Men With Beards More Attractive To Women....offsets Baldness?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love a good beard but I think we all expect to look like this:

6970df84bd2dfdea5b5e270c7e93ff50-beard-pictures-sexy-beard.jpg

but the beard ends up looking closer to this:

shutterstock_184770107.jpg

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
with pronounced hair loss or a shaved clean head, the dome appears rather large, having a beard can make it look less pronounced by visual illusion.

a beard also makes the lower jaw look larger.

rexfeatures_4913381ak.jpg

Tyson-Fury-Deontay-Wilder-742306.jpg

research like that isn't new, nor does it seem non-intuitive either; most cultures around the world see the growth of a beard as the demarcation between boy and man. The periods were clean shaven faces on men were preferable in civilized society actually seem aberrant and short lived.

Theres some cultural variance of course (I've talked with a vietnamese girl who said that vietnamese women tend to say men with beards particularly in reference to foreigners, look like "con ho" which is a tiger... the description isn't necessarily negative/unattractive but the implication is they look dangerous/scary. Chinese express similar feelings but also tend toward the negative such as feeling that bearded faces are dirty/low class), but i would say the trend in general globally is to see beards as masculine vs clean faces as feminine or at the very least neotenous (child like).

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is why I found the study interesting, because my personal impression was that it was more comfortable for the girl and more tactile pleasurable for the guy kissing without whiskers. When I did have a short beard, it left some mild irritation around my GF lips the next day. Although she didn't say anything, I thought, that couldn't have been enjoyable. Of course the "attraction to" could be a separate issue entirely from the after effects of.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beard seems to come in and out of fashion in the West. I remember that it was considered old looking when I was just 20 years old, now the hipster movement brought it back.

I wear a beard to offset my small chin and lack of hair on the scalp...while I still had hair I would shave it and look 20 years younger...oh well.

u101

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that a beard can look good, but it's all dependent.

Personally I can grow a thick beard, but it's super ginger and ages me 5+ years, so it's a no for me, I just leave stubble.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a bald or buzzed guy with a strong beard and facial features can look pretty good. The problem is when the beard is thick and the hair on top is diffuse or comb over, it looks like compensation at that point. With the buzz (ideally with some density) it looks more like a style. With a comb over or diffuse loss it accentuates the difference between the thick beard (assuming this) and the lack of thickness on top. Ultimately beards look best with a full head of hair.

A beard can hide poor facial features to an extent (if only the lower 1/3 is an issue) but then you get pigeon holed as someone who only looks good with a beard. I always swap between clean shaven/stubble or a light thick beard. I'll never go beyond as it can look messy and will also hide your face. Once the beard is long it looks unattractive to girls even when the grooming is spot on.

415472ba1c42d9d74863f75450afa6d1--tv-actors-man-crush.jpg

Frank-Grillo.jpg

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
for me i just hate the way a beard feels on the face, that itchy scratchy feeling is just terrible.
i have never grown more than 6 days stubble and that was when i was dope sick.
does this itchyness go away?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sported the Walter White style during the Breaking Bad series just for the hell of it. Not itchy once it grows out but no growth feels comfortable on the neck in my opinion so I always keep that shaved.

image.jpeg

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit.

A real life conversations of mid 20s girls at university:

"You see that guy, he has such a big beard to compensate his hair loss (The poor guy was only NW2 and is an actor at university theater dclub). I hate bald guys, they must be hairy as f***, eww: Then they complimented a mid 20s guy who is NW0 and looks like a teenager, they said that he was cool.

Another one, kinda related:
It would suck if I marry a bald man, I don't want to shine his bald dome.

Sources: Real life.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit.

"You see that guy, he has such a big beard to compensate his hair loss (The poor guy was only NW2 and is an actor at university theater dclub). I hate bald guys, they must be hairy as f***, eww: Then they complimented a mid 20s guy who is NW0 and looks like a teenager, they said that he was cool.

I guess hair for women is like big tits for men. Everyone says they want full heads of hair and giant tits.
Bald guys and flat women get married nonetheless.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess hair for women is like big tits for men. Everyone says they want full heads of hair and giant tits.
Bald guys and flat women get married nonetheless.

well i'd say hair is massively more important than titties. i never cared much about titties, big or small. i'd say hair is like the equivalent of a nose on a woman. a bald man is like a woman having a massive, huge, humped nose with a wart on it; imagine if there were some condition that made womens noses grow and get warty that was as common as baldness.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Bullshit.

Baldness in young people is so rare here that girls don't even think of bald men.
If they see bald guy in college,99% girls will think that guy is some lecturer/assistant professor.