minoxidil alternatives, need hair growth solutions

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
NANO is an obvious possibility. It's probably not as strong as minoxidil, but it does have the effect of stimulating hair growth. (Waiting for yet another inevitable and sarcastic reply from Jacob! :puke: )

Jacob

Reaction score
Most of my replies on this are no longer sarcastic. It is getting sickening how you are able to, all these years, shill for Dr. Proctor and his garbage. You can give no evidence/proof for the claims Dr. Proctor(and yourself) makes on the products themselves or the individual ingreds(the "mysterious ingredients" both of you have cleverly used to try to get ppl more interested should have put Proctor's products on the scam/snake-oil list years ago) and yet you constantly question other products/ingreds/claims and even doctors.

To Gizmo..you could check out procyanidins..as posted in this thread: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64440&start=10 although as I say there it'd maybe make more sense to use a combination product that also contains the pro's. There are plenty of other products out there one could try as well..it's hard to compare to minoxidil as they never seem to have trials etc to make a comparison. Things such as Dermaheal...Dermatopoietin..many plant stem cell containing products..etc.

There's also Stimucap: http://www.in-cosmetics.com/__novadocuments/2614

Jacob

Reaction score
finfighter said:
AHK Copper Tripeptides have been shown to be as effective as 2% minoxidil, and they also have antifibrotic effects! This is important because fibrosis plays a big role in the balding process.

And there's another with some actual evidence behind 'em.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
AHK Copper Tripeptides have been shown to be as effective as 2% minoxidil, and they also have antifibrotic effects! This is important because fibrosis plays a big role in the balding process.

I understand AHK Copper Tripeptides is the active ingredient in Tricomin (and Folligen) - am I right? so we are talking about Tricomin Shampoo ?

Bryan said:
NANO is an obvious possibility. It's probably not as strong as minoxidil, but it does have the effect of stimulating hair growth. (Waiting for yet another inevitable and sarcastic reply from Jacob! :puke: )
Bryan:
I couldn't find NANO shampoo on this site. I DID find it elsewhere.
this is not a good sign.

can you please explain why NANO is better than Tricomin or other?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gizmo said:
Bryan:
I couldn't find NANO shampoo on this site.

You couldn't find NANO shampoo on WHAT site?? :dunno:

Gizmo said:
I DID find it elsewhere.
this is not a good sign.

Why not? Dr. Proctor's products are sold in only a few locations; the LEF (Life Extension Foundation) is probably the best.

Gizmo said:
can you please explain why NANO is better than Tricomin or other?

I don't understand your question. Are you talking about NANO shampoo, and comparing it to Tricomin lotion? Or are you talking about Tricomin shampoo? Please explain what it is you're talking about.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

when you say "NANO" you mean the "NANO shampoo" by Dr. Proctor, right ? the one listed here: http://www.drproctor.com/hair-regrowth-products.htm ?

my question is: why do believe that NANO is the obvious possibility (as you state) and not any of the products listed here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all

Jacob

Reaction score
The LEF version is watered down....so it makes perfect sense that it's the best :shock:

It doesn't matter if it's the Tricomin shampoo or topical that you're talking about. There is no evidence out there that NANO is the "obvious" choice. He says that about any of the Proctor products when he has the opportunity to push them. There is no evidence to support the claims. Even the before/afters are worthless.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gizmo said:
when you say "NANO" you mean the "NANO shampoo" by Dr. Proctor, right ? the one listed here: http://www.drproctor.com/hair-regrowth-products.htm ?

Yes, I mean NANO shampoo. (Although NANO is also an ingredient in Dr. Proctor's main products Proxiphen and Prox-N!)

Gizmo said:
my question is: why do believe that NANO is the obvious possibility (as you state) and not any of the products listed here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all

NANO shampoo is an obvious possibility for the simple reason that there are very few medicated shampoos that actually do anything to treat male pattern baldness. Nizoral shampoo is one, NANO shampoo is another.

Out of all the products on that page you cited, the only shampoo I see is one that's part of that collection of products associated with Tricomin (you appeared to be talking specifically about shampoo in your first post in this thread). BTW, I'm not particularly impressed with Tricomin shampoo! I doubt that it has enough active ingredients to do anything. I suspect it was simply included in the product line associated with Tricomin, just for the sake of completeness.

So picking a decent shampoo for our specific purpose (treating our hair loss) is simple and obvious: there's Nizoral, and there's NANO.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Gizmo said:

NANO shampoo is an obvious possibility for the simple reason that there are very few medicated shampoos that actually do anything to treat male pattern baldness. Nizoral shampoo is one, NANO shampoo is another.

Out of all the products on that page you cited, the only shampoo I see is one that's part of that collection of products associated with Tricomin (you appeared to be talking specifically about shampoo in your first post in this thread). BTW, I'm not particularly impressed with Tricomin shampoo! I doubt that it has enough active ingredients to do anything. I suspect it was simply included in the product line associated with Tricomin, just for the sake of completeness.

So picking a decent shampoo for our specific purpose (treating our hair loss) is simple and obvious: there's Nizoral, and there's NANO.

