Mature Hairline Is Just A Myth 7 Words

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First pic: You have bdd bro, it just a maturing. Every man experience this.

Second pic: Oh he is bald.

If your receding, you will a bald man. Please dont believe sh*t like mature hairline.

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 728
  • images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 679

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
First pic: You have bdd bro, it just a maturing. Every man experience this.

Second pic: Oh he is bald.

If your receding, you will a bald man. Please dont believe sh*t like mature hairline.
It's a know fact that we all lose hair eventually some time in our life as we age. The term mature hairline is used to distinguish the difference between a juvenile hairline vs mature. The Norwood system was used to simplify the levels of balding that most all men will experience. Most people equate a NW2 as a mature hairline. Not everyone will go from a NW1 to a NW7.

LeeVanCleef

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairlines DO exist. I just have to look at family pics for proof. Both my grandfather's have been NW2 since there 30s and still have thick hair and never gone past NW2.5. Likewise my great grandfather who receded a bit but never thinned. Unfortunately I'm heading down my uncles NW3/vertex route, *sigh* but mature hairlines are definitely a thing. I can post pics of numerous famous examples of you still don't believe me.

Sure Clint Eastwood eventually went bald which shows that nothing is guaranteed...but you have to bare in mind he's approx 50 years old in the second pic and that level of hairloss is almost expected and a non issue. He still had insanely thick hair up until his mid 40s and has always looked great for his age. But yeah his case is a classic case of slow grade male pattern baldness.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
Mature hairlines exist and do not have to mean that you will end up bald. If this would not be the case than the male population would only exist out of Norwood 1's or NW5-7's with nothing in between.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairline is just a nice way of saying you're are a balding f*** face.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only 1% of men retain their juvenile hairline until they die, and not all of the 99% left go bald, you can draw your own conclusions from that. Inform yourselves, the information is free and available for everybody who has internet...

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only 1% of men retain their juvenile hairline until they die, and not all of the 99% left go bald, you can draw your own conclusions from that. Inform yourselves, the information is free and available for everybody who has internet...

I think %50 men keep their juvenile hairline. I see alot men with juvenile hairline outside.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love to have Clint’s hair at his age tbh

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think %50 men keep their juvenile hairline. I see alot men with juvenile hairline outside.

I said until they die, check the research and statistics available, it's actually 5% i was wrong

"About 5% of Caucasian men will keep their juvenile hairline their entire lives.

Most men won’t keep their young hairline, though. Instead, usually between the ages 17 and 30, most men will develop a mature hairline, a sign of getting older. A mature hairline occurs when the hairline moves back about a half inch to one inch from where it used to be. That’s all it is. A mature hairline is a completely natural occurrence for most men and not something to worry about.

Characteristics of maturing hairlines
Not all hairlines mature the same, just as all men don’t mature the same. Mature hairlines can occur gradually — to the point that it’s not even noticeable. Some men find it takes 10 years for their hairline to fully mature. On the other hand, some men might find their hairline receding more rapidly, and that’s why some worry it might be male-pattern baldness. Rapid recession can be a sign of a receding hairline, too. Luckily, there are some other characteristics of mature hairlines that set them apart from male-pattern baldness.

• The hairline usually moves back evenly. Though some men will experience an uneven transition to a mature hairline, most will find their hairline moves evenly over time.

• The hairline is only about one to 1.5 inches above your highest wrinkle. This is typically as far as a mature hairline will recede. If your hairline is about the width of your finger above the top wrinkle, you probably have a mature hairline. If it’s receding onto your scalp, it may mean balding.

• The shape is an M or a widow’s peak. An M-shaped hairline removes the round curves of the young hairline and makes a more defined hairline. Frequently, the hairline might create a widow’s peak. A widow’s peak is when there is a V of hair that remains farther down while the hair alongside it recedes more.
Maturing hairline vs. receding hairline
Maturing hairlines and receding hairlines—usually caused by male-pattern baldness—can often start very similarly, so it can be difficult to tell which is causing your hair loss. There are some things that set them apart that can be useful in identifying if your hairline is receding.

• Excessive hair shedding. While there is some hair loss with a maturing hairline, a receding hairline will have clumps of hair coming out, usually when showering or styling. It’s normal to lose 100 hairs a day, but if you’re losing more than that, you may be starting to bald.

• Extra recession on your temples. While a mature hairline does form an M, it’s usually not extremely pronounced. Even if your entire hairline is moving back, if you notice the areas around your temples moving even more, it may be a sign of balding.

• Small hairs beyond your hairline. While everyone has some smaller hairs in front of their hairline, a large amount of light, short hairs in front could mean you’re balding.
If you’re still unsure if your receding hairline is balding or maturing, or if you have other questions, you can check with a doctor. Doctors are able to view the hairs under a microscope to see what is causing your hairline to recede. They’ll also be able to tell if your receding hairline is male pattern baldness."

