Merry Christmas to all

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Wishing all my fellow baldies a very merry x-mas, and a happy new year. :) May the new year bring you happiness (and hopefully more hair)! As for me I'm trying not to think about baldness too much this holiday, and rather focus on the positive things in my life (yes, there are positive things happening for me for once). It's always in the back of my mind though. I'm not going to lie, the holidays would be 1000x better with a full head of hair, and life in general would be so much better. But nevertheless I'm going to enjoy the holidays this year, to make up for last year when I was super depressed over my hair loss. I'm hoping that you guys can focus on the holidays too, and not just your lack of hair. Enjoy family and friends, and good food. I'm wishing you all well.

xoxo:santa:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
387sB9g.jpg

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

EvilLocks

Reaction score

Lol, I'm impressed :) God Jul / Merry christmas!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 37071

Merry Christmas everyone!

I know how you feel, I don't have many friends either. I lost a lot of friends when I became forever alone because of my depression over hair loss. Thankfully I have a few left, so I'm not totally excluded from the social life.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy your holidays, friends or not. :) Merry x-mas Captain Forehead!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
What are the positive things happening in your life that you alluded to Evillocks?

It's always good when someone in this depressing forum has something positive happen to them.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not so much of a Holiday person. And to be honest, I had a terrible Christmas last year.

When ever I have dreams, and it could be of anything, I always have my original Norwood 1 density and hairline while being the same person I am today. In those dreams, I actually feel alive, complete, and life is just good the way it is; however, it never feels that way when I'm awake. I have indeed had a few dreams about my hair loss, but they're always nightmares with other bad things going on.

Hopefully having extra days off while bring good things, but I highly doubt it. What I do look forward to is next year bringing better treatments for hair loss, but once again I highly doubt it. All what we can do is wait in silence and loneliness for something that may never come. As uncomfortable man stated before, we will never be allowed relief as long hair loss exists.

Merry Christmas, EvilLocks. :santa:

EvilLocks

Reaction score
What are the positive things happening in your life that you alluded to Evillocks?

It's always good when someone in this depressing forum has something positive happen to them.

I've landed a part time job as a graphic designer. Which suits me well, since graphic design has always been a passion of mine. I've also started doing some art again (photography and drawing), after a long period of absence because of my depression over hair loss. In addition to this I've started going out more, and having somewhat of a social life again. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that my extensions help me getting out there. I've noticed that I still get attention from men (probably because when I wear my extenions - which is 24/7 - my hair loss is not as noticeable). All in all I'm enjoying the little things in life now, when before there was nothing but darkness and suicidal thoughts. I still get them from time to time - and hair loss is always in the back of my mind, but the depression is not as strong as before. I think this has to do with the fact that I'm on psychiatric medication (even though I hate it!).

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
This is very good EvilLocks, congratulations on the new gig!
Work is always good, it allows us to focus on something else.

Do you have a degree in design?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
As uncomfortable man stated before, we will never be allowed relief as long hair loss exists.

Merry Christmas, EvilLocks. :santa:

That is true. No matter what I'm doing, where I am or who I'm with, hair loss is always on my mind. It spoils everything else, making it impossible to be truly happy. All I can hope for now is being somewhat content with my life, but I know true happiness is only possible with a full head of hair. I'm hoping and praying for the cure of course, but realistically speaking I know we probably have to wait a long time - if it even comes in our lifetime (or ever).

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

EvilLocks

Reaction score
This is very good EvilLocks, congratulations on the new gig!
Work is always good, it allows us to focus on something else.

Do you have a degree in design?

Thank you :D

Actually I started a degree in graphic design, but was only able to finish the first of three years because my hair loss happened and as you know it hit me hard. So I was lucky to get this job - without a degree.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Actually I started a degree in graphic design, but was only able to finish the first of three years because my hair loss happened and as you know it hit me hard. So I was lucky to get this job - without a degree.

Might need your help with finding a job in design if I ever decide to go through with plans on moving to Norway....

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

You planning on completing the degree?

