small quantities.
It shouldn't be used orally as it is a poison that can even being used to commit suicide!

H2S is a natural vasodilator and can be increased by taking some combination of Glycine, Taurine, and N-acetyl Cysteine orally.

Everything is "toxic" all dependent on dosage and time. Water is toxic, NaCl is toxic, alcohol is toxic...

I wouldn't take it orally either though unless at carefully weighed out dosages.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long have you been on the other treatments? If a person adds MSM and they’ve already been on finasteride for 9 months(or less, or more) the finasteride shed could grow back and that person would think it’s MSM. Along with obvious body hair sides from MSM it’s easy to thing MSM is what’s working. The same goes for oral min. That stuff is potent but takes time to work. Anybody only experimenting with MSM only?
Years. Most recent thing other than that was oral min which I added about a year ago.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Years. Most recent thing other than that was oral min which I added about a year ago.
There was a post in the forums where a woman used MSM with Carlson fish oil. Actually this worked for me to grow some hair . The EPA and DHA and GLA should be in high concentration

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's less about the wrinkles and more about drooping eyelids, believe me it's worth a shot I don't want to look 60 if I can avoid it. I'll take the hit if this change doesn't work

Look for Turnbuckles comments on longecity about dermarolling and lysine. He said lysine did what even NMR couldn't do and reversed wrinkles.
Altho he didn't say why he used lysine it is involved with some longevity factors and induces angiogenesis. Topical dermaroller with lysine would be interesting too...

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that's part of the vasolidating effect, better circulation. Just like MSM has restored some of my libido (literally getting boners at work every couple of minutes when I think about a girl I've been getting to know), I attribute that to better blood flow

TMI...hahaha

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairs still seemingly the same. Noticed a few new hairs sprouting. But nothing major. If things are still slow in a week— I’m kicking up to 40 g a day. Go guts. I’ve also started taking NAC, vitamin C, and Taurine alongside. Will check back in with results pics soon.

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started 10mg of MSM daily today.

I am 30yo and NW2.5 and recently started to shed a bit all over my head.

I also use 2.5ml of castor oil daily since a few weeks and 2 times 5% minoxdil per day (since a few years already)

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairs still seemingly the same. Noticed a few new hairs sprouting. But nothing major. If things are still slow in a week— I’m kicking up to 40 g a day. Go guts. I’ve also started taking NAC, vitamin C, and Taurine alongside. Will check back in with results pics soon.
Seriously mate, you shouldn’t keep upping the dose every few days.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update— itch is still gone. Hairs looking good and feels strong AF. Shedding seems to have increased a little, but I’m trying not too read too much into it. As long as the itch is gone— I think I’m in better shape. Hairs continue to turn terminal along hairline. Side note: nice starting MSM a month ago— my bench press has gone up 20 pounds, squats 35 pounds, and I look better. This stuff is fantastic for health I feel.