Masturbation/Sex & Hairloss

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read in several posts about having to reduce sexual activity in order to retain testosterone levels therefore increasing retention time of telogen hairs. IMO, this is a bunch of bullshit, but I want to get it cleared up on this post. I lead a healthy sexual life (besides daily dosage of finasteride 1mg), and I want all experts knowledgeable in this field to clear up this matter on this post please...

XL :arrow:

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
So is testosterone lost when you ejaculate, or is some gained?

XL

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read once that serum testosterone increases during the sexual act, then decreases to normal a few minutes following an ejaculation.

How this might affect hairloss i have no idea.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm interesting...

XL

John Dizoe

Reaction score
I read about this too. Except it does more. Like it causes oily skin and scalp. and causes hair loss, causes laziness, always tired, little less sexual desire towards girlfriend. However, this is all due to EXCESSIVE MASTERBATION, like a couple of times a day. If you do it like once a week, i don't think it does anything. However, if you do it excessively, you are sexually exhausted, and you need a rest period. Go without a month if you can and see what happens.

Hpup83

Reaction score
john dizoe -- no offense, but i don't think spanking it twice a day is anywhere near "excessive" as you put it. Think of it this way... many couples have sex everday... sometimes twice or more a day. Is that "excessive" sex... i.e. ejaculation? I don't think so.

All that crap about masturbation is bullshit. Masturbation, no matter how often, is part of being a sexually healthy person.

peace.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think I could last a month without jacking off. It wouldent matter anyhow because after a week of abstinance I get nocturnal emissions. Dont deny yourself the pleasure of rubbing one out a few times a week.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
More than 30 days without stroking the shaft? My girfriend would chop my dick off and my own hand would choke me! :x Are you freakin nuts? I will at least try 14 days... anything after that is just plain pushin it...

XL :arrow:

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
i get off usually once or twice a day, whether alone or with help. i hardly think that's "excessive". i think chronic masturbation falls along the lines of people who do it 4 or 5 times a day.

PopupPeter

Reaction score
There are methods in which you can stop any semen loss when ejaculating, do you think this would have any effect, I myself never lose a drop these days as i've trained myself to hold it in with a small muscle inbetween your anus and testicals, sorta like when u need the toilet but have to hold it. I still experience all the sensations with vurtually no mess, I dont think it would do any good for contraceptive but I did read that in eastern culture they beleive that your c*m is your energy and if you lose too much its like bleeding your body dry.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Who else needs to pet the one-eyed snake daily to feel alive? LOL :lol:

XL

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I cant imagine holding in your jizz is good for you. I mean, its good for your prostate to clean the pipes. I bet your prostate is swollen like a football from all that excess jizz clogging it up.

fuzzbucket

Reaction score
Of course we want it to be bullshit, because we all love to do it! But seriously, is there any truth to this or what? Numerous web sites claim over-masturbation to be a factor:

http://www.herbolove.com/article.asp?art=62

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2008.html

http://www.actionlove.com/cases/case10155.htm

http://www.bgay.com/wellness/art/wa120302.htm

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=009bgv

http://www.lindqvist.com/index.php?newID=218

I'd like to hear more feedback about this.

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
don't hold it in

It can back flush into the bladder and cause big problems.

miket12

Reaction score
har har

It is crap. Well mostly.

Having sex/ masturbating is like working out which will increase testostorone. Perhaps the body reduces it just after sex to induce relaxed feeling. But these minor fluctuations will likely not affect hair growth or loss..

-mike

fuzzbucket

Reaction score
what they said was that excessive masturbation causes too much testosterone to be converted to DHT. I have no idea if this is true or not.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a joke to me. I mean how can your body tell if you are jerking off or f*****g? Is there a 'masterbation gland' that converts test to DHT? Give me a f*****g break.

fuzzbucket

Reaction score
Thinning said:
Sounds like a joke to me. I mean how can your body tell if you are jerking off or f*****g? Is there a 'masterbation gland' that converts test to DHT? Give me a f*****g break.

I think it's referring to excessive ejaculation in general, regardless of the method. "Excessive masturbation" being a symptom of obsessive behavior. No, there is no "masturbation gland." Your body won't know the difference between intercourse and masturbation. Supposedly, it takes about 36 hours to recover semen. 8O

Quoted from above online articles:

"Recent advance in the treatment of male pattern baldness have revealed that hair loss in males is directly related to DHT and the amount in your body. It is also an understanding that the production of DHT is related to sex and/or masturbation...Over-masturbation or over-ejaculation converts too much testosterone into dihydrotestosterone(DHT). High levels of DHT overload the body causing baldness and possible prostate enlargement if blood circulation is poor in the prostate area. Reducing the frequency of masturbation or ejaculation will help maintain low levels of DHT and avoid hair loss."

"Excessive ejaculation have converted excessive testosterone to DHT that has been trapped in the hair rooting cells and prostate where the blood circulation is poor, depleted your neurotransmitter acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin in the brain, and at the same time increased your dopamine-norepinephrine-adrenaline conversion in the brain and adrenal medulla, resulting in excessive sympathetic nervous functions...Excessive DHT in conjunction with a poor blood circulation results in excessive DHT Trapping by the DHT receptors to burn the hair roots and to enlarge thr prostate. DHT can overheat the body, particularly, hair rooting cells and the prostate, but you need DHT to stimulate your penile spongy tissues for a maximum erection...As a result, when the digestive system can not properly decompose and absorb the intake nutrients and the liver functions fails to produce sufficient enzymes in supporting the conversion of cholesterol to hormones and the conversion of amino acids to the neurotransmitters acetylcholine, dopamine, serototonin and GABA. Then, your body will fail to recharge its self via the acetylcholine/parasympathetic recharging system, and you start to experience the sexual exhaustion symptoms...Depletion of serotonin triggers the excessive dopamine-adrenaline conversion, and results in stress, anxiety, ADD, mood swinging, sleeping disorder (due to deficiency of melatonin), fatigue (a lack of hGH/DHEA due to sleeping disorder), and other psychological disorder. Excessive adrenaline triggers the sympathetic fires to burn out excessive energy, resulting in fibromyalgia syndromes. It causes dysfunctions of internal organs, and hair loss (too!). When excessive adrenaline in the neck or joints, moving your head and joints will produce "crack" sounds. It also causes contrition of arteries due to its excessive action on the alpha-2 receptors, and tension or rigidity of tissues, pains, spasms or aches in the body, stress urinary/bowel incontinence, penile shrinkage, and vaginal enlargement, due to its blockage on the Prostaglandin E-1 synthesis in the local tissues. You need ViaPal-hGH-M (3-014) to rejuvenate and stabilize your brain and nervous functions for your health and sex."

"Over masturbation deplete one's energy and strength. According to all religions and mystics, whether it is from Jew, Christian, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or Taoism, masturbation[/sex] is harmful to the body especially when the action is done excessively. There are many side effects of masturbation to the body - among them are fatigue, lower back pain, stress/anxiety, hair loss, weak erection, premature ejaculation, fuzzy vision, insanity, memory loss, headaches, acne, epilepsy and many more...Young people are always in the trap of over masturbation and it is very difficult for them to control semen ejaculation because the body will continue to produce sperm/semen; and the lust/sex urge can never be subsided. However, when they continue to do their habits in longer terms (for years), they will find that their body are so weak, their penis dysfunctional and their mood are always in depression." :roll:

Anyone with medical expertise have any comments?