moral opinions

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
if you're having sex with someone and they dont believe in abortion, you dont tell them that you are on propecia and they accidentally get pregnant, some advice from the wise people such as bruce and flux (to name a few, i know there is many more)

PS: go to hell (in advance for stingray)

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the question? What you should do about the baby? NOthing. Once that sperm leaves your baby gun it's not your concern. It's her decision not yours.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
1) tell her that you are on propecia and were at the time of conception (you might as well continue with the propecia).
1a) Not many people are aware of 'propecia', however finasteride (albeit at much higher dosages) is a common medication for prostate.
2) Find out the effect (if any) of conception while on propecia/finasteride, check with the finasteride prostate boards.
3) ask your doctor about conception while on finasteride, he will probably not know much about 'prpecia'
4)it could be much worse, can you believe that some pregnant women drink and smoke.

TELL HER, DO NOT KEEP IT A SECRET THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING HERE

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
There isn't much of a risk of finasteride causing birth defects. Merck only listed it as a precaution to play safe and cover their asses.

bombscience

Reaction score
I thought it was something that also had to do with the woman coming in contact with a pill. So you're saying sperm may contain the drug?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
I thought it was something that also had to do with the woman coming in contact with a pill. So you're saying sperm may contain the drug?

They were afraid that the sperm would contain finasteride, but I think it's been shown that this is not true, or that the amount of finasteride in sperm is insignificant.

Axon

Reaction score
bombscience said:

HairLossTalk.com once said that it would take a mega dose of Finasteride dropped onto the fetus in order to really screw up its growth.

I tend to agree.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
but how do you test something like this in a reasonable amount of time? How do they really know it will not effect the baby's sexual growth/genitals? The kid could be hung like a baby the rest of his life :laugh:

Nicholas

Reaction score
why not just avoid having sex with stupid girls then?
That babygun can be quite a costly experience and when you die you´ll end up in the eternal ricky lake show. Mercy!!!

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Olorin said:
Once that sperm leaves your baby gun it's not your concern.

:laugh:

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
Nicholas said:
why not just avoid having sex with stupid girls then?
That babygun can be quite a costly experience and when you die you´ll end up in the eternal ricky lake show. Mercy!!!

what does having sex with stupid or smart girls have to do with anything

Stabber said:
but how do you test something like this in a reasonable amount of time? How do they really know it will not effect the baby's sexual growth/genitals? The kid could be hung like a baby the rest of his life

this was my main point, there is a listed risk of birth defects, would your life gambled like that? better yet, would you want someone to take that gamble for you?

also, my other point was, should the woman be told of the medication consumption?

bombscience

Reaction score
yes. just tell her you are on a drug that could be potentially harmful if she comes in direct contact with and, still harmful, but less, if it was in your sperm.

are you cool with this girl? has the pregnancy cause any conflict that sharing this information might cause harm?

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
yes. just tell her you are on a drug that could be potentially harmful if she comes in direct contact with and, still harmful, but less, if it was in your sperm.

are you cool with this girl? has the pregnancy cause any conflict that sharing this information might cause harm?

first she's not pregnant(thank god), if she was pregnant being as "pro-life" as she is and telling her that to be humane she should have an abortion because of the medication im on that i didnt mention to her is not the best idea, you've heard the news headlines, women are going crazy, i dont want be a guy that has his penis cut off or has been ran over numerious times by a van.

it's just something that has been bothering me, i'm worried about what i would do if she did get pregnant, i dont really want to tell her because like i stated before, if i told her she had to get an abortion to be humane, she would probably not want to have sex anymore, which is definitely not what i want to happen

do you think it would be morally wrong to not tell a woman until she has already gotten pregnant, assuming you weren't planning to get pregnant?

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Do what us old farts do...get a vasectomy.

But if you want kids someday, just remember to make a deposit at your local sperm bank on your way TO the doctor.

jerry grant

hopewas

Reaction score
ded, you're even starting to annoy me now. your sh*t is getting old. you really do sound like a 12 year old lately

hopewas

Reaction score
yep..from the strippers at your party right? you're definitely full of sh*t. i'm 100% sure of that.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas

I dont care what the pretext was, why dump on anybody who reccomends using a condom, are you out of your mind or drunk?

VIRTUOUS PARADIGM

Reaction score
I have to agree with cosmo .. can't knock someone for advising the use of a condom .. that's actually one of the better pieces of advice you can give to anyone who's sexually active ..