MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker here and hair loss sufferer. I’ve been on minoxidil and finasteride since 2016. Both worked ok. Nothing spectacular. Also had a 1300 strip transplant at bosely like 20 years ago.any way was reading up on msm and decided wtf. Started heavy with it. 10 1000mg pills a day. Split 5 in morning and 5 later afternoon. Anyway about 3 weeks in I could rub my head and felt really stiff whisker feel. Like under my shitty hair.

Attachments

• 5222976C-EA06-441E-A02D-D41A8DD8A085.png
    5222976C-EA06-441E-A02D-D41A8DD8A085.png
    536.2 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker here and hair loss sufferer. I’ve been on minoxidil and finasteride since 2016. Both worked ok. Nothing spectacular. Also had a 13k strip transplant at bosely like 20 years ago.any way was reading up on msm and decided wtf. Started heavy with it. 10 1000mg pills a day. Split 5 in morning and 5 later afternoon. Anyway about 3 weeks in I could rub my head and felt really stiff whisker feel. Like under my shitty hair.
Oh yea. That is the back of my head. I’m feelin stiffer whiskers there but seems veilius hairs are going terminal. Fingers crossed.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FE8E2820-5241-4395-85B6-D010059274A1.png

Attachments

• 4E82B911-0258-4221-8B99-B35A3D02BD99.png
    4E82B911-0258-4221-8B99-B35A3D02BD99.png
    781.6 KB · Views: 364

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dr. Stanley Jacobs took 30 GRAMS per day for 20 years at the time of this writing. I can't say if he had great genes which caused it or whatever but he had a decent hairline and jet black hair well into late life. He died at age 91. If his teenage hairline was genetic he is a lucky outlier for his age.

He also worked 13 hours per day even at age 90!!!

There are pictures of him around but he is not the cosmetic surgeon guy who is bald.

Last edited:

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dr. Stanley Jacobs took 30 GRAMS per day for 20 years at the time of this writing. I can't say if he had great genes which caused it or whatever but he had a decent hairline and jet black hair well into late life. He died at age 91. If his teenage hairline was genetic he is a lucky outlier for his age.

He also worked 13 hours per day even at age 90!!!

There are pictures of him around but he is not the cosmetic surgeon guy who is bald.
I’m kind of excited. I never felt whiskers growing all over before with either finasteride or minoxidil. It actually feels the way it felt in the areas like when my transplant hair was growing in. I will post more pics of course if it really grows my veilius hairs terminal or at least the frontal ones coming in look much darker which if nothing else will shade my white scalp. Thanks for the article.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to believe. A few things check out like improved gut health and anti inflammatory properties but those results are a little too impressive for a dietary supplement. I best get them hairlings too friend, you pull a scheme on me I'll find you and push your hairline back an inch for every hair I could have grown
Lol. Well like I said, I do take finasteride was once a day but have cut down to 1m 3 times a week. I do use minoxidil foam like once a day but for the last 3 years or so no improvement and hair went to sh*t. That was with taking finasteride 1m 7 days a week. My scalp started getting like zits or ingrown hairs and had scaling/dandruff. Used nizoral twice a week also. No relief. Heard a doctor talking about this msm and all the benefits for skin health and looked on Amazon and read reviews. Was amazed I hadn’t heard about all the benefits and the women reviews were raving about the hair benefits at high doses. Of course their high dose and mine are quite different lol. They talked about 3k mg so I figured 10k should be better lol. Sooo….I kid you not, within 2 days my scalp had no more itch or zits. GONE! Had this sh*t scalp itch for at least 3 years. And 3 fkn days on msm and gone. Hair on my lower shins left me like 15 years ago. Why? Who the fck knows? I’m healthy and it just did. Know what. That fkn hair is growing back. I cut also almost all gluten. Pasta/bread . Not like a nut job I mean I still eat a hamburger but like one a week. Well hope you get the benefits I’m getting and a head full of hair. Take it easy at first. I got headaches. They have ceased after like week and a half.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All pics were taken today but these two I just took. Turned lights out and used flash. Darkened with a little tint to show small hairs better. Idk but I think I see some sprouts on this stuff.

Attachments

• EDB29A9D-3F06-45BD-93F7-E67E827FCDA9.jpeg
    EDB29A9D-3F06-45BD-93F7-E67E827FCDA9.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 754
  • 2580919C-B9FC-483E-9317-C078466C3D0F.jpeg
    2580919C-B9FC-483E-9317-C078466C3D0F.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 757

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM won't do anything for male pattern baldness, i take it as it is still good for skin and hair health but that is all it is going to help with unfortunately.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
MSM won't do anything for male pattern baldness, i take it as it is still good for skin and hair health but that is all it is going to help with unfortunately.
Yea ok. I took all kinds of sh*t and rubbed all kinds of stuff on my head. Not saying it’s the worlds cure for male pattern baldness. It’s growing MY hair back in areas I haven’t had hair in years and rid my scalp itch. That’s all.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea ok. I took all kinds of sh*t and rubbed all kinds of stuff on my head. Not saying it’s the worlds cure for male pattern baldness. It’s growing MY hair back in areas I haven’t had hair in years and rid my scalp itch. That’s all.

