MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
26 days today.I ll keep it simple. I noticed some positive things,similar to what baco and heart described.Nothing spectacular but very encouraging.Some tiny little hair are appearing along the hairline and i know for a fact that there weren't there before. I also know that probably results are going to be dose dependent.I am still at 12-13grms/day.Sides are more pronounced now after i started using a different brand of MSM.(MSMPure by kala Health.)Obviously,in my mind is more potent than the pills i used before.
To me maintenance is the key,and I dont think I have lost a single hair.What can i possibly expect in 26 days?
I noticed that some peoples expectations are totally unreal.
I ll be back on X-Day at the 2 month mark.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've half a mind to drop minoxidil honestly, I think it's aging around my eyes too much. Plus those old anecdotes OtyMac dug up only used MSM and still saw growth. Eventually someone will need to be the sacrificial goat and drop minoxidil and see if any shed occurs, because who honestly wants to live with minoxidil
Yea I brought that up in an earlier post that I didn’t feel that min was doing much for me as I have been on it for years without a lot to show for it.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eventually someone will need to be the sacrificial goat and drop minoxidil and see if any shed occurs, because who honestly wants to live with minoxidil
so true I’ve always dreaded depending on it.. plus even if u do regain ground it won’t make it past an inch or so in length. for me it’s a trap from all angles. If u do quit it, I’d definitely taper it off carefully tho. Fingers crossed you get away gracefully

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I brought that up in an earlier post that I didn’t feel that min was doing much for me as I have been on it for years without a lot to show for it.
It’s also possible that without all those years of minoxidil use you might have run through your remaining anagen cycles a lot sooner and been much worse off now.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I up for trying MSM but you guys are getting wayyy to excited. I don’t use min or finasteride but if I did I would drop min for MSM. You are gonna lose so much hair. Yea min gives you wrinkles but you chose that route. Don’t expect to hold up without min. Please be realistic.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I up for trying MSM but you guys are getting wayyy to excited. I don’t use min or finasteride but if I did I would drop min for MSM. You are gonna lose so much hair. Yea min gives you wrinkles but you chose that route. Don’t expect to hold up without min. Please be realistic.
So someone who doesn’t use any meds is gonna warn us of all the hair we’re gonna lose. Ok I’ll take that advice.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So someone who doesn’t use any meds is gonna warn us of all the hair we’re gonna lose. Ok I’ll take that advice.
I don’t need meds currently but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how they work.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If MSM is the thing that will get my diffuse anywhere close to where I dream of getting, then I think it ought to do so with or without minoxidil. The old posts suggest it is possible, and that is the only possibility that I would desire. I was on topical minoxidil for a long time before switching to oral for an equal amount of time, same old steady diffuse.

Plus everybody says it stops working after a couple of years, I really don't think minoxidil is the way to any dream results and it certainly isn't responsible for this newly acquired hair strength, which I hope will help me weather any shed

I just re-read your original post. I mistakenly thought you started topical minoxidil over 20yrs ago. In that case I don’t blame you for your reasoning. I totally agree minoxidil will not work miracles. I do think low dose oral minoxidil is definitely worth considering for younger, early stage hairloss sufferers who are already on Finasteride.

I’m glad you started this thread and hope you continue with your progress. I’ve actually increased my own MSM dosage as a result of this discussion.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I added in capsule MSM to my oral Minoxidil regimen last week and will report on enhanced hair growth. I am excited about what I am reading.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just putting this out there as a tip for others on megadoses. Stack enough at home cause it runs out quick and my supplier is currently out of stock so I'll need to improv

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to add in relation to questions on libido with msm - mines def been high recently, could be coincidental though but doubt it, everything else it does would suggest it can only help. This might raise questions over high testosterone but personally think the oral and topical magnesium and msm can help counter the dht theory by reducing scalp calcification (from what I've read over the years a calcified scalp is a significant reason some people suffer from dht hairloss). Also nothing worse than low testosterone imo, even hairloss. Just googled Penis size and msm, very intetesting but not getting to carried away on that one just yet .

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sup y'all. Can I take 2000mg per day?

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half a month on 10 grams daily. Strange how there's an unrelated autoimmune/hormonal shed going on, yet this supplement is powering through it with these small sproutings. One of them seems semi terminal and like half a cm long but I couldn't capture that. (edit: u can kinda see in the first pic actually)

Had to tune the contrast a bit tho so take it with a grain of salt. Main purpose was just to prove myself my fingers were really feeling something. Red line is baseline - never had growth below that on any treatment. (sorry for the acne and overall horror btw)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half a month on 10 grams daily. Strange how there's an unrelated autoimmune/hormonal shed going on, yet this supplement is powering through it with these small sproutings. One of them seems semi terminal and like half a cm long but I couldn't capture that.

Had to tune the contrast a bit tho so take it with a grain of salt. Main purpose was just to prove myself my fingers were really feeling something. Red line is baseline - never had growth below that on any treatment. (sorry for the acne and overall horror btw)

View attachment 172968
View attachment 172969
Good stuff!

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 5g a day for three years, together with oral minoxidil.

MSM on its own won't regrow bald areas decimated by DHT obviously, but in combination with something stronger I find it a worthwile addition. it speeds up the regrowth and gives my hair a thicker more luscious appearance

only negative is that it increases body hair. MSM+oral min+oral castor oil grew a thick fur all over my body