Last edited:

LeeVanCleef

My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is so unpredictable...for some NW3 is a "mature hairline".

Look at Lee Marvin in his mid 20s: http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8258/9689494_1.jpg?v=8CCF7DF13BE3EC0. If you saw a guy with that hairline you'd presume he'd be bald by his 40s, but here he is as an old man: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3XiuiynnTRc/maxresdefault.jpg.

Conversely look at Pep Guardiola in his mid 20s: https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/s...ola-timeline/large/7pepcaptain.jpg?1384968217. There's a guy you'd think would never go bald, but look at him in his early 40s: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Guardiola_2010.jpg.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is so unpredictable...for some NW3 is a "mature hairline".

Look at Lee Marvin in his mid 20s: http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8258/9689494_1.jpg?v=8CCF7DF13BE3EC0. If you saw a guy with that hairline you'd presume he'd be bald by his 40s, but here he is as an old man: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3XiuiynnTRc/maxresdefault.jpg.

Conversely look at Pep Guardiola in his mid 20s: https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/s...ola-timeline/large/7pepcaptain.jpg?1384968217. There's a guy you'd think would never go bald, but look at him in his early 40s: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Guardiola_2010.jpg.

Very true, good examples, very good

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Great examples of how hair loss is totally unpredictable in most cases.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh a senior guy has hairloss. Let's have a moment of silence for him.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said until they die, check the research and statistics available, it's actually 5% i was wrong

"About 5% of Caucasian men will keep their juvenile hairline their entire lives.

Most men won’t keep their young hairline, though. Instead, usually between the ages 17 and 30, most men will develop a mature hairline, a sign of getting older. A mature hairline occurs when the hairline moves back about a half inch to one inch from where it used to be. That’s all it is. A mature hairline is a completely natural occurrence for most men and not something to worry about.

Characteristics of maturing hairlines
Not all hairlines mature the same, just as all men don’t mature the same. Mature hairlines can occur gradually — to the point that it’s not even noticeable. Some men find it takes 10 years for their hairline to fully mature. On the other hand, some men might find their hairline receding more rapidly, and that’s why some worry it might be male-pattern baldness. Rapid recession can be a sign of a receding hairline, too. Luckily, there are some other characteristics of mature hairlines that set them apart from male-pattern baldness.

• The hairline usually moves back evenly. Though some men will experience an uneven transition to a mature hairline, most will find their hairline moves evenly over time.

• The hairline is only about one to 1.5 inches above your highest wrinkle. This is typically as far as a mature hairline will recede. If your hairline is about the width of your finger above the top wrinkle, you probably have a mature hairline. If it’s receding onto your scalp, it may mean balding.

• The shape is an M or a widow’s peak. An M-shaped hairline removes the round curves of the young hairline and makes a more defined hairline. Frequently, the hairline might create a widow’s peak. A widow’s peak is when there is a V of hair that remains farther down while the hair alongside it recedes more.
Maturing hairline vs. receding hairline
Maturing hairlines and receding hairlines—usually caused by male-pattern baldness—can often start very similarly, so it can be difficult to tell which is causing your hair loss. There are some things that set them apart that can be useful in identifying if your hairline is receding.

• Excessive hair shedding. While there is some hair loss with a maturing hairline, a receding hairline will have clumps of hair coming out, usually when showering or styling. It’s normal to lose 100 hairs a day, but if you’re losing more than that, you may be starting to bald.

• Extra recession on your temples. While a mature hairline does form an M, it’s usually not extremely pronounced. Even if your entire hairline is moving back, if you notice the areas around your temples moving even more, it may be a sign of balding.

• Small hairs beyond your hairline. While everyone has some smaller hairs in front of their hairline, a large amount of light, short hairs in front could mean you’re balding.
If you’re still unsure if your receding hairline is balding or maturing, or if you have other questions, you can check with a doctor. Doctors are able to view the hairs under a microscope to see what is causing your hairline to recede. They’ll also be able to tell if your receding hairline is male pattern baldness."

That's a good post you found somewhere, very true. The top wrinkle location and shape of a mature line are fool proof ways to differentiate it from a balding hairline. That's why surgeons design them with a wide V or U in such a way that it can never resemble an asymmetric receding hairline with random thinner spots. Some parts of the world do retain juvenile hairlines but admittedly most people mature.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mature hairline is still male pattern baldness, since it has been affected by androgens. Nevertheless, for many, it stops there...

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A small minority of men keeps their juvenile hairline. In most men it's lost by Age 16-17 without they even realize it...

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol you are delusional, majority of men get BALD, so you talking about juvenile hairline? I would say that the percentage of men keeping their juvenile hairline till late age (lets say 40s or 50s) is less than 8 percent.