Minoxidil (Rogaine / Regaine)

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cant handle minoxidil in alcohol or Propecia. glycol? Get minoxidil compounded.
This has helped me tremendously as I didn't know if they could put it in oil form but they have. The pharmacist uses wet ingredients to dissolve it. Then dry it out. Then places this dry formula in the oil to prevent it from being a wet liquid. I needed a true oil. Hope this helps someone.​

mdmx24

Reaction score
is it normal to experience tingling when applying minoxidal for the first time? or should I stop using?

mrspotatohead

Reaction score
helo, i'm new here and currently using minoxidil 2% prescribed by my skin doctor. i don't have any tingling sensation but pimples with small hairs are coming out. wondering if anyone has the same experience.
it's been 1.5 years and new hair growth is really slow... a friend is offering me to try Nutriol from Nuskin and i came upon this forum trying to find some light in this :)

Lolo0808

Reaction score
Massive shed from Rogaine

I have had CTE for over 18 months and nothing has stopped my shedding. I tried using Rogaine recently - only on my front hair line and only for about a week and a half. I then experienced a major shed. I mean the amount of hair that came out was devastating. My question is has any one else experienced this with Rogaine and if so how long did it take to stop shedding? I immediately stopped the Rogaine but am continuing to lose so much hair. I'm scared I will have none left soon.

smo3

Reaction score
ADMIN, i've got a question. I have to stop minoxidil because I want to do a SMP (scalp micro pigmentation). Minoxidil has a lot of alcohol wich is bad for the pigments. And I don't want to us finasteride cuz of the sides. I already have a struggle with keeping a solid erection:doh:

WorriedGirlEM

Reaction score
I have had CTE for over 18 months and nothing has stopped my shedding. I tried using Rogaine recently - only on my front hair line and only for about a week and a half. I then experienced a major shed. I mean the amount of hair that came out was devastating. My question is has any one else experienced this with Rogaine and if so how long did it take to stop shedding? I immediately stopped the Rogaine but am continuing to lose so much hair. I'm scared I will have none left soon.

Hi Lolo,

I read in the documentation that increased hair loss can continue for up to 2 weeks at first, but if it continues to see a doctor. It says that the increased shedding while using it at first is a sign that old dead hairs are falling out to be replaced with new ones.

Ms89

Reaction score
thinning

Hi everyone,

I am in my mid 20s, i have always had very fine hair and never thought much of it, i did a hair style the other day that i needed to look at through a hand held mirror and noticed my part kept going down and you could see my scalp, having an obsessive personality it played on my mind and i have noticed that my hair is so thin, that particular styles you can see my scalp.

I have not experienced a noticeable amount of hair falling out at all, and to look at me you would not see my scalp, it is just certain ways my hair falls.

i will go to the drs to get tests done.

I am Worried my hair is thinning, and does Roagain help with that? or just female pattern baldness?

or does anyone else have very fine hair and worried that their hair is thinning? or has it always thin

Narcissus

Reaction score
Minoxidil 5% over the counter vs Minoxidil 7% + 0.01% Retinoic Acid

Anyone noticed any difference between the 5% Minoxidil and the 7% with Retinoic Acid. I seem to have had good results with the latter.