Microneedling Photo Results Summary

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am so glad that needing is so effective. Perhaps I get good results too. Unfortunately I cant handle minoxidil. Thus I have to use Trinov. Am waiting for CM-3 from Medipost. I want to use that together with rolling. If that is effective just monthly microneedling for maintenance after perhaps a year. That would be great.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling seems to be a basis of quite of few regrowth results. We have heard lately of WNT. I have used few bottles of it with no discernible results. However as I was researching I came across corelation between the two. About 12 years ago researchers were noticing hair follicle regrowth, sometimes double regrowth in mice whose skin was cut. They were researching wound healing I believe & just noted as an aside hair follicles were regenerating. They postulated WNT ( growth factors) proteins were being activated to heal the wounds & regenerating new hair follicles. Seems there are 20 different WNT growth factors in the epidermal skin.
So now I’m experimenting, after microneedling to put some WNT topical on scalp. This I think is crux of how microneedling is related to WNT, and why it’s effective.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling seems to be a basis of quite of few regrowth results. We have heard lately of WNT. I have used few bottles of it with no discernible results. However as I was researching I came across corelation between the two. About 12 years ago researchers were noticing hair follicle regrowth, sometimes double regrowth in mice whose skin was cut. They were researching wound healing I believe & just noted as an aside hair follicles were regenerating. They postulated WNT ( growth factors) proteins were being activated to heal the wounds & regenerating new hair follicles. Seems there are 20 different WNT growth factors in the epidermal skin.
So now I’m experimenting, after microneedling to put some WNT topical on scalp. This I think is crux of how microneedling is related to WNT, and why it’s effective.
You're right. WNT plays a large role in the creation of new follicles. Perhaps the Follica device will be released at the same time with sm04554.
where do you get the WNT?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s a place called Hair Cycle that has WNT ACT for 50% OFF.
Just ordered two.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another week and the results keep rolling in… !

Added progress photos from new needlers @Drextez, @LowHairLine and @Tinkwetax to this post:
@Tinkwetax - 4.5 months Progress:

Left Side:
aGKVdhy.jpg

Right Side:
yjhxiFO.jpg

@Drextez - 3 months Progress:

Before:
oxbaagU.png

After 3 months:
8jJqkiw.png

@LowHairLine - 2 months progress:

@MONTH 1

Shed / below baseline;

@MONTH 2

DENSITY = still slightly below baseline;
NO cosmetically relevant results (therefore B/A pics irrelevant);
NEW VELUS @ Temples:

- were slick bald before like lower-right area in pic (I know cause scrutinizing them closely many years now);
- Velus barely visible / NOT cosmetically relevant: dedicated lighting and viewpoint necessary for pic;
- "before" shot not relevant due to above;

Yy4AzpI.jpg

SKIN = Rejuvinated:

- unexpectedly early & obvious needling "side effect" (!);
- Skin Pores = dramatically smaller:

compare NON-Needled pores on bottom Vs Needled ones near hairline on Pic below;

- Wrinkles = substantially reduced;
- Skin Tone = younger looking / pinkish;
- needling greatly overpowers any MINOXIDIL ageing effects;
- introduced full face needling due to these (unplanned) results;

W56lfbd.jpg

NEW HAIR

- probably just the shed 1st month hair regrowing;
- all the same length @ approx. 7mm:

visible on photo cause "pointing left", while the older long hair is being held to the Right:

Ma6MRE0.jpg

FLAKING = disappeared after switching from PEN to DERMINATOR (!)
SIDES = noticed only when applying topicals immediately after needling - now waiting at least 4, better 6 hours;

Added 2 month progress on crown from new needler @jccj to this post:

Also added an impressive 9 month progress update from @NarWhal7 to this post:

Added my own (@overpourgoodfortune) 3 month update to this post:

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great to see the Significant microneedling results as the centerpiece of hair regrowth regimens! Boys, I think we are on to something. Microneedling stimulates the scalp. Obviously, bringing more circulation, epidermal growth factors, no doubt, breaking up calcification. The scalp is injured slightly, but it’s amazing how quickly it heals.
Next step is to keep scalp clean. Reduce DHT/androgens/sebum/oiliness.
I believe the follicle want to naturally form a strong, vibrant hair, but gets ‘poisoned’ by the usual suspects. For some men no need to do anything—their follicles are resistant to withstand the onslaught of deleterious growth influences.
For myself & others only choice is to fight back.
Microneedling is analogous to aerodating a lawn for better growth. The science says it works. The results prove it.
Now it’s a matter of getting better results vis-a-vis healthier grooming habits, and a mitigation of negative hair growing internal chemistries
Next we will tackle grey/white hair, how the hair shaft bleaches itself from the inside out with hydrogen peroxide in a common biological process. Scientists are researching that as well, but that’s for another time/topic

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another week and the results keep rolling in… !

