Microneedling Photo Results Summary

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do..With dutasteride, Minoxidil, Tretinoin, Adenosine, Stemoxydine, Licl, ketoconazole 2% Shampoo and GHK-CU ( Folligen lotions for Hair).

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely helps. My scalp feels a lot better and hair has a stronger feel the days after needling. Haven’t tried it with min
Nice. Unfortunately, the "feeling" of the scalp and hair does not equate to getting regrowth, which is what is behind directly asked in the question.
As someone who has been reading the large microneedling thread since the start, I am not aware of anyone who has achieved regrowth on needling alone. Every standalone needler hasn't reported regrowth. All responders are also using min or finasteride.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any female success stories on this thread? I had a quick browse and seems like it’s only men.

I wonder if that’s because women haven’t tried yet, or that it exclusively helps men..

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any women try this to be honest. If minoxidil works for women then I'm sure this will help women too.

I thought so too, however, Follica (which is effectively commercialized micro-needling) is only trialing this on men.

imsupercereal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Based on the sampling size of this thread, which topicals/supplements work best in conjunction with microneedling? Just as background, I used the Big 3 for 10 months with absolutely zero results (not even maintenance) before quitting.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@overpourgoodfortune

This thread needs an update bro, so many new good results posted in the microneedling thread these last months.

I have been crazy bush with work since about ~April... so haven't had time to follow the thread unfortunately. When I created this one and followed the large thread, I was in between work - so I made a job of this while I had the time :)

I was hoping someone else from the community would run with it afterwards.

If things quiet down enough in a couple months, I may pull some of the results together again.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been crazy bush with work since about ~April... so haven't had time to follow the thread unfortunately. When I created this one and followed the large thread, I was in between work - so I made a job of this while I had the time :)

I was hoping someone else from the community would run with it afterwards.

If things quiet down enough in a couple months, I may pull some of the results together again.

Am hoping you still making good progress with your needling...from memory you had quite a bit of success...

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Based on the sampling size of this thread, which topicals/supplements work best in conjunction with microneedling? Just as background, I used the Big 3 for 10 months with absolutely zero results (not even maintenance) before quitting.
Seti and minoxidil.
minoxidil is way more potent at regrowth, but seti reduces shedding by ~90%.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Doesn't do much then? Or is it only worth it with medication?

One of the published studies one the other thread looked at microneedling without and showed some regrowth. Think it was carried out in Brazil.
Anyway it does help just not as much as combined with minoxidil.
The hairlicoisly guy did a results video with before and after pictures on his YouTube channel (might be easier than trawling through pages upon pages), some of those were microneedling alone.

AlexT2009

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another micro needling positive result.
Male, 47,
Before (16 May 2019):
After (2 Sept 2019)

Attachments

• 20190516_074646.jpg
    20190516_074646.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 3,343
  • 20190902_231548.jpg
    20190902_231548.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 3,346

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we point to a ton of total non responders to micro needling? And if so what % would anyone estimate? Ive been doing 1mm about every 10 days and a .3-.5 with minor for about 6 months and haven't seen tremendous results, though I may be seeing some new healthy hairs lately. I have been doing aggressive massaging for about 3 weeks so that may be helping. Im considering buying up to a 1.5 however..

PRM

Reaction score
@overpourgoodfortune

You may want to add the results of the Brazilian study as well.
They just had monthly sessions and showed very good results IMO. The infusion of minoxidil (Case 1) during needling is quite unique. I find it also interesting that minoxidil was used only during needling and not daily (I believe) . Sadly the study was only done with two participants.

I live in Brazil and had the first MMP session last monday. You are correct, the doctor did the microneedling using minoxidil and growth factors. | didn´t want to put finasteride in the mix because i stopped it one year ago, after 22 years of usage. My second session will be in 30 days and the last one will be on december. It was very painful, but no blood,

After these three sessions, i will keep the treatment at home with a dermapen.

Btw, the photos i saw at her clinic were impressive. That´s why i decided to give it a chance. If i see results, i will post the pictures here at this great thread.

Oh, about the minoxidil, she asked to do not use for two days. Today i restarted.