Lowering androgens NOT blocking

hoople

Reaction score
Hello all
I had a horrible reaction to blocking the Androgen receptors with spironolactone, now i'm looking to lower the production of androgens/dht rather than block. Can anyone suggest some topicals/herbs/supplements which lower androgens/dht but definately do not block them! Thanks

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Edible mushrooms work to some degree, but they technically only lower DHT while raising T.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hoople said:
Hello all
I had a horrible reaction to blocking the Androgen receptors with spironolactone,

Can you please tell us how you took it and what is the reaction, and did you recover.. ?

I am considering topical spironolactone.. was it oral for you ?

hoople

Reaction score
I'm a woman, sorry for intruding. Spironoalctone was oral and has prematurely aged my face. Its not reversing. I was in cloud cuckoo land when I started this thread. There is no way i'm touching any anti-androgen, or attempting to lower my androgens anymore. Wasted thread, sorry.

PolarKangaroo

Reaction score
were you keeping up with your water while on spironolactone? one must keep in mind that it IS a diuretic. Also, I see where you were going with it. Have you tried anything to reduce the levels of androgens, rather than block androgen receptor sites? (like exercise...)