Added progress photos from new needlers @Drextez, @LowHairLine and @Tinkwetax to this post:
@Tinkwetax - 4.5 months Progress:

@Drextez - 3 months Progress:

@LowHairLine - 2 months progress:

Added 2 month progress on crown from new needler @jccj to this post:

Also added an impressive 9 month progress update from @NarWhal7 to this post:

Added my own (@overpourgoodfortune) 3 month update to this post:

What is your diet like? Any supplements?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your diet like? Any supplements?

Diet isn't too bad now. I used to eat more unhealthy with my last job (prior to last August)... I would eat a lot more fast food. I mostly work from home now, so there's less fast food easily accessible. Doesn't mean I eat clean exactly ... but I'm also not hitting burger joints every other day either.

I take a GNC multivitamin, Vitamin D3 + K2, and Biotin. I live in Canada ... so require higher dosing of D3 during winter months since it is impossible to produce enough naturally due to lack of sun exposure.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This sounds like a feasible approach. I have unfortunately not seen more than maintenance after 1.5 years of microneedling 1.5-2mm using Derminator, quite possibly because I have already exhausted the peak growth benefits from Finasteride before I began needling, so the best I can hope for is maintenance. I intend to continue, as it is relatively cheap (the only on-going cost being needle cartridges from Derminator), and it helps keeping the scalp healthy, less oily, and hopefully stronger existing hair.

Just out of interest, why do you think applying WNT topical beats Minoxidil? I see the WNT topical contains natural DHT blocker+biotin etc. I already take oral biotin, and the Minoxidil I use contains azelaic acid, so I wonder if WNT could do anything different for me?

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds like a feasible approach. I have unfortunately not seen more than maintenance after 1.5 years of microneedling 1.5-2mm using Derminator, quite possibly because I have already exhausted the peak growth benefits from Finasteride before I began needling, so the best I can hope for is maintenance. I intend to continue, as it is relatively cheap (the only on-going cost being needle cartridges from Derminator), and it helps keeping the scalp healthy, less oily, and hopefully stronger existing hair.

Just out of interest, why do you think applying WNT topical beats Minoxidil? I see the WNT topical contains natural DHT blocker+biotin etc. I already take oral biotin, and the Minoxidil I use contains azelaic acid, so I wonder if WNT could do anything different for me?
1.5 years? Wow, safe to say it doesn’t work for everyone.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5 years? Wow, safe to say it doesn’t work for everyone.

Indeed :/ I understand that nothing works for everyone, and the only way to find out is to research the validity of the mechanism of each treatment and give it a try. In fact , I did read one user having experienced what appeared to be a shed which never grew back after a session of microneedling in a salon. I suspect in his case those shedded hair were already on their way out though.
I do not believe microneedling should cause any harm (if carried out correctly). To this day, I still say to anyone wanting to begin tackling their hair loss try the big 3 as well as microneedling.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had maintenance with microneedling alone for 1.5 years, I would say that's a big success.
I was on Finasteride/Minoxidil prior to starting microneedling, and still going, so I'm afraid I cannot realistically quantify the benefits from microneedling alone.After years of seeing only darkened isolated vellus hair, I went for the transplant route.
Still on-going with the same regiment, but needling the crown only where the work was not done.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
... Just out of interest, why do you think applying WNT topical beats Minoxidil? I see the WNT topical contains natural DHT blocker+biotin etc. I already take oral biotin, and the Minoxidil I use contains azelaic acid, so I wonder if WNT could do anything different for me?

Probably related to some of the work by Dr. Cotsarelis (of Follica). While I'm sure there is way more to his statement than we can understand, he says:

“When cells move in to close a wound, they are trying to make a decision: Should I make epidermis or should I make a hair? If there is a lot of Wnt around, they choose to become hair follicles.”

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably related to some of the work by Dr. Cotsarelis (of Follica). While I'm sure there is way more to his statement than we can understand, he says:

“When cells move in to close a wound, they are trying to make a decision: Should I make epidermis or should I make a hair? If there is a lot of Wnt around, they choose to become hair follicles.”

Interesting! I guess my cells have mostly decided to make epidermis lol. I might give WNT a try; I can't see what harm it could possible cause.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rocknroutlaw Possibly :) I am curious... with your long term needling did you ever experience shedding skin? (Peeling/Flaking)?

I had no problems at all.
Before having ever touched the scalp with needles, I had some itch and occasionally so bad that I ended up scratching it and picking the scabs which of course just kept forming again, creating a cycle of bad habits. You can imagine how skeptical I was about needling, fearing this would have got worse, but quite the opposite.
Since I got that under control (refrained from touching the scalp completely), I started dermarolling. First with 0.5mm, then went up to 1mm stamping, then since 1.5yr ago using Derminator 1.5-2mm for proper wounding. So far I have never had any issues...it's amazing how quickly scalp heals.