Mathew McConahey

what

Established Member
Reaction score
This may have been discussed before, but, didn't turn up using a search...

I was looking through people magazine and came across a blurb on Mathew McConahey and how he's dealing with his hairloss. They showed before and after photos which showed some pretty damn impressive regrowth. However, the article failed to mention what he is using to treat his baldness with.

Does anyone know what he is using? or if he got hair implants?

The article claimed he's been very open about discussing his hairloss, so i figured maybe he's gone public with how he is treating it. Anybody know anything about it??

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I did a search, and came across a couple sites that claimed he used a product called Regenix. Then I went to their site, and they are posting clips from some interview on T.V. in regard to him using the product. Regenix is located at Cedar Sanai Medical Center in L.A, and it sounds like an expensive, enduring process to clense the scalp, letting hair start to regrow. Check it out guys and let's hear some feedback. I am a little skeptical as to whether or not it's worth the process they make you go through. :? Later.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the consensus is that he didnt get his regrowth from Regenix. Its just too good. He probably got some good FU transplants put in.

G

Yes i bet hes had an FUE plus more than likely hes had good results from propecia and more than likely minoxidil. This regenix thing is BS, i wouldnt be surprissed if hes getting payed by them to plug their stuff.

Pelican

Reaction score
As has been said elsewhere, the 'consensus' is that he's probably using the Regenix and/or some other treatments, but that the bulk of his regrowth is actually a good, costly implant job. It's better for him to claim he's "regrown his hair with treatment" than to admit he's got plugs. (Which is how many people will view transplants, regardless of of how good they are, and they'd then joke about him until the day he died.)

PopupPeter

Reaction score
The information on Demodex follicularum was quite interesting, makes my head itch just thinking about mites living inside my hair, it's obvious Mathew is being paid to promote this product. I wouldnt rule anything out when it comes to hairloss, its still a mystery why it happens but I definitley think he's had a transplant or he's responded very well to propecia and minoxidil, I wouldnt go so far as to say this stuff is bullshit though but they wont be getting my money thats for sure, not untill its got some solid proof of results.

morphuesX

Reaction score
guys..i had read this post on alt.baldspot newsgroup couple of months ago by some guy in showbiz..this should answer your questions abt matthew McConaughey'hair
I have a close friend at Paramount, which is releasing "How to Lose a
Guy in 10 Days," in which he stars. According to my pal, the studio
was extremely anxious about Matt's receding hairline after seeing the
first rushes of the film many months back and popped for an expensive
reweaving process, which must be re-worked every seven to ten days.
This is in addition to his regular Propecia treatments. Paramount
continues to pay for the procedure now, even though production on the
film long ago wrapped, so that Matt will have the same "full hair"
look while doing promos for the film, which opens 2/7. To date, the
studio has spent more than $100K on Matt's hair.

If you go to Paramount's website for the film, you'll see he's got
quite a thick head of hair now:

http://www.howtoloseaguymovie.com/

G

Hmmm...but that doesent explain the fact that in the crap movie Reign of fire he has his head shaved and his hairline looks really good.

tvtuna

Reaction score

yeh but.. don't you think he actually looks far cooler in Reign of Fire than in any other film where he does have hair, and he has a completely shaved head ( and a dodgy goatie, but... ignoring that ). I'm currently all for learning to cope and adjust my looks for hairloss until some sure-fire hit comes along that'll work for us all, and we all live happily ever after! I think 2003 will be a great year for hair. In the meantime, shaaaaavee it off.

[unrelated] I'm also sure he's had his nose fixed...

G

I have it on good authority that MM is:

Short
Abnoxious
Self centered

And now,

Balding!

Brucelee

rockstar

Reaction score
after looking at those before and afters i would agree with brucelee its a hair transplant!

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Grantspots said:
One word.

Money.

jerry grant

he rubbed money on his head???

where can i get this "money" and how much does it cost?