Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness, Advice Desperately Needed.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate all the insight. I know about the issues with finasteride which gives me pause. Anyone think my hairline looks like it can stay intact without it?

only time will tell , but if your hairloss is like mine , you will lose some density at some point and temples will go back further (the temple points) with some vertex thinning

again try LLLT to start with at a clinic (it’s safe) then if needed go on more advanced treatments

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much does that cost? I will look into it. And any thoughts on the vitamins I am taking vs. those phyllotex zinc pills? Also just curious what is your family history like? My Dad is an NW2 with a lot of density for his age (59) and my maternal grandfather is a thinning NW3/3.5 at 85, but he still has hair. Definitely would not be considered bald by any stretch and still dyes it even. Just curious how yours is compared to mine

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it look much different compared to my pics from 5 months ago??

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Figured I may as well post the six month... out of the shower and last one is done up.

Attachments

• DE148C6E-6C84-471E-9BEF-3ED876C94D6C.jpeg
    DE148C6E-6C84-471E-9BEF-3ED876C94D6C.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 127
  • E0031AB2-9889-4948-989D-64CCD86D5E77.jpeg
    E0031AB2-9889-4948-989D-64CCD86D5E77.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 53AF9BDE-4053-41F3-BBAF-95B2F632426B.jpeg
    53AF9BDE-4053-41F3-BBAF-95B2F632426B.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 133
  • D113D633-39B1-43A7-91A8-2B6CEC1E1CFE.jpeg
    D113D633-39B1-43A7-91A8-2B6CEC1E1CFE.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 77AF48C0-642D-4D76-8F7E-43D0F466D583.png
    77AF48C0-642D-4D76-8F7E-43D0F466D583.png
    518.5 KB · Views: 124

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does microneedling have any side effects? And why not finasteride? Not bad enough yet? Thanks man!
Hair loss doesn’t seem aggressive rn and don’t know if you have truly have male pattern baldness so that’s why I’m saying min if you are confirmed male pattern baldness then finasteride will keep your hair

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are losing hair but you might not be “balding” per se. I think you just have a deep widows peak. Of course, you never know if it will progress. But I personally think you got the classic George Lucas / Leo DiCaprio widows peak.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are losing hair but you might not be “balding” per se. I think you just have a deep widows peak. Of course, you never know if it will progress. But I personally think you got the classic George Lucas / Leo DiCaprio widows peak.
But if I'm losing hair is that not balding? I hope to have the Lucas/Dicaprio hairline, Dicaprio may or may not be on finasteride though. Lucas definitely isn't, but I feel like you're being nice because I think his looks better than mine. He has incredible hair for his age. Is there a way to foretell the progression?

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The depth of the corners freaks me out but some people say its just the NW2 with widow's peak settling. It's still incredibly thick. Wish there was a way of really knowing. Lucas's hairline would be great

Attachments

• 187895E9-3C08-4676-ACC1-A5BB187ED117.jpeg
    187895E9-3C08-4676-ACC1-A5BB187ED117.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 109

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
The depth of the corners freaks me out but some people say its just the NW2 with widow's peak settling. It's still incredibly thick. Wish there was a way of really knowing. Lucas's hairline would be great

you are balding I’m afraid

the corners are uneven, one side is more recessed than the other

that is a classic symptom of HairLoss

yes it’s thick but overtime it will thin out, where one side gets thinner than the other

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are balding I’m afraid

the corners are uneven, one side is more recessed than the other

that is a classic symptom of HairLoss

yes it’s thick but overtime it will thin out, where one side gets thinner than the other

your hairloss is exactly like mine

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your hairloss is exactly like mine
Oh jeez. So you don't see the George Lucas/Leo hairline comp the other guy made? As for your zix product, is it ok to take zinc in tablet form? I had been taking Phyllotex zinc pills for a while but stopped because I didn't feel like they did anything. I currently take a daily lineup of biotin, vitamin b complex with c in it, and d3. I asked my derm about LLLT and she said it had a very low percentage chance of working for most people.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh jeez. So you don't see the George Lucas/Leo hairline comp the other guy made? As for your zix product, is it ok to take zinc in tablet form? I had been taking Phyllotex zinc pills for a while but stopped because I didn't feel like they did anything. I currently take a daily lineup of biotin, vitamin b complex with c in it, and d3. I asked my derm about LLLT and she said it had a very low percentage chance of working for most people.

LLLT is like anything , you need to try it out to know if it works for you

I’ve been using it for over 2 years and have maintained

LLLT alone is not likely going to be enough, which is why I use Zix
Can’t advise of oral form , if it hasn’t worked orally than it’s worth looking at the topical solution

Ingredients are in the alternative section