Min shampoo (copper peptides, procapil etc)

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Still shedding on fluridil unfortunately

I'm thinking of going for a green tea topical or maybe topical finasteride

Or maybe even a low dose of internal finasteride

I'm reaching the stage where I need to do something

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen pics or anything, so can't actually verify that you guys are suffering male pattern baldness. However, if you are, you should get on Finasteride asap.

It's the best chance you guys have of maintaining your hair, and if you need regrowth, get on the 5% Minoxidil too.

Finasteride has been around for decades, has gone through the rigours of the FDA and is the most effective "proven" male pattern baldness medication there is. The reality is that only a very small percentage of users get side - this board seems to attract mostly people in that small percentile group!!

So if things are going pear-shaped - get on the Finasteride, take regular photos and wait until at least 12 months to gauge your results. Hell - if you get sides, you can just stop using the stuff. However, even then I'd encourage you to ride it through. After a couple of months on Finasteride I went through quite a low libido patch, but it only lasted for a few months and the past 3 years have been great....

Good luck and I'll keep you posted on the MiN if I get into the stuff!

Def

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
It's getting to the stage where I am really tempted to use finasteride

Maybe 0.5mg a day

I'll see how things go

How long before you saw results on finasteride Def?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I've ever seen results as in regrowth (although I've always been really bad with the Minoxidil - at best once a day, 4 days a week). My hair has just maintained for nearly 4 years, to the point where it's still not detectable to people when styled. What's more, since I'll be 30 soon, I'm nowhere near as worried about losing my hair.

Do a search on my name and you will find a thread with pics. I'm still about the same as those pics - perfect hairline, crown thinning. Actually - here's the thread:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

I move to London next month to work for a few years and I plan to start using Spectral DNC twice a day to see if I can get regrowth.

Def

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still using MIN shampooo and it makes me hair feel really good, almost looks thicker when it dries. I'm certain i've seen less shed since I started using it. I've decided recently that if i'm going to have any real chance I've got to go for the medication, i'm on my 4th day of fincar.

Anyone else using this shampoo and got any updates?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey All

I got on the MIN range about a month ago. I use the Detox, Wash and Fortify every night (except Sun and Wed which are my Nizoral nights) and use the Modify styling product.

I love the stuff, hair feels really clean, smells great and Fortify conditions my hair like no other conditioner I've used. The styling product, Modify, takes some getting used to as it's really pastey - like American Crew fiber. However, it holds really well, with low shine and thickens up the hair too.

I've actually noticed a slight decrease in my shedding too, however, I also started Spectral DNC a month ago - so can't tell which one is having the effect. I'd put my money on the Spectral DNC. I had an initial Spectral DNC shed but now my hair loss seems to be somewhat less.

No obvious cosmetic results yet, however, it's too early.

Def