Microneedling Photo Results Summary | Page 5 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Microneedling Photo Results Summary

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by overpourgoodfortune, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Fastfuse

Fastfuse New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Regarding gomi’s photos, each one was taken 3 months apart from the other. I am Greek and he mentioned that in one one of his posts

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  2. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @Fastfuse - Thank you! I will update the post with that info :)

3. FutureSaitama

FutureSaitama Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Fortune, really awesome thread !

Will you include @Somebody 's results on this thread ? He is one of the best responders.

4. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey @FutureSaitama ! Yes. He was on my list to add, although I had trouble discerning his regimen and timelines for needling without having to read his entire success stories thread.

FutureSaitama likes this.
  5. FutureSaitama

FutureSaitama Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well, he was basically on the big 3,perilla leaves + dermarolling every day, from my understanding.

6. Rudi

Rudi Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am so glad that needing is so effective. Perhaps I get good results too. Unfortunately I cant handle minoxidil. Thus I have to use Trinov. Am waiting for CM-3 from Medipost. I want to use that together with rolling. If that is effective just monthly microneedling for maintenance after perhaps a year. That would be great.

7. Jakejr

Jakejr Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Microneedling seems to be a basis of quite of few regrowth results. We have heard lately of WNT. I have used few bottles of it with no discernible results. However as I was researching I came across corelation between the two. About 12 years ago researchers were noticing hair follicle regrowth, sometimes double regrowth in mice whose skin was cut. They were researching wound healing I believe & just noted as an aside hair follicles were regenerating. They postulated WNT ( growth factors) proteins were being activated to heal the wounds & regenerating new hair follicles. Seems there are 20 different WNT growth factors in the epidermal skin.
    So now I’m experimenting, after microneedling to put some WNT topical on scalp. This I think is crux of how microneedling is related to WNT, and why it’s effective.

8. Rolandconil

Rolandconil Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You're right. WNT plays a large role in the creation of new follicles. Perhaps the Follica device will be released at the same time with sm04554.
    where do you get the WNT?

9. Jakejr

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Amazon/Ebay
    Have WNT Act topical
    Closest thing I can find.

10. Jakejr

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    There’s a place called Hair Cycle that has WNT ACT for 50% OFF.
    Just ordered two.

11. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Another week and the results keep rolling in… !

Added progress photos from new needlers @Drextez, @LowHairLine and @Tinkwetax to this post:
    @Tinkwetax - 4.5 months Progress:

@Drextez - 3 months Progress:

@LowHairLine - 2 months progress:

Added 2 month progress on crown from new needler @jccj to this post:
    Also added an impressive 9 month progress update from @NarWhal7 to this post:
    Added my own (@overpourgoodfortune) 3 month update to this post:

12. Jakejr

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Great to see the Significant microneedling results as the centerpiece of hair regrowth regimens! Boys, I think we are on to something. Microneedling stimulates the scalp. Obviously, bringing more circulation, epidermal growth factors, no doubt, breaking up calcification. The scalp is injured slightly, but it’s amazing how quickly it heals.
    Next step is to keep scalp clean. Reduce DHT/androgens/sebum/oiliness.
    I believe the follicle want to naturally form a strong, vibrant hair, but gets ‘poisoned’ by the usual suspects. For some men no need to do anything—their follicles are resistant to withstand the onslaught of deleterious growth influences.
    For myself & others only choice is to fight back.
    Microneedling is analogous to aerodating a lawn for better growth. The science says it works. The results prove it.
    Now it’s a matter of getting better results vis-a-vis healthier grooming habits, and a mitigation of negative hair growing internal chemistries
    Next we will tackle grey/white hair, how the hair shaft bleaches itself from the inside out with hydrogen peroxide in a common biological process. Scientists are researching that as well, but that’s for another time/topic

Jamesdunn and Tinkwetax like this.
  13. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What is your diet like? Any supplements?

14. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Diet isn't too bad now. I used to eat more unhealthy with my last job (prior to last August)... I would eat a lot more fast food. I mostly work from home now, so there's less fast food easily accessible. Doesn't mean I eat clean exactly ... but I'm also not hitting burger joints every other day either.

I take a GNC multivitamin, Vitamin D3 + K2, and Biotin. I live in Canada ... so require higher dosing of D3 during winter months since it is impossible to produce enough naturally due to lack of sun exposure.

15. Rocknroutlaw

Rocknroutlaw Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This sounds like a feasible approach. I have unfortunately not seen more than maintenance after 1.5 years of microneedling 1.5-2mm using Derminator, quite possibly because I have already exhausted the peak growth benefits from Finasteride before I began needling, so the best I can hope for is maintenance. I intend to continue, as it is relatively cheap (the only on-going cost being needle cartridges from Derminator), and it helps keeping the scalp healthy, less oily, and hopefully stronger existing hair.

Just out of interest, why do you think applying WNT topical beats Minoxidil? I see the WNT topical contains natural DHT blocker+biotin etc. I already take oral biotin, and the Minoxidil I use contains azelaic acid, so I wonder if WNT could do anything different for me?

#95 Rocknroutlaw, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    dermaroller666 and LowHairLine like this.
  16. Capone

Capone Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    1.5 years? Wow, safe to say it doesn’t work for everyone.

17. Rocknroutlaw

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Indeed :/ I understand that nothing works for everyone, and the only way to find out is to research the validity of the mechanism of each treatment and give it a try. In fact , I did read one user having experienced what appeared to be a shed which never grew back after a session of microneedling in a salon. I suspect in his case those shedded hair were already on their way out though.
    I do not believe microneedling should cause any harm (if carried out correctly). To this day, I still say to anyone wanting to begin tackling their hair loss try the big 3 as well as microneedling.

Rudi likes this.
  18. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you had maintenance with microneedling alone for 1.5 years, I would say that's a big success.

19. Rocknroutlaw

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was on Finasteride/Minoxidil prior to starting microneedling, and still going, so I'm afraid I cannot realistically quantify the benefits from microneedling alone.After years of seeing only darkened isolated vellus hair, I went for the transplant route.
    Still on-going with the same regiment, but needling the crown only where the work was not done.

Pigeon likes this.
  20. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Probably related to some of the work by Dr. Cotsarelis (of Follica). While I'm sure there is way more to his statement than we can understand, he says:

“When cells move in to close a wound, they are trying to make a decision: Should I make epidermis or should I make a hair? If there is a lot of Wnt around, they choose to become hair follicles.”