Except there's no evidence that "NANO shampoo is another". There's nothing "obvious" about listing it along with something like Nizoral. Or even saying it's the "obvious" at all..when suggesting a shampoo.

Even if there were evidence for "NANO"...you could question if that shampoo too has enough active ingredients to do anything. A watered-down version or not.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Except there's no evidence that "NANO shampoo is another". There's nothing "obvious" about listing it along with something like Nizoral. Or even saying it's the "obvious" at all..when suggesting a shampoo.

Even if there were evidence for "NANO"...you could question if that shampoo too has enough active ingredients to do anything. A watered-down version or not.

Whatever you do, Jacob, don't believe anything anybody else tells you; not even an MD, PhD like Dr. Proctor!! :laugh:

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

Whatever you do, Jacob, don't believe anything anybody else tells you; not even an MD, PhD like Dr. Proctor!! :laugh:

You mean a quack like Dr. Proctor. You're the only one who believes everything Dr. Proctor says..and yet questions nearly everything else anyone else says, including other MD, PHD's...and you demand evidence for what is being said..claims etc. Evidence you cannot provide for the Proctor garbage.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Gizmo said:

Yes, I mean NANO shampoo. (Although NANO is also an ingredient in Dr. Proctor's main products Proxiphen and Prox-N!)

Gizmo said:

thanks you three for the replies. I read and value every word.

@ Bryan:
as far as shampoo goes:
now first thing, I decided I will be using Nizoral every 3 days.
for the "nizoral off days" after you mentioned NANO shampoo I'm looking for the studies that show regrowth (if any) from NANO shampoo usage.
do you happen to know where I can find any?
I thinking either NANO shampoo or Revivogen. what's you say on Revivogen ? any evidence that that shampoo does any regrowth?

and how about "Stimucap" and "AHK Copper Tripeptides" ?

@ finfingter:
where can I find more info on "AHK Copper Tripeptides" ? I took a look here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63313 and did not see anything about it, does it have another name other than "AHK Copper Tripeptides" ?

and a question to all of you: why do you think this site , e.g: this page: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all DOES NOT list the growth stimulants products: "Stimucap", "AHK Copper Tripeptides" or any product by Dr. Proctor if they are proved to work (Jackob, I know your opinion on Dr. Proctor , :) I'm asking you about the other products )?
I thought this site was suppose to be reliable and updated....

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gizmo said:
@ Bryan:
as far as shampoo goes:
for the "nizoral off days" after you mentioned NANO shampoo I'm looking for the studies that show regrowth (if any) from NANO shampoo usage.

Oh heavens, no! There are no studies on NANO shampoo, or NANO specifically.

Gizmo said:
I thinking either NANO shampoo or Revivogen. what's you say on Revivogen ? any evidence that that shampoo does any regrowth?

I think Revivogen shampoo is probably just like Tricomin shampoo: it's from a company that sells a lotion for use by people to help fight their male pattern baldness, so they make their own shampoo and sell it under the general labels of "Revivogen" (and "Tricomin"). I doubt that either one of them has enough active ingredient to have much of an effect on hair loss, although they may be perfectly fine as shampoos.

Jacob

Reaction score
No studies..so it's the OBVIOUS choice :shakehead:

The NANO shampoo most likely also does not have much of the "active" in it either. The "active"..that has no studies behind it to back up the claims.

Jacob

Reaction score
Gizmo said:
and a question to all of you: why do you think this site , e.g: this page: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all DOES NOT list the growth stimulants products: "Stimucap", "AHK Copper Tripeptides" or any product by Dr. Proctor if they are proved to work (Jackob, I know your opinion on Dr. Proctor , :) I'm asking you about the other products )?
I thought this site was suppose to be reliable and updated....

I don't think they've added anything to what they sell..for quite awhile...for one thing. The Stimucap is only available from one place..at least in one line. I did see at least one other shampoo that contains it that they probably could carry, but I'm sure their response would be that there are dozens of shampoos etc they *could* carry. The AHK cu peptides are in Tricomin..I think. Probably just don't show up as that when searching the site.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Avoid NANO or other such unproven rubbish. Jacob is right, there is no proof the stuff works.

Minoxidil is the only readily-available growth stimulant proven to work for the majority of users.

I've been using more than the recommended dose of the stuff for about 16 months now and no sign of wrinkles.

I honestly believe most of the people that talk about minoxidil side-effects are whiny hypochondriacs.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Avoid NANO or other such unproven rubbish. Jacob is right, there is no proof the stuff works.

So you criticize NANO, just because you don't know anything about it yourself. Nice going.

Gizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Gizmo said:
@ Bryan:
as far as shampoo goes:

Oh heavens, no! There are no studies on NANO shampoo, or NANO specifically.

you're not being sarcastic ? really no studies?

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
hairhoper said:

So you criticize NANO, just because you don't know anything about it yourself. Nice going.

I criticize anything unproven, just as you do except for what appears to be your 'Dr Proctor blindspot' where you just regurgitate anything he says as if it's gospel.

Shilling for Proctor, nice going.