Mane Biotech raises € 1.7 million to further develop its regenerative medicine technology to combat hair loss

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

They raised some money and are preparing to launch their product very soon apparently.

An approach like this will always generate skepticism but I think it is worth keeping them on the radar.

The CEO of the company Chacon Martinez worked as Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing. He was able to develop culture techs to maintain the inductive capacity of DP cell after multiple passages and is highlighted by Tsuji in his latest work.

Maybe these guys are what Follica could not be?

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
These guys get almost 2 million, meanwhile we still haven't heard that Tsuji got his 4.8 million USD that he needs to conduct trials.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any info on what their approach is? Doesn't seem to be anything on that in the two links.

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
they seem to have a small team
”Mane Biotech is developing technology which overrides this hormonal imbalance using precise, non-invasive stimuli, to kick start hair growth back to normal.

Having received excellent feedback from users of our first prototype, we are nearing the completion of our second generation prototype and are excited to expand our data set further from Q2 2020 onwards. We are currently in discussions with German hardware development partners on the design of our market ready device. “

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just another ’’we successfully regrown 3 more hairs“ company on the way.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they seem to have a small team

”Mane Biotech is developing technology which overrides this hormonal imbalance using precise, non-invasive stimuli, to kick start hair growth back to normal.

Having received excellent feedback from users of our first prototype, we are nearing the completion of our second generation prototype and are excited to expand our data set further from Q2 2020 onwards. We are currently in discussions with German hardware development partners on the design of our market ready device. “

So, they are using "non-invasive stimuli". Could be some sort of device, along the lines of a LLLT helmet. Maybe they use electricity, maybe laser. A recent study showed that ultrasound can stimulate hair growth, so that's another possibility.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

They raised some money and are preparing to launch their product very soon apparently.

An approach like this will always generate skepticism but I think it is worth keeping them on the radar.

The CEO of the company Chacon Martinez worked as Postdoctoral Research Scientist in Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing. He was able to develop culture techs to maintain the inductive capacity of DP cell after multiple passages and is highlighted by Tsuji in his latest work.

Maybe these guys are what Follica could not be?
Give me a break!!!!!

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just another ’’we successfully regrown 3 more hairs“ company on the way.
I don't think it will even grow 3 hairs. It looks like a total scam to me.

What the heck do they even mean by "restoring the body's ability to regrow hair in people with common hair loss."?

What a scam! The body's ability to regrow hair is stymied by androgens so are they saying they've found a way to remove androgens from the scalp without causing side effects? If they had a way to do that then whatever they have would require FDA clinical trials and take years to get to market. And yet they say it's a ready device that is noninvasive. Report them to the FDA as soon as their fraudulent product hits the market.

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it will even grow 3 hairs. It looks like a total scam to me.

What the heck do they even mean by "restoring the body's ability to regrow hair in people with common hair loss."?

What a scam! The body's ability to regrow hair is stymied by androgens so are they saying they've found a way to remove androgens from the scalp without causing side effects? If they had a way to do that then whatever they have would require FDA clinical trials and take years to get to market. And yet they say it's a ready device that is noninvasive. Report them to the FDA as soon as their fraudulent product hits the market.

People like you surely thought the same about Rachita Dhurat's study on the benefits of minoxidil and dermarolling. And it turns out that from there came the first new treatment modality in almost 20 years

Every so often a surprise appears

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People like you surely thought the same about Rachita Dhurat's study on the benefits of minoxidil and dermarolling. And it turns out that from there came the first new treatment modality in almost 20 years

Every so often a surprise appears
"People like me" - what does that even mean?

I do think that minoxidil + dermarolling is better than just using minoxidil. The only reason I don't use minoxidil + dermarolling is that I had side effects with minoxidil so of course, if I add dermarolling to minoxidil I'll have even more side effects.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
"People like me" - what does that even mean?

I do think that minoxidil + dermarolling is better than just using minoxidil. The only reason I don't use minoxidil + dermarolling is that I had side effects with minoxidil so of course, if I add dermarolling to minoxidil I'll have even more side effects.
It means you’re a noob here and you’re already setting a bit of a whiney tone.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the company trying to combat hairloss by stimulation rather the prevntion you already know its scam.
Also they result if any would fade away quick without stopping the root of it

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like it that the German Government also supported the company with 1.4 million last year.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. We don’t take kindly to whiners in these here parts.

Otherwise welcome my balding brother!!!

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the company trying to combat hairloss by stimulation rather the prevntion you already know its scam.
Also they result if any would fade away quick without stopping the root of it

Actually they claim hairloss prevention too. I don't think it's a scam like some of you think. I'm not saying we have to believe everything they say, in fact they have a lot to prove but it's not a healthy attitude to rule out new treatment options due to unfounded prejudice.

Investors listed in this company are legitimate, they even got state funding in the early stages. The CIO is a respectable name and has specialized in the study of tissue engineering. The use of electricity to modulate biochemical signals is a very interesting field with potential to disrupt part of the pharma industry. What these guys are developing is not a random lasercap.

Last edited: