Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness, Advice Desperately Needed.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Wanna meet up so i can kill you? I want you to die a horrible death. So tell me the place, i will hunt you down f****r"

I can't stop laughing for some stupid reason lol

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So went to Dermatologist. She said basically that as of this moment I had nothing to worry about, that my hair looks good and that it's probably just normal maturation. she took pictures with the camera and said the hairline showed no bad signs nor did anything on the crown. She said that it is good to be proactive as I am doing but that right now there was nothing concerning. She prescribed me these vitamins which I took and offered to prescribe me a 10% minoxidil mixed with finasteride, which I was hesitant on getting. I said no for now, mainly because of the price, but also because not sure I really need it based on her prior commentary. Not sure if that's the right decision. She said I had similar hair/hairline to like a Shawn Mendes, thick but with the definite widow's peak where the corners are further back. I guess not the worst prognosis.

Last edited:

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so just wanted to post some prog after a few weeks on the hair vitamins prescribed by the Doctor. This is out of the shower, hair is lightly damp but not wet, did one not pushed back and then pushed back to show hairline. Also posted one from during the day today to show what it looks like normally when styled. I use a blowdryer and paste which im wondering about re considering. I can def see miniaturization in my corners, but also may be baby hairs growing bc of the vitamins.

Attachments

• FEB78E27-18CD-4CE8-8948-D35490768A31.jpeg
    FEB78E27-18CD-4CE8-8948-D35490768A31.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 2D10281E-598A-4CF7-A6EA-3A25070F8914.jpeg
    2D10281E-598A-4CF7-A6EA-3A25070F8914.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 149
  • 5FE22495-5655-4215-B761-53A1C48497A1.jpeg
    5FE22495-5655-4215-B761-53A1C48497A1.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 147
  • C7331761-53C7-49E5-971D-5C01EBB1AF07.jpeg
    C7331761-53C7-49E5-971D-5C01EBB1AF07.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 040040C5-244A-4632-A246-5B6109429AB6.jpeg
    040040C5-244A-4632-A246-5B6109429AB6.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 151

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair reminds me of George Lucas'.
Wow! That's quite a compliment. I hope I hold on to my hair as well as he does. Ive noticed in my right corner i can kind of ser into the scalp a little, not sure if this is the natural fall growth cycle or what

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! That's quite a compliment. I hope I hold on to my hair as well as he does. Ive noticed in my right corner i can kind of ser into the scalp a little, not sure if this is the natural fall growth cycle or what
Personally I think you are just maturing. Your temporal hairline is not rounding at all, it is very straight, so that is a good sign. Just keep an eye on things every so often.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think you are just maturing. Your temporal hairline is not rounding at all, it is very straight, so that is a good sign. Just keep an eye on things every so often.
I appreciate it! When you say rounding, when you bald does it get like circular? I see what you mean about mine being straight, it has like sharp lines sort of. If it's just maturing then I don't mind personally, just don't want to lose the ability to do my normal swept back hairstyle.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate it! When you say rounding, when you bald does it get like circular? I see what you mean about mine being straight, it has like sharp lines sort of. If it's just maturing then I don't mind personally, just don't want to lose the ability to do my normal swept back hairstyle.
Yeah. It forms a big circular pattern with male pattern baldness. The temporal hairline is often overlooked.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. It forms a big circular pattern with male pattern baldness. The temporal hairline is often overlooked.
My left side is a tad circular idk if it shows in that photo, I can take one later. Might just be my anxiety making it more round to me not sure

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing head of hair.

Vitamins only grow new terminal hairs when you are severely deficient/malnourished which you likely are not.

Did your doctor use a dermatoscope to examine your scalp? Viewing hair under magnification is the only way to accurately determine the level of miniaturization, if any, that is occurring.
Hair transplant surgeons, trichologists, and dermatologists that specialize in hairloss all do this. Have it done once every year or two for peace of mind.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing head of hair.

Vitamins only grow new terminal hairs when you are severely deficient/malnourished which you likely are not.

Did your doctor use a dermatoscope to examine your scalp? Viewing hair under magnification is the only way to accurately determine the level of miniaturization, if any, that is occurring.
Hair transplant surgeons, trichologists, and dermatologists that specialize in hairloss all do this. Have it done once every year or two for peace of mind.
Thank you! She had an asst take pictures with what seemed like a high definition camera that could view the scalp. She didn't mention any miniaturization in her review and said it was more of a baseline to compare with a future visit. I asked if there were any signs of balding or receding in the corners of the hairline and she said there was nothing of any overwhelming concern at this point in time. She did suggest the minoxidil with finasteride in it for preventative but I didn't take it as I don't really think I am balding. But will definitely get it done yearly like you suggest, gotta keep track of it. Thank you!

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! She had an asst take pictures with what seemed like a high definition camera that could view the scalp. She didn't mention any miniaturization in her review and said it was more of a baseline to compare with a future visit. I asked if there were any signs of balding or receding in the corners of the hairline and she said there was nothing of any overwhelming concern at this point in time. She did suggest the minoxidil with finasteride in it for preventative but I didn't take it as I don't really think I am balding. But will definitely get it done yearly like you suggest, gotta keep track of it. Thank you!
Sounds good then. I wouldn’t recommend starting Finasteride until a proper diagnosis of Androgenetic Alopecia is confirmed. You don’t want to take it unless you absolutely need to. Be sure to thoroughly educate yourself on all aspects of Finasteride treatment so if/when that time comes you’ll be prepared to make a fully informed decision.

Joot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

this is my left side, does this look like the dreaded circular pattern to which you were referring?

Attachments

• 7264E464-21C3-4A01-BEF3-0005FEE33B4F.jpeg
    7264E464-21C3-4A01-BEF3-0005FEE33B4F.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 106