Massage helps big time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeO24

Reaction score
I am losing my hair. I am sure we all know this feeling. The feeling when you are in the shower and and you wipe your hand in your hair and so much comes out and it drives you insane.
Recently I have starting massaging my scalp every day twice a day and I have slowed it down dramatically its unbelievable. It hasnt completely stopped but slowed down so noticable right away. I also just starting using rogaine foam today but I am switching to other things soon just need to start somewhere.
Anyway here is how you do it. You use your fingers, not your nails, and apply pressure in a circular motion all over your head, including the sides. You can actually feel the sore spots of your head where there is no blood getting to it. If you keep massaging for about a week or two those spots go away and your hair loss may slow down as mine has.
It increases the blood flow to the follicle providing nutrients and oxygen to the hair. It also helps prevent the toxic degeneration because, like all massages, it releases the built up toxins in your scalp. I am also taking a multi vitamin every day and drinking water which will help drain your body of toxins as well.
Also I am using selsun blue shampoo to keep the scalp hydrated. I dont know if it will help the hair to grow back but it sure slows it down and will probably maximize your product results

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
This sounds somewhat like what SE-Freak did with his massage therapy. Nice technique.

-Pologuy

MikeO24

Reaction score
yea not to mention it can release and reduce your stress level. highly urge everyone to try it. Just dont drag you fingures on the scalp and rip your hair out. We are here to stop that problem I am so happy I found this website the only thing I had to go on was what advertisers were saying

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive wondered what those 'sore' areas are on my head (it's where the thinning is).

Do you think that's what it is, poor circulation?

MikeO24

Reaction score
Yes I absolutly do. I would imagine it is like any other part of your body. when your muscles are sore they are inflamed and a massage increases the blood flow which takes helps releive the soreness. I think that the massage really does maximize results and if you keep massaging those sore spots twice daily for about 5-10 minutes a sitting. Just remember to plant your fingers with no nail touching your scalp and rub dont drag your fingers it damages the scalp and hair follicle. but yea only good can come from this method good luck

MikeO24

Reaction score
Oh man thats not good I didnt know that about selsun blue is there a shampoo that is ok I know mild ones are good but any particular brand? I am happy to hear that the massage feels good though. It feels so good for the first week or so you can just get obsessed with it. Once you get into it though you will never be able to stop

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've been massaging my head twice a day when i use my rogaine and i'm not sure whether it's helping but i'm gonna keep up with it, seeing good progress

MikeO24

Reaction score
I would but I dont know if I really need my face on youtube talking about my hairloss and its remedies. But like I said dont drag your fingers and rip your hair out. "Plant your fingers" and rub in circular motions but dont let your fingers move. It feels good despite what this website says has significantly slowed my hairloss when I was using no product. Now I use rogaine foam but just started a week ago

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if you think massage helps, I strongly suggest you to do SE.

Scalp Exercise from http://www.hairloss-reversible.com

give it a try... I know only a few believe it, but it certainly does not hurt to give it a try.

G

RaginDemon said:
if you think massage helps, I strongly suggest you to do SE.

Scalp Exercise from http://www.hairloss-reversible.com

give it a try... I know only a few believe it, but it certainly does not hurt to give it a try.

I've read the instructions over and over again but I still can't figure out how to do it. So what I would need to do is to "move" my scalp without my hands? Ragindemon, could you please post some kinda detailed instructions?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, i have been doing this since the beginning of may and guess what - those sore spots on my scalp have indeed gone.

G

flimflam said:
well, i have been doing this since the beginning of may and guess what - those sore spots on my scalp have indeed gone.

Which version? The one with the hands or without?

G

flimflam said:
the one the original poster said .. with the fingers

Yeah I've tried that too. It certainly doesn't do any damage, feels pretty good. P.S. Your regimen is a bit hardcore, don't you think? :D

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
flimflam said:
the one the original poster said .. with the fingers

Yeah I've tried that too. It certainly doesn't do any damage, feels pretty good. P.S. Your regimen is a bit hardcore, don't you think? :D

haha yeah, no messin' :D. its still fairly cheap (although the spectral.rs is £20 a month :shock:) hopefully something will work soon and i can begin cutting down ...

Status
Not open for further replies.