Massage helps big time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
flimflam said:
well, i have been doing this since the beginning of may and guess what - those sore spots on my scalp have indeed gone.

Which version? The one with the hands or without?

It's rather hard to explain, I suggest you order Tom's DVD for 20USD, it shows you all the detailed movement and couple tricks to achieve the movement.

Basically you need to move your whole scalp back and forth. I am not sure how much SE helps, but at least it did not worsen my hair condition.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
what a waste of time....massaging your head does NOTHING for hair loss.

Yeah because those 10 minutes I spend massaging my scalp whilst watching TV on the sofa could be better spent fighting crime or tackling global warming. I see your point squeaky, but give me your hand and I'll walk you through it:

Only the thinning parts of my head feel tender.
Gosh! Do you think the two could be related?
Massaging this area eliminates the sore spots.
And apologies for the wikipedia source, but...

Massage can be applied to parts of the body or successively to the whole body, to aid the process of injury healing, relieve psychological stress, manage pain, and improve circulation.

Q.E.D.

MikeO24

Reaction score
sorry its been so long yea just apply pressure to the scalp and rub. Just dont allow your fingers to drag. Just rub man rub. its feels great and helps. You dont have to do it perfect just apply pressure and rub however you can do it. I was just saying dont allow your fingers to drag along the scalp because that could pull your hair

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
flimflam said:

Yeah because those 10 minutes I spend massaging my scalp whilst watching TV on the sofa could be better spent fighting crime or tackling global warming. I see your point squeaky, but give me your hand and I'll walk you through it:

Massage can be applied to parts of the body or successively to the whole body, to aid the process of injury healing, relieve psychological stress, manage pain, and improve circulation.

Q.E.D.

FUNNY...keep rubbing your head but its not gonna help with hair loss....you dont think there is enough blood in your scalp? why dont you cut it ope and see what happens?

G

FUNNY...keep rubbing your head but its not gonna help with hair loss....you dont think there is enough blood in your scalp? why dont you cut it ope and see what happens?

That IS SO f*****g unnecessary to diss people for doing scalp massage. If you don't believe in it, then fine, don't do it! If it makes others feel good and relieve the scalp soreness, that shouldn't be your problem.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score

...:shock:...

lol

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":b210a]

That IS SO f****ing unnecessary to diss people for doing scalp massage. If you don't believe in it, then fine, don't do it! If it makes others feel good and relieve the scalp soreness, that shouldn't be your problem.[/quote:b210a]

how am i dissing him? Im telling him thats its not going to help. Dont you think before all these drugs came out people tried the massage, and no shampoo bullshit to no avail!?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Say what you like, you're still acting like a dick.

Pssst: I don't think 2.5g of fish oil is going to regrow your hair either.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
flimflam said:
Say what you like, you're still acting like a dick.

Pssst: I don't think 2.5g of fish oil is going to regrow your hair either.

I dont really take the fish oil for my hair....haha...I take it for the omega 3's. But I have read some studies that say it helps with hair loss esp on the inflammation side.

I have not read any studies showing the massaging your head helps....do you have any that you wanna post up?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":5f299]what a waste of time....massaging your head does NOTHING for hair loss.

Q.E.D.

FUNNY...keep rubbing your head but its not gonna help with hair loss....you dont think there is enough blood in your scalp? why dont you cut it ope and see what happens?[/quote:5f299]

SE does NOT involve rubbing your head with your hands. I tried it for a while and I say it works to a certain extent. I found it funny that you blindly commented on something in which you have absolutely no understanding at.

I don't know if SE stops hairloss, but my grey hair is gone after 6 months of SE, so I aint complaining.

powersam

Reaction score

please cite the studies you have read which prove that massage will do nothing for your hair.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont really take the fish oil for my hair....haha...I take it for the omega 3's. But I have read some studies that say it helps with hair loss esp on the inflammation side.

I have not read any studies showing the massaging your head helps....do you have any that you wanna post up?

Not really, no. Since you're the one going out of your way to discredit it, I think you should do the legwork yourself. All I know is that head massage is quite relaxing and makes my scalp feel better. Healthy hair requires a healthy scalp. I don't need a study to confirm my feelings.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
powersam said:

please cite the studies you have read which prove that massage will do nothing for your hair.

o please...should i also site something that says the earth is round?

Androgenetic Alopecia happens b/c of androgens....bottom line...not b/c there is insufficient blood/nutrients in your scalp.

what makes more sense? should someone prove that something works before I do it? Or should I prove something doesn't work for you guys to stop doing it?

