Microneedling + Prostaglandin E2 - Frequently Asked Questions

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So ive been having insanly good results now that I added Microneedling + PGE2 on top of my 2g/day oral seti regimen. People were asking me how to apply it so I made a FAQ for you guys. See my progress pics here

I will be editing this post as I get new information over time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the science behind PGE2? Why does it works?

Cotsarelis found that PGD2 was up regulated in bald scalp and PGE2 was down regulated. PGE2 is a potent vasodilator and is what causes the redness after getting sunburned.

At low concentrations, PGE2 has roles in skin homeostasis, while UVR‐upregulated PGE2 has a significant vasodilatory effect in the erythemal response

Also PGE2 induces FGF9 which causes hair regeneration after wounding.

Also you can look at the study regarding Latanoprost (PGF2α) which is one of the metabolite of PGE2

Latanoprost significantly increased hair density (terminal and vellus hairs) at 24 weeks compared with baseline and the placebo-treated area. Latanoprost could be useful in stimulating hair follicle activity and treating hairloss.

https://i.imgur.com/9nVJtuy.jpg

9nVJtuy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CD1MvGj.png

CD1MvGj.png

What kind of results can I expect?

Ive never tried minoxidil so its impossible for me to compare the two.

But from what Ive seen on other peoples minoxidil pics the results are similar to what you would expect from Minoxidil although I haven't noticed any shedding or negative skin sides i.e bloating/water retention, dark circles, hirsutism, wrinkles (allegedly)

What is optimal topical dose?

I personally use about 1mg in 3ml of water. Thats enough for my entire scalp. If your only doing your temples you might only need 1ml of water.

I do this every 3 days or about twice a week.

How can I prepare it?

Tools needed

How do I apply it?

(note: im assuming your doing your entire scalp so im using 1mg/3ml of water in my example below)

Step 1. Shampoo your scalp and make it as clean as possible (try and minimize the amount of oil and gunk on your scalp when applying the PGE2). This is really critically important. I had spots on my scalp that wouldnt turn red after dermastamping/applying PGE2 and after closer inspection under light and a mirror I had a some sebum gunk on those spots. Once I shampooed throughly with the tips of my finger and my scalp was very clean my whole scalp would turn red after dermastamping/applying PGE2.

Step 2. With the dermastamp gently go over the area you want the hair to grow (Note: the goal is not wounding or to draw blood! It shouldn't be painful)

Step 3. Place 3ml of water into the glass dropper using the Medicine dropper.

Step 4. Use the 1mg scoop and liberally take some PGE2 from its glass bottle and place it into the glass dropper and use the scoop to mix it with the water. Make sure you look carefully when mixing! sometimes the PGE2 has a habit of sticking on the scoop or the side of the glass bottle, make sure it dissolves!

Also keep in mind that PGE2 will degrade in minutes once its in the water so don't take your sweet time.

Step 5. Apply the water all over the area you microneedled.

You will know the PGE2 is doing its jobs if you notice your scalp turns beet pink for about 30-60 min afterwards (it will look like a sunburn)

Interestingly enough from the study on topical Latanoprost

The erythema observed at the latanoprost-treated site in 5 subjects indicates that the selected concentration is close to the maximum recommendable dose. It must be noted that all the subjects with erythema responded well to latanoprost. The skin irritation may have affected the growth, however as a result of the short duration of the study this is unlikely.

How do I store it?

Store it in the freezer. The is extremely important as PGE2 is very temperature sensitive and could melt.

When should I expect results?

Tangible cosmetic results should come in about 2 months in. Although you will notice right away that your hair feels more robust.

Will you get a shed like minoxidil?

For me personally I didn't notice any shedding.

Side effects

Scalp will be red for about 1hr after applying the PGE2.

I havent noticed any minoxidil sides i.e bloating/water retentions, dark circles, hirsutism, wrinkles (allegedly)

Can I use ethanol or other vehicle

I tried PGE2+ethanol for over 6 months and didnt notice much results.

The microneedling allows for better absorbtion of the PGE2 into the follicle and possible working through other mechanism that Im not aware of. It was trial and error but for some reason the microneedling + PGE2 combo really works.

Where can I buy it and how much does it cost?

Contact guys name is hairchemicals@gmx

Price quoted is $275/100mg with 100mg minimum order.

So with a dose of 1mg/every other day, 100mg should last you a while

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
I am confused. Didn't you say you only paid around 70 cents/day?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats for ali baba (untested)

They quoted $500/1g some even less (see below)

• Jiangsu Eubo Biological Technology Co., Ltd. - 350$/g
  • Wuhan W&Z Biotech Co., Ltd. - 415$/g
  • Xi'an Zelong Biotech Co., Ltd. - 470$/g
  • Shaanxi Yuantai Biological Technology Co., Ltd. - $1110/g
  • Shaanxi Dideu Medichem Dideu Industries Group Limited - $998/g
  • XA BC-Biotech Co., Ltd. - $470/g

This source I listed is real PGE2 (no testing need although you can do it if you want) but its more expensive.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
I have no experience at all for testing chemicals but do you have any idea what it would cost to have it tested?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks ! SO approx 90$/month for "only" the pge2 ( for minoxidil-like results :D ?) no, i hope it's better than minoxidil..but yeah, if alibaba could be trusted seller, 500$ for 1g would be good....

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks ! SO approx 90$/month for "only" the pge2 ( for minoxidil-like results :D ?) no, i hope it's better than minoxidil..but yeah, if alibaba could be trusted seller, 500$ for 1g would be good....

I never tried minoxidil, but it might be better since their is no shed or skin sides.

Spice_Lord

My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks promising, have you thought about formulating this in a different way, possibly in oil? Oil can be crucial in delivering drug to the skin, and specifically can target the follicle better.

blighte

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks westonci, you are a legend. I'm currently using minoxidil and have just bought a dermastamp, I'm going to trial your method and see if it improves my results with minoxidil as well. I will most likely be moving onto seti/fevi+PGE2 method in the future (after the seti phase 2 results are released probably)

Kornel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got two questions to you Westonci:

1. Do you prepare fresh batches of pge2 in water EOD?
2. You said you hadn't seen any improvement while applying pge2 in ethanol. Don't you think that all regrowth comes from microneedling then?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've got two questions to you Westonci:

1. Do you prepare fresh batches of pge2 in water EOD?
2. You said you hadn't seen any improvement while applying pge2 in ethanol. Don't you think that all regrowth comes from microneedling then?

Yes pge2 degrades extremely quickely so you need to make fresh batches

I dermarolled alone for about 8 months in 2012 during the dermarolling craze on the baldtruthforum.

I didnt notice anything.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you know the PGE2 is legit?

I actually know the guy. Hes extremely reputable in the hairloss community. He doesnt want his identity revealed.

Im willing to bet my entire reputation on the line that his stuff is legit. Feel free to test it and publicly shame me if its not. Thats how certain i am its real stuff.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you give a monthly cost breakdown? I want to know if I can afford it.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
The email doesn't look that trustworthy, as if some privat guy can synth you PGE2. If you buy it i'd test it, but if it isn't PGE2 you cant do much about it since he accepts only crypto.
Also is the toxicity profile of PGE2 safe? You should question it before you get those chemicals systemic with a 1,5mm dermaroller