Masturbation/Sex & Hairloss

G

man shut the f*** up i get no love from typin like i talk so i gots to fuckin adapt.

G

DeD PreZ said:
man shut the f*** up i get no love from typin like i talk so i gots to fuckin adapt.

You are the laughing stock of this board. We have never had such an entertaining fellow!

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
I've tried semen retention from reading this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 6?v=glance

I've been working on it for the past 4 months. I still don't know about the effects on hair loss, I came to it for other reasons (basically a frustration at not enjoying sex as much as i wanted to, due to an obsession for "performance") but people who know and practice it are, in my opinion and little experience, onto something important.

What i learned is that, while orgasm and ejaculation are two mechanisms that usually happen simultaneously, you can actually dissociate both. Many men experience once in a while some ejaculation with little pleasure and, on the opposite, some great pleasure with no ejaculation during foreplay. This is because orgasm and ejaculation are two distinct mechanisms. What you learn from the book is to actually multiply orgasms while avoiding ejaculation.

As a result, love making becomes much more enduring and therefore more enjoying. And 2 weeks ago i came to a point where for the first time, premature ejaculation was not even an issue anymore. A domestic revolution for me and my girlfriend. But it takes some practice.

One other important thing to know is that semen retention is not harmful at all. During non-ejaculatory sex, semen dies as actual living sperm, but its separate constituents like zinc for example, remain in the body. So you don't lose any energy but actually increase it because of all the beneficial chemistry of accumulated pleasure.

Also if ejaculation makes hair loss worse (does it?), this different way of having sex provides a good solution for love making addicts like me.

bigjohnson

Established Member
Reaction score
i'll add something here. while i am not claiming to be able to prove anything about a link to wanking and hairloss i am not going to rule it out. i will be honest guys, i am a recovering sex addict and wanking addict. i'm now almost 30 with a nw2 however my hairline follows exactly that of my maternal grandfather and the same texture of my father, both who were nw3 at their oldest however i was an extreme wanking addict in my teens and early 20's probably because of the availability of internet p**rn which i'm positive let me reach much higher levels of arousal than my ancestors certainly did and perhaps accellerated my hairloss which i think is several years more advanced than my grandfather or father were at this age. i also made another observation, i have some friends with severe hairloss one who was a nw7 by age 24 another who was a nw3v with severe thinning in his early 20's and another who was a nw2 but basically completely bald diffuse wise by 25. all three of these friends were admittedly worse sex addicts than me.now my question is how many of you all are sex or wanking addicts too? keep in mind that if you have to get off everyday or jerk off more than once a day thats probably considered excessive, i watched an episode of "talk sex" with sue johannson and a caller asked if he wanked too much at 3 times a day and she was shocked and said that was indeed excessive. so how many of u have to whack off atleast once a day without fail or more than once? or perhaps wank off once but for a long time (as thats what i did) ?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
oh my god enough already with the sex/masterbation = male pattern baldness threads.

if u think its the cause or a factor then stop doing it. like all highs in life, do it in moderation. But stop with these threads. Its probably something we will never be able to prove conclusively. All this discussion is pointless and disgusting and boring.

save it for friday nights, and let it go. (heehee pun)

DarkDays

Reaction score
I think people are forgetting the prolactin connection(most likely because people have a boner for DHT). Masturbation increases prolactin and sex does so fourfold. Prolactin has been shown(albeit in mouse models) to inhibit hair growth.

Basically Prolactin is a very common reason women lose hair after giving birth. Their body starts making more prolactin(as it is the hormone that makes them lactate) and that in turn inhibits hair growth.

I do remember reading a study saying that people with alopecia(both men and women) have higher prolactin levels than those who are non-balding.

If people would stop focusing only on the DHT factor you would see that there are many other factors that contribute to hair loss and many of them are more common than one might assume. deficiency of zinc(lost through ejaculation) and magnesium is one common thing, higher copper and prolactin levels also. Lower progesterone than normal, excessive cortisol, and whatnot.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Back to the sex/hairloss saga again.

I will sacrafice all my hair for those of you bastards with unsatisified women but a full head of hair. Please send me a full body pic of your lady.

I promise they wont be screaming out, " oh my god, oh my god,.... your hair is soo good."

matthewdht

Reaction score
this is an important correlation, but are you saying high copper contributes to hair loss?

DarkDays said:
I think people are forgetting the prolactin connection(most likely because people have a boner for DHT). Masturbation increases prolactin and sex does so fourfold. Prolactin has been shown(albeit in mouse models) to inhibit hair growth.

