Microneedling Photo Results Summary

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Spanishboy97 - The "New Needlers" portion isn't designed to only show those that are responsive. We can include non-responders there as well (there are some there right now that aren't showing much improvement in ~3 months, though it is early). Non-responders typically don't post photos either is another issue. I agree with the sentiment though - it should contain all photos for a clear understanding of success rates.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow this is crazy - and simaltaneously the most hope for regrowth I’ve had since I was caught up in the Brotzu hype 12-18 months ago. Thanks for your efforts. I guess it’s time to get on this train and see where it takes me..

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Added a new one from /r/tressless to this post: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ng-photo-results-summary.121072/#post-1776603

Big 3 for 8 months and then added in Needling for the last 6 months:

/u/hairhairhair2018

bCQs2aU.png

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best thread I’ve read in this forum. I’m going to have to read it more than once. Gomi is off the charts in his regimen. This may warrant clinical studies. It will take me a week to digest his approach. That said I use a dermapen and usually I go up to 1.5 mm. The top range is 2.5mm so today I tried 2.5.& sprinkled Minoxidil/finasteride topical. I have the consumer A7 Dr. Pen. It came with 12pt. I thought it was too dull so I bought 36pt cartridges. We hear the word stamping. I believe it just means holding your dermapen over one spot and putting little more pressure to that spot. So you can lightly go over scalp or stamp. I called Dr. Pen to inquire about a professional model. They have them for sale, I think about $750 or so with better motors & needles. They accept trade in’s on their models if want upgrade.
(302) 722-5068. I called and someone in LA actually answered phone.
I clean cartridges with a plastic toothpick & faucet water.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great thread!!!! Anyone have any tutorial videos on how to use derma pen correctly?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jakejr - Indeed. What I found interesting about Gomi's approach is that he does a lot of things around the 4 day mark after needling. That's usually when I'd start to peel/flake - so perhaps he's trying to accelerate the skin healing at that point.

@benjt2 - Thanks! Hopefully we can keep it up as a community now... or maybe even slice/dice the data and present it in different ways now.

@Jamesdunn - you can watch this video at the start of the microneedling FAQ thread to get an idea on technique.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we apply some healing lotion after? Really don't want my scalp to look like I've got some disease for days after lol