Lots of New Info on Follica

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to find out the mechanism they use for TCP, is it a laser or some kind of abrasive material? i.e. could this be tried out at home before the procedure is approved? I'm not suggesting we sandpaper our scalps and rub minoxidil on but it seems the way the skin is damaged could be key?

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the key to this chart states the blue lines on the right represent "products/trails" and Follica has 3 next to it. 2 that seem to be finished and 1 still in progress ? I guess the question is, is this referencing 3 potential products being trialed ? Or am I misunderstanding something ?

http://puretechhealth.com/pipeline.php

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I think you are right about that but 1 is done and 2 is still in progress.do you think having SMP now is a wrong idea and will afeect follica treatment ? I mean how can they see the difference between real hair and the pigmented area ?

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I think you are right about that but 1 is done and 2 is still in progress.do you think having SMP now is a wrong idea and will afeect follica treatment ? I mean how can they see the difference between real hair and the pigmented area ?

My apologies, I meant to say 1 is done and 2 is still in progress. Physically I dont see why it would make a difference. You should still be able to get the Follica treatment even if u do get SMP, and you will see the difference between the hair and the pigmented area when the real hair starts growing.The pigmented hair will stay as dots.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
So let's say there are 3 products. The approved product is the tool to use for the procedure which is dermaroller or something similar. The other 2 products are the topical stuff they will use during or after the procedure. There is also minoxidil but it's not in the pipeline because its already aproaved.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
So let's say there are 3 products. The approved product is the tool to use for the procedure which is dermaroller or something similar. The other 2 products are the topical stuff they will use during or after the procedure. There is also minoxidil but it's not in the pipeline because its already aproaved.

Yes, but they said only one trial will be starting in 2016 with data read out in 2017 and potential release in 2018..so im confused by it all. Will they be adding another line to the chart sometime this year maybe?

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, but they said only one trial will be starting in 2016 with data read out in 2017 and potential release in 2018..so im confused by it all. Will they be adding another line to the chart sometime this year maybe?

I guess more products means better treatment then better result !

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this is pretty interesting, they