Masturbation and DHT

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The article gett's pretty vague when it comes to connecting masturbation and hairloss. It doesnt mention the level of DHT created when masturbating or how much is needed to trigger male pattern baldness. It also fails to mention specifically what over-masturbating is? 2 times a day 2, times a year? Then at the bottom it claims that stress causes hairloss. We know that these are 2 different kinds of hairloss and only extreme stress the kind that gives you a heart attack or a mental breakdown can cause hairloss not ohh ive dropped my 1cent piece down the drain. Even then it's a different type of hairloss and usually growns back if the stress is removed fromthe individuals life.

Just by asking a few questions of the content of the article it doesnt make sense, which leads me to claim bullshit. In fact the whole site looks like bullshit to me. If youdon't belive me just read a few of the articles. You will find that they skip key points or talk about things in vague terms like 'alot' or 'too few'. If they are providing medical advice they should be talking about precise terms such as 1mg or 1% of a specific item.

mrlestat

Reaction score
This theory can not be true as I have met many complete and utter wankers with full heads of hair......

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why is it bad to masturbate but not bad to have sex???????they neevr tell you the difference in those stupid *** articles..dumbasses

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nesta said:
But a combination of pumping iron + high protein intake, low cardio excersize and masturbation = HAIRLOSS (to the once prone).

Sorry it´s just a fact of life.
Man when I was 15 i was jerking off at least twice a day, saw my gf naked almost every other day. Worked out EVERYDAY and ate more protein than i do now

now i'm 20, i jerk off maybe every 3 days, i hardly ever lift weights, i eat moderate amount of protien...

Hmm I never lost any hair at 15... oh wait is this the reverse of your theory?
:roll:

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jaygee said:
At the risk of admitting TMI, I'll get this question off my chest.

Does anyone think twice a day (average) is excessive? For an male pattern baldness sufferer, at least.

Nope. Also at the risk of TMI, I "clean the pipes" at least once a day and have sex between 5 and 8 times a week.

I am thoroughly convinced that masturbation (or ejaculating) has absolutely NOTHING to do with male pattern baldness.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this thread just doesnt add up....i mean masturbate lose hair..have sex and your good....i mean its like wiping before you take a sh*t,it just doesnt make sense.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
we're not talking about normal people with hair or little horney 15 year olds...we're talking about us freaks with follicles sensitive to hormones!!!!..

venomman

Reaction score
everyone here admits they masterbait doesnt that ring a bell???? f*** this im not waking it anymroe if i do its once every 2 weeks. I know this is a good catalyst for hairloss. my dads bald that doesnt help iether, but im notgonna wack it anymore to see how this works.

It can olny make your Chi stronger. im gonna be a man and do it.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing. I'm on day 3 as we speak. It's quite hard to tell you the truth (ha). I'm not a big believer of this theory, but there's no harm in seeing what will/will not happen to my hair when I only let Wee Willy Winkie get sick once every two weeks.

venomman

Reaction score
Your more of a man if you can do it i say. to be honest waking it so much makes you sound like you have no control what so ever, like being a pussy.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, fellas;

How can there be ANY difference between what happens when you masturbate and what happens when you c*m from intercourse as far as any affect on DHT or testosterone levels?

There CANT be any difference!

So, if you are about to get intimate with a woman are you going to say, "No, I am sorry I cannot do this - if I ejaculate it will adversely affect my DHT levels and further contribute to my hairloss..."

I mean, really. Just because some random person posts a VERY unproven, untested, and unfounded HYPOTHESIS on an internet forum (and a couple of dumb websites) you are going to alter your life?

Pfft. Have fun.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'm stroking it right now.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if u wanna note someting alotta p**rn stars once they hit like late 20's usually show balding.....so i dunno

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea but alot also take steriods to get ripped and pump for the p**rn..which in turn makes you thin faster.

venomman

Reaction score
social_drinker said:
Ok, fellas;

How can there be ANY difference between what happens when you masturbate and what happens when you c*m from intercourse as far as any affect on DHT or testosterone levels?

There CANT be any difference!

So, if you are about to get intimate with a woman are you going to say, "No, I am sorry I cannot do this - if I ejaculate it will adversely affect my DHT levels and further contribute to my hairloss..."

I mean, really. Just because some random person posts a VERY unproven, untested, and unfounded HYPOTHESIS on an internet forum (and a couple of dumb websites) you are going to alter your life?