Take it with 1g or so of Vitamin C if you aren't already.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i just knocked up 100 00's (700mg msm), starting 3x5 tomorrow. what's your dose? did it hit your itch?
edit: just knocked up another 100 00's (900mg ascorbic acid) will throw in 3x1 on day 4,5,6 for kicks
I take a mult vitamin drink every day called tangy tangerine. Mix it with half orange juice and water to kill the bite a little. Is a great multi.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i just knocked up 100 00's (700mg msm), starting 3x5 tomorrow. what's your dose? did it hit your itch?
edit: just knocked up another 100 00's (900mg ascorbic acid) will throw in 3x1 on day 4,5,6 for kicks
I take 10k mg a day msm. It has lake a 10 hour life so I take 5 1kmg in morning and another 5 1kmg in late afternoon. Don’t take before bedtime, can cause you insomnia. I also take before eating. I have been delaying my first meal after waking like a morning fast everyday.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but just so everyone knows no multivitamin sh*t will grow you any hair. If that was the case you wouldn't see those homeless people who eat McDonald's every day with full heads. This MSM thing is interesting but let's not stray into thinking we need all our ABCs when it comes to hair growth
Yep multi won’t grow your hair but taking large doses of certain vitamins or minerals can deplete you or work synergistic with another. I’m no compound pharmacist just what my two cents.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been looking at MSM to speed up hair growth of pre-existing hairs. This is certainly encouraging to see. Regrowth aside, how would you say your hair growth speed was affected (if at all)?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the regimen. I'm obviously a little skeptical, hair doesn't just spontaneously appear from a dietary supplement, but seeing as you haven't pushed a certain brand I must guess it's an honest experience worth trying for a month or two. Also your hair transplant is 20 years ago right , nothing recent
Yea it’s just my experience. I’ve tried from dutasteride to saw palmetto to see results that wouldn’t put me in the hospital trying to get them lol. I’m not bs’ng any one. Mayb I’m responding great now and will taper off. Who tf knows with hairloss but I never got these sorts of results before. Yea my transplant is going on 23 yrs now as you can see my native hairs have receded from the transplanted hair and is now showing signs that is sprouting new hair to fill in the gap. Tbh I would be elated just to accomplish that.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind: if this was some exotic compound other than MSM the forum would be turned upside down researching it.

ALL molecules are drugs(even nutraceuticals) and what makes them work better or worse are only basically 3 things:
1) dosage
2)time in between dosages
3) half life of the drug

It could be 4 things, because I believe biological "half-lives" are more important anyways. There is no such medical term as biological half lives but the amount of time before the dose stops working. There are people with finasteride side effects looong after the drug has cleared their bloodstream.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been looking at MSM to speed up hair growth of pre-existing hairs. This is certainly encouraging to see. Regrowth aside, how would you say your hair growth speed was affected (if at all)?
I haven’t noticed a big improvement in speed but getting rid of the itch was my main purpose for trying this stuff and my scalp never felt so healthy. I think that if nothing else it will give any other topicals a fighting chance to work properly with a super healthy scalp.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind: if this was some exotic compound other than MSM the forum would be turned upside down researching it.

ALL molecules are drugs(even nutraceuticals) and what makes them work better or worse are only basically 3 things:
1) dosage
2)time in between dosages
3) half life of the drug

It could be 4 things, because I believe biological "half-lives" are more important anyways. There is no such medical term as biological half lives but the amount of time before the dose stops working. There are people with finasteride side effects looong after the drug has cleared their bloodstream.
I’m actually thinking maybe this msm at high doses is detoxing the blood or something and now the finasteride can work properly?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you zoom in those little hairs filling in the gap between native and transplanted are new. That is at least gonna give my toppik I have been using to cover that area something to cling to.

Attachments

• 594FEE0E-3BFF-45E9-9849-EEEB996C44C0.jpeg
    594FEE0E-3BFF-45E9-9849-EEEB996C44C0.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 450

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m actually thinking maybe this msm at high doses is detoxing the blood or something and now the finasteride can work properly?

Probably. There was even talk in the MSM book about how MSM clears out intestinal parasites. Getting rid of inflammation is just going to be more healthy for us. There is a good topic to research called inflammaging. It has been stated that if we could control inflammation then disease progression would essentially halt and not just talking about Androgenetic Alopecia either.

Find the thread about nlrp3 and many drugs which work to an extent also just happen to work thru inhibiting nlrp3. Research MSM and nlrp3 which it inhibits. MSM apparently doesn't work that great topically without some penetration enhancer which that book mentioned mixing with aloe vera(which is a penetration enhancer) which also inhibits nlrp3. Well known in medicine for 100 years that cocktail treatments attacking many angles just work better as the cell cannot defend by feedback as well.