minoxidil once a day?

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Finish line said:
Twice a day, guys. You can't make up your own rules and expect this stuff to work.

You are rogaine's b**ch, not the other way around.
heheheheh .Many doctors have told me 1 a day is more then enouth to getthe same results.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
They are hair transplant surgeons.They know alot more about hair then any one here.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Has anyone gone from using Minoxidil twice a day to once a day and then noticed things did not get worse until maybe 5 or 6 months later or even soon.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I trust the more experienced learned posters on this board a hell of aot more than I would any f-ucking quack and that includes dermatologists, hair transplant surgeons and of course the worst of all "the GP" they are all just f-ucking useless... They are not passionate about hairloss like we are. Its there job, but most of them have biased opinions or are dumb as s-hit, don't really give a s-hit, money hungry or just plain lazy. You want anything done in this world you gotta do it yourself. Necessity is the mother of invention. So I say people on this site should unite to come up with a cure for this hairloss bulls-hit. Im tired of waiting for others to come up with solutions when they dont have the passion or "necessity" for it, its like watching paint dry..

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Use common sense. If once a day is not helping then go twice a day. If after you go to twice a day and you find things look good than back down to once a day and re-evaluate. I am going to go back to twice a day because after 5 or 6 months of once a day, my hair is losing its thickness and shedding more. So common sense is to go back to twice a day because I remember twice a day gave me much less sheds and thicker hair. You do not have to be an expert hair transplant Doctor to figure out medical doses.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ussually twice a day doesn't even help people. So once a day I wouldn't expect to help a whole lot... I suppose it depends on what type of results you want to achieve. I want to get the maximum benefit from minoxidil so I use it twice a day.

3 Years ago I used a bottle of rogaine liquid 5% a week. I would saturate my hair 3-4 times a day. After a massive shed I had more hair then I have ever had in my life after 5 months time. My temples were almost connected to my eyebrows. The I started getting heart palpitations and got sleepy all the time and dizzy so I had to stop. I would definitely say the more Rogaine the better results.

IBM

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Ussually twice a day doesn't even help people. So once a day I wouldn't expect to help a whole lot... I suppose it depends on what type of results you want to achieve. I want to get the maximum benefit from minoxidil so I use it twice a day.

3 Years ago I used a bottle of rogaine liquid 5% a week. I would saturate my hair 3-4 times a day. After a massive shed I had more hair then I have ever had in my life after 5 months time. My temples were almost connected to my eyebrows. The I started getting heart palpitations and got sleepy all the time and dizzy so I had to stop. I would definitely say the more Rogaine the better results.

Just curious. After you stopped Rogaine how's your hair became? You had a sudden shed? Lost more then your baseline?

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
The problems with forums like this is you never get one answer.Every idiot throws there two cents and you end up being more confused after you ask the question , then before you did.Now for the last god damn time.Has anyone had decent results using minoxidil once a day from the beginning of there treatment?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my hair afterwards shed horribly and I began taking all sorts of fake supplements to try and keep it and also that is when I purchased the laser comb and did in office laser treaments. Although I lost alot of what I had I wouldn't say it got worse then my baseline.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic :shakehead: I have two friends who are 27 and 29 and have slowly been losing their temples for the past 3 years... very slow gradual hairloss. For the past year or so they have been applying Rogaine at night on just their temples and I have noticed much imrpovement. I think the amount of rogaine you use needs to be adjusted to your expectations and degree of hairloss.

Toyboy said:
The problems with forums like this is you never get one answer.Every idiot throws there two cents and you end up being more confused after you ask the question , then before you did.Now for the last god damn time.Has anyone had decent results using minoxidil once a day from the beginning of there treatment?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Sorry to get off topic :shakehead: I have two friends who are 27 and 29 and have slowly been losing their temples for the past 3 years... very slow gradual hairloss. For the past year or so they have been applying Rogaine at night on just their temples and I have noticed much imrpovement. I think the amount of rogaine you use needs to be adjusted to your expectations and degree of hairloss.

Toyboy said:

I do once a day as well cuz twice a day it makes my scalp feel uncomfortable.

minoxidil and finasteride together is definitely helping, I am not greedy, I am happy with the result but I don't mind more improvement. :)

RonPaulRepublican

Reaction score
FWIW,

The insert in the Spectral DNC package answers this one as an FAQ. They state that after 2 years you might be able to go to 1x/day applications to maintain. However they also state that their nanosomes continue to absorb into the scalp for up to 15 hours. Twice a day is 12 hours so some wiggle room if you want to do it maybe 3 times in two days? I've done this a lot in the past and I've experienced some thickening.

I plan on doing the 1x/day thing after 2 years.

CCS

Reaction score
Trog said:
If I start using it, I'll probably try it at once a day. I have medium-length curly/wavy hair, so just applying it at night, when I can keep my hair out of the way and not worry about messing it up, is easier.

I know that with finasteride, the difference in effectiveness between taking 1mg and .5 mg is fairly small - 1mg is optimal, but .5mg is only slightly below optimal. I imagine something similar is true of minoxidil 2-a-day versus minoxidil 1-a-day, but I'm curious if there's a consensus about this.

finasteride is different. 5ar is actually reduced for several days after a single dose. Minoxidil is needed more often than finasteride, but once a day still can work.

Once a day with Retin-A works just as well as twice a day. The retin-A helps with androgens, but helps the minoxidil by increasing penetration 5x. But so does showering. If you apply it after a shower, you should do just as good as 2x a day before a shower.

I'm going to kick start with 2x per day, or maybe 3x, but then tapper back to 1x per day.

CCS

Reaction score
Toyboy said:

Researchers have the same problem in trials. They just average it. I've seen the raw data for the propecia studies. It was all over the board. The month by month graphs were very jagged. They had to pic certain months that would make it look more smooth, even with thousands of people. This most likely is measurement error.