Lastly, if you dont believe me...what dont you message Dr. Rassman on his balding blog and see what he has to say?

Or if you respect Bryan and Michael B.'s opinions on these boards ask them.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
OH and BY THE WAY.....here ya go... :lol:

straight from the... American Osteopathic College of Dermatology

Myth No. 5:

Scalp massage can turn around hair loss.

If it can, it's never been scientifically proven. Proponents of massage, claim myriad benefits, including an increase in circulation to the scalp, which causes the hair bulb to be flooded with the nutrients necessary for healthy hair growth. However the scalp is already one of the most vascularized areas of the body. There may be a placebo or anti-stress component, which could account for the limited success in a few people.

http://aocd.org/skin/myth-05.html

I wonder if the psuedo-hermaphrodites massage their head everyday...
I wonder if the castrated males massaged their head everyday...
More females must massage their head, since females are MUCH LESS likely to go bald.

powersam

Reaction score
the study you post only furthers my point.

"f it can, it's never been scientifically proven." Also means that its never been disproven.

you should not make blanket statements about things you have no proof for. i have no idea whether massage does or does not do anything for hair loss, and neither do you.

moreover the fact that anti androgenic treatments DO NOT completely halt baldness nor reverse it, serves to suggest that there are other factors involved which have not been fully explored yet.

you posting 'massage does nothing for hair loss' is just as unsubstantiated as someone posting 'massage does wonders for hair loss'. neither point has studies backing it up.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
powersam said:
the study you post only furthers my point.

"f it can, it's never been scientifically proven." Also means that its never been disproven.

you should not make blanket statements about things you have no proof for. i have no idea whether massage does or does not do anything for hair loss, and neither do you.

moreover the fact that anti androgenic treatments DO NOT completely halt baldness nor reverse it, serves to suggest that there are other factors involved which have not been fully explored yet.

you posting 'massage does nothing for hair loss' is just as unsubstantiated as someone posting 'massage does wonders for hair loss'. neither point has studies backing it up.

man...i used to think you knew what your were talking about.

What do you think scientists are goin to do....test everything and anything.
Whats to stop someone from rubbing cow sh*t on their head for hair loss.
Not studies have shown that it DOESNT help...so might as well try that.

Hairloss is related to ANDROGENS....massaging your head does nothing to help that.

Do the psuedo-hermaphrodites massage their heads?
Do women massage their heads?

Why dont you ask a doctor who specializes in the field if he suspects if it will help?

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
theories are judged with facts !!!

I don't see any photos or scientifically studies. Then.. do the math

powersam

Reaction score
once again, there are no facts for either side of the argument. massage helping baldness is a theory, massage not helping baldness is a theory.

there are on the other hand many anecdotal reports of massage helping. however i do not, nor have i ever claimed that massage was beneficial to hair loss, simply that you have no proof that it isnt.

if hair loss was solely related to androgens then dutasteride would cure baldness, in everyone. it doesnt. therefore there must be other factors that need to be taken into consideration. dismissing everything else in such an offhand way will not help anyone treat this condition.

Pereira said:

please show me the facts that support the 'massage does nothing for hair loss' theory.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
powersam said:
once again, there are no facts for either side of the argument. massage helping baldness is a theory, massage not helping baldness is a theory.

there are on the other hand many anecdotal reports of massage helping. however i do not, nor have i ever claimed that massage was beneficial to hair loss, simply that you have no proof that it isnt.

if hair loss was solely related to androgens then dutasteride would cure baldness, in everyone. it doesnt. therefore there must be other factors that need to be taken into consideration. dismissing everything else in such an offhand way will not help anyone treat this condition.

Pereira said:

please show me the facts that support the 'massage does nothing for hair loss' theory.

Well before people START dutasteride or finasteride the follicles have already been attacked by androgens for some time....Some damage is irreversible. Thats why its important to get on the meds ASAP.

powersam...I thought you were smarter than this...there are other androgens that can bind to the receptor sites besides DHT....dutas is doing NOTHING to stop testosterone and androstenedione and DHEA.

dutasteride prob wont stop the balding process forever...but cutting your balls of will....no balls = very little androgens....maybe androgens do tell the whole story!!! :wink:

Hmmmm... i wonder who has more evidence on their side?

Massage is a WASTE OF TIME. If it makes you feel good then go ahead and do it...but just know its not helping with Androgenetic Alopecia.

Status
Not open for further replies.