Basically Prolactin is a very common reason women lose hair after giving birth. Their body starts making more prolactin(as it is the hormone that makes them lactate) and that in turn inhibits hair growth.

I do remember reading a study saying that people with alopecia(both men and women) have higher prolactin levels than those who are non-balding.

If people would stop focusing only on the DHT factor you would see that there are many other factors that contribute to hair loss and many of them are more common than one might assume. deficiency of zinc(lost through ejaculation) and magnesium is one common thing, higher copper and prolactin levels also. Lower progesterone than normal, excessive cortisol, and whatnot.

matthewdht

Reaction score
I've found supports to this claim. I starting to not think that DHT is the problem also supported by the fact that literally no one has really regrown substantial amounts of hair by using DHT blockers. We feel loss of libido, strength, etc from blocking DHT but not really substantial hair re-growth. I've been studying DHT for a few years and this is long enough to realize this and there has to be something else going on.

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/7/1 ... dness.html

I also searched Saw Palmetto and found contradicting reports as to if it blocks or raises Prolactin. I also found that eating, sleep, sex, masterbation, and meditation raise Prolactin since Prolactin seems to be the "feel good" hormone that says I feel good and don't need more (of sex, of eating, of sleep, etc.) along with Dopamine.

Here it says that Saw Palemetto lowers free testosterone and the size of gonads.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu21.htm

I'm just starting to learn about Prolactin and would like some well thought out, educated, and intelligent feedback.

Another analogy that can help us on the right track is that older teenage males have the situation we want: low fat, eat a lot, high sex drive, high testosterone, not much muscle bulk but have high muscle tone, full hair on head BUT NOT MUCH HAIR ON BODY. The last part lends to think that its a lot of free testosterone(maybe also low Prolactin) and low amounts of DHT.

It's also reported that Prolactin increases 400% more after sex than after masterbation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16095799

It's pretty clear that the one thing that goes hand in hand with hair loss is that it happens at the time when men become more sexual and masterbating more (teenage years and up) and having sex more (I would bet that most men have most sex when married which is in mid twenties to mid 30's, exactly when most hairloss starts.)

ice2613

Reaction score
i definitely agree with the prolactin argument. For everyone who's like o jackin off or sex have nothing to do with hair loss, that may be true for some, but for others it certainly has a lot to do with it. Especially if you're a diffuse thinner, it has alot more to do with other factors like cortisol and prolactin than just DHT.

I used to jackoff once a day and that is when i noticed alot of hair loss a few months down the line. The problem is, how do you lower prolactin if you already do all the natural crap they say like vitamins and eating right? I might try taking some bromocriptine after i have sex or jackoff (and i'm being completely serious).

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
next time before you want to masturbate or have sex, ask yourself do u want to go urinate or defecate first, after that, you will lose your sexual desires...i engage in sexual activity about once a week now and there had been no massive shed even after i stopped ru or propecia. just gotta control your desires before u can control your hairloss. take care of your body your body will take care of you. no need for drugs.

DarkDays

Reaction score
matthewdht said:
this is an important correlation, but are you saying high copper contributes to hair loss?

DarkDays said:

Quick search and most results say that Copper IUDs can cause increased serum prolactin. Since I doubt you are using IUD I can't really say whether copper is a factor, although copper is leeched from the IUD into a woman's body.

However, Zinc deficiency is usually caused by too much copper. You can also get deficient in copper by taking too much copper. This is actually a delicate see-saw between zinc and copper with manganese in the middle. I know for many places in the UK copper overload is common since a lot of the water piping uses copper and it leeches into the drinking water.

The thing is, too high copper OR zinc will cause hair loss, but so will deficiency in either.

The interesting part is that zinc is a vital mineral for a lot of other things such as insulin and if anyone remembers, insulin resistance and diabetes 2 seem to follow the Androgenetic Alopecia crowd around like a diseased dog. By eating a lot of carbs you can lose zinc faster.

DarkDays

Reaction score
I might add, higher prolactin levels are usually associated with either pregnancy or hypothyroidism. As is well known, hypothyroidism is well known as a cause of hair loss, the loss even following the "pattern" we see in both sexes.

Now, if you read around and stumble upon pages like stopthethyroidmadness.com you might see that hypothyroidism seems to be on a considerable rise in modern society.

My personal guess(which I'd love to see some studies about if they have been done) is that dht might be a reaction to a sluggish thyroid. That might explain why many who go on anti-dht internals start to experience a lot of the symptoms of hypothyroidism(excessive weight gain, depression, lessened libido, and so on).

But I admit it is just a guess.