Pfft. Have fun.

there is no differnce your right, and the other guy can keep jerking it losing his hair. Im going to have some self control be a man and not jerk it. Having sex with my gf is a dif story. I dont care about that, i just not jerking it when im not having sex. You people can all say its not true, mayube its not true.... but maybe it is. You cant prove me wrong, i cant prove you right. think about it, how often do you jerk it? im not saying it will stop hair loss if you stop, but jerking it everyday might just thin it faster a lot faster.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't wank until I was 22. It made me stressed and I probably lost more hair because of it. Now I detect my hair falling out a lot less.

EliasNJ

Reaction score
The article is half right, everyone on this board seems to be on track. Anyhow my two cents:

I do think anything such as masturbating or whatever that increases your hormone level does affect hairloss for some people. It only makes sense that higher levels of DHT in the blood affect the hairs that are sensitive to it. Maybe I've been misguided but doesn't propecia hamper and occasionally reverse hairloss by lowering DHT levels? Wouldn't it be the opposite if something increases DHT in the blood?

For many people without male pattern baldness, they can whack their little fellas, eat foods that increase DHT conversion(although I am skeptical about that), and pump iron at the gym all day. It makes no difference if they jerk off until they are spitting out saw dust, high level of DHT don't affect them. For us who have male pattern baldness, I do think we can accelerate our hairloss by doing stuff that increases our hormone levels. I find that my hairloss has a huge correlation with how much I work out and whack off.

I didn't start wacking off heavily until I was 19 going on 20. I did a little bit here and there when I was 15 on up, but maybe once a month, instead of 2 or 3 times a day when I was 19. I also was weight lifting heavily at the time(1.5 trips a day to the gym), had a piss poor college diet that WAS high in fiber. About a half a year later my hair lost it's teenage thickness and there were small signs of recession beginning in the temples. The following year I was too busy to weight lift and had a couple of girlfriends through the year and opted for sex about once/twice every two weeks and didn't jerk off since I was getting some. I had no further hair loss during that time.

Then next summer as suddenly I had a lot of time, I started working out heavily again and there is a correlation between how much I work out and how much I jerk off. The more muscle I put on, the hornier I am and find myself calling girls at 2am I six months ago never thought of going for. Most times I would end up with the cold shoulder and have to take care of my own business. Again I was going for it about two-three times a day. That crazy summer, recession started and some older friends who were already pretty far along in their hairline recession took notice. I guess misery loves company.

Next two years, things calmed down and I felt I was getting older and didn't feel the need as often to whack off. I also wasn't working out cept all the running and outdoor activities I usually do. I had a tiny amount of hairloss during this time but it was insignificant for about two years.

Graduated college last year, settled into my own apartment by myself, joined a gym and was there during almost all my free time. Sexual prowless shot back up and started wacking off like a maniac. Again about six months later, I had a ton of recession and that is what scared the crap out of me and brought me here to try to slow it down.

So, I am absolutely convinced that masturbating and whatever it is that can bring up hormone levels can affect hairloss with male pattern baldness sufferers. I do have tons of friends who admit they wax the carrot just as much or more as I do with full heads of hair. However they probably don't have male pattern baldness and my family history has a small fraction of people who suffer from male pattern baldness. My mom's side is completely clear of male pattern baldness, my dad is the only one out of seven brothers who has recession. I obviously inherited the lovely male pattern baldness gene from him(we even share the same hair color, texture, etc.) and I seem to be a little worse then where he was my age. I think those factors above have accelerated it a little bit but not dramatically.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if i can use my dad for an example.....he use to drink before i was born.....and he like is a norwood 2 and half but kinda thin but very presentable ....and hasn't really lost any since he was like 20 something but what he did lose he lost fast.........and he stopped drink starting a year before i was born...so that was 20 years ago and now he is 53.......and i dunno about his masterbating things.....but he got married when he was 32 or something and his hair looks better now than it did then......and on top of this he didn't start workin out until he was 28...........so i mean he did all of these things and his hairloss got no worse infact i would say it looks almost better..........so i mean all these theories are person to person......oh and i starting losing my hair the same time my dad lost his.....granted he cna't evfen tell him losing it but i guess it was probobly the same pattern.....but im convinced if i use the nizoral/rog/and finasteride ill be able to stop what happened to him because he didn't have hte option then