And double congratulations on getting the job without a degree!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is true. No matter what I'm doing, where I am or who I'm with, hair loss is always on my mind. It spoils everything else, making it impossible to be truly happy. All I can hope for now is being somewhat content with my life, but I know true happiness is only possible with a full head of hair. I'm hoping and praying for the cure of course, but realistically speaking I know we probably have to wait a long time - if it even comes in our lifetime (or ever).

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

I know exactly what that's like, hair loss always being at the back of your mind even when you're not thinking about it. Life just isn't the same without a full head of hair. I think what seems more realistic are treatments that will maintain and keep a perfect full head of hair on anyone including to bringing all hair back on slick bald individuals. Perhaps Histogen and Replicel will do that? Who really knows, and I honestly don't think a real cure will ever become a reality unless some sort of miracle happens.

Happy Holidays. :)

Do you have a job Agustin? What kind of work do you do?

Yes, I have a job. It's manufacturing, I'm currently a laser operator.

Last edited:

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EvilLocks, you've come a long way since you've joined here, and you're ending 2015 on a higher note than the previous year. That's my girl! Your parents have got to be feeling better too, seeing you pursue your passion for art and socializing again. I'm proud that you did whatever it took (meds, extensions) to get where you are now. Be proud of yourself too. xo :)

From one of my favorite Christmas songs (ELP's "I Believe in Father Christmas"), from my heart, to all of you:

"I wish you a hopeful Christmas,
I wish you a brave new year.
All anguish, pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear."

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 37071

Merry Christmas everyone!

CF, I would be honored to be your friend, and I'm not just saying that because we're probably worlds apart and it would never happen in real life. There are some women who truly see with their hearts. I wish I did that more when I was younger.

- - - Updated - - -

Might need your help with finding a job in design if I ever decide to go through with plans on moving to Norway....

I think you'd make a great couple!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair loss talk is now a dating site

who would have thought hahaha

i got myself a vaporizer for christmas, time to be healthier about getting high lol. it will also save weed so thats good.

i hope you guys are having a nice holiday, i used a virtual reality headset recently. it was ****ing amazing. if a baldness cure doesnt pan out then i can always just get that virtual reality set up, its only gonna get better considering that was just a cheap $100 model

it looked totally real, the scale and how it moved when you moved your head. the only thing that gave it away was that it was slightly blurry, about 480p or DVD quality

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like this thread. We are all part of the community and know each other to an extent. Happy holidays to all and may the new year bring happiness ( of course it includes hair!).

blackg

Reaction score
That ya, Evil!!! I wish y'all on this site a good Christmas, I really do.
But I hate this time of year. So much is expected of ya, hahahaha...
I'm speaking in general terms here.

Reaction score
Great expectations for these days of the years. Wish you cheer in these last hours of preparation for these holidays and great holidays with family and friend. I like Christmas more than any other holiday of the year. I like all the planning and preparation and all the calm and joyful times with family.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
You planning on completing the degree?

I don't know, I can't really see myself being a student again, and being surrounded by fullheads my own age. I would just feel so out of place. If I can keep this job I'll be happy with that, and there won't be any need for a degree really.

- - - Updated - - -

EvilLocks, you've come a long way since you've joined here, and you're ending 2015 on a higher note than the previous year. That's my girl! Your parents have got to be feeling better too, seeing you pursue your passion for art and socializing again. I'm proud that you did whatever it took (meds, extensions) to get where you are now. Be proud of yourself too. xo :)

Thanks, Joan! Yes, my parents are feeling a lot better, as they can see I'm not as sad anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad, just not THAT miserable like I was not too long ago. I am proud of myself actually, for surviving baldess this far. I don't know what the future holds but I can only hope that IF the time comes when I'll need a wig, I'll learn to live with it. But I don't want to think about that too much, and try to enjoy now that I can get away with extensions. Anyway, a very merry Christmas to you! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I'll see what I can do ;) Norway really is a good country though, so I can see why you are thinking of moving here. Peaceful, not crowded, great nature... Yeah I'm happy to be living in Norway. Besides the fact that everything is expensive here I'm not complaining about that.