MILK does a body good! what about your hair?

Felk

Reaction score
I second the vitamin D thing, though I didn't know that milk itself contained it.

People harp on about calcium for the prevention of osteoperosis (sp?) but an interesting fact is that the countries with the highest levels of milk consumption (scandinavian) also have the highest rates of osteoperosis, whereas countries in which people drink very little milk have almost none. Lack of sunlight in the scandinavian countries (required for vitamin D) is thought to be to blame.

docj077

Reaction score
Felk said:
I second the vitamin D thing, though I didn't know that milk itself contained it.

People harp on about calcium for the prevention of osteoperosis (sp?) but an interesting fact is that the countries with the highest levels of milk consumption (scandinavian) also have the highest rates of osteoperosis, whereas countries in which people drink very little milk have almost none. Lack of sunlight in the scandinavian countries (required for vitamin D) is thought to be to blame.

Vitamin D synthesis requires cholesterol. Again, another reason to drink milk.

bubka

Reaction score
it is required by the chylomicrons (sic) which move it through various cell walls... though 80% of cholesterol is made by the body, and not food

powersam

Reaction score
sweet, hummus has calcium in it apparently.

oh you never clarified the collared greens thing. are they blue collar or white collar?