Min shampoo (copper peptides, procapil etc)

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently started on this, feels good in the hair but guess its far too early to say, its got DHT blockers and copper peptide so i'm hoping it at least does something.....

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about trying this too. Does it strip your hair and leave it dry after using it? I used to use nioxin and found it did that, if this doesn't then I'm definatly getting this!

CCS

Reaction score
azelaic acid does not block DHT in vivo. only the copper peptides would be worth anything.

this is very likely an ad, but I don't think it is unethical since it is just posted by someone prettending to ask about it, and not someone saying they had success with it.

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
This is taken from their website, i'd be interested to know if anyone has any expert opinions in the categories and statements mentioned:

Procapil®
Helps slow the aging effects of hair by lessening DHT production, thus improving irrigation of the hair follicle and stimulating the production of anchoring molecules.
Copper Y-3
Introduces copper ions into the hair follicle area to inhibit DHT production in the scalp. Helps activate the natural repair process that rebuilds and renews hair.
Saw Palmetto
A topical herbal used to improve skin and scalp conditions. Studies have shown that to be an effective anti-androgen. Saw Palmetto lowers DHT levels by inhibiting 5 alpha-reductase and receptor sites on cell membranes required for cells to absorb DHT.
Zinc Sulfate
Essential mineral that has shown to inhibit production of DHT.
Biotin
A key component in the healthy hair manufacturing process. Bitotin is commonly recommended by dermatologists as a supplement to patients as part of their medical treatment for hair loss.
Azelaic Acid
Works as a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor and hair stimulant.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Organic acid with proven antioxidant properties.
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Helps protect against damaging effects of free radicals.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest not using it as a standalone treatment, if that's what you are doing. At best it would be a slightly helpful addition.
Could you tell me what kind of condition it leaves your hair?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
re-seeding said:
This is taken from their website...

HAHAHAHAH!! Tocopherol acetate isn't even an antioxidant! :)

Bryan

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
re-seeding said:
This is taken from their website...

HAHAHAHAH!! Tocopherol acetate isn't even an antioxidant! :)

Bryan

I am pretty sure Vit E is an anti-ox...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vitamin E is an antioxidant, but tocopherol acetate isn't vitamin E. Tocopherol acetate has to be de-esterified into tocopherol before it becomes vitamin E. According to one study I've seen, tocopherol acetate applied to the skin is de-esterified only to a rather limited extent by enzymes in the skin.

Bryan

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Vitamin E is an antioxidant, but tocopherol acetate isn't vitamin E. Tocopherol acetate has to be de-esterified into tocopherol before it becomes vitamin E. According to one study I've seen, tocopherol acetate applied to the skin is de-esterified only to a rather limited extent by enzymes in the skin.

Bryan

Lol what is your line of work?

CCS

Reaction score
then i'll stop putting it on my cuts.

That shampoo is expensive. And the 2oz one is a joke. Who will buy 2oz of shampoo for $18? Be careful not to the the azelaic acid in your eye.

Really. I can buy powdered copper peptides and put them in my baby shampoo after I Raise the pH to 7.5 with KOH. I'm tempted to use soft soap instead, since it already has the right pH, but I prefer the shampoo because it has better ingredients. 15oz for 99 cents.

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else using MIN out there?

I like it and i'm going to continue using it daily. Probably just a coincidence but I'm noticing less of a shed, only between 5 and 10 hairs now whereas before it'd be between 15 and 20 so i'm pleased so far. Leaves the hair looking healthier but I'm still finding I have a lot of oil build up by the end of the day???

Would be interested to know if anyone else has noticed a decrease in shed....

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've ordered some from Amazon UK - I'll report back on how I get on

I think it's very good value for what you get so I hope it's going to be of use

Does anyone know what % of procapil is in MIN out of interest?

CCS

Reaction score
xx

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
say what you want but we all know you are just a paid advertizer, and that over priced crap you are trying to sell will not sell at all on this site. so you might as well give up.

Was that aimed at me?

No I'm not a paid advertizer I have been posting on here for over 2 years. A lot longer than you

Please withdraw that comment

Under your opinion anyone who posts a thread asking if someone has had success with a product is tried to advertise it. What a load of crap

Back on thread (before we were rudely interrupted) - does anyone know if it actually contains procapil? The MIN I ordered arrived today and it doesn't seem to list it in the ingredients on the bottle

Thankyou

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
I think, from another thread about it further down the page, that procapil is basically a mix of different ingredients, so you should look for the ingredients rather than 'Procapil'.
Could you let me know how you get on with this please? As in, does it leave your hair looking thicker/healthier? I doubt whether it would do much by itself for hairloss, but it probably would be beneficial, but in my opinion, theres no point in something that's beneficial when it leaves your hair looking like hay!

And i think college meant re-seeding, if he meant u the least he'd have to do is check ur previous posts to prove himself wrong :eek:

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
chino20 said:
I think, from another thread about it further down the page, that procapil is basically a mix of different ingredients, so you should look for the ingredients rather than 'Procapil'.
Could you let me know how you get on with this please? As in, does it leave your hair looking thicker/healthier? I doubt whether it would do much by itself for hairloss, but it probably would be beneficial, but in my opinion, theres no point in something that's beneficial when it leaves your hair looking like hay!

Thanks for that info

I don't think I can see the seperate ingredients on there either, but it does say 'and other ingredients'

I've used it for the first time today and it seems to go on very nicely

I'll post back in a week or two to say how it's going - I'm going to use the shampoo everyday

chino20 said:
And i think college meant re-seeding, if he meant u the least he'd have to do is check ur previous posts to prove himself wrong :eek:

In his first post in this thread he said 'this is very likely an ad' which I presumed he aimed at me because I started this thread

He then posted directly after my last post

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah well, people do get paranoid on these forums, justifiably so i guess with all the spammers and 'snake-oilers' out there.
But yeah, please do post back, I'd be really interested to see how you find these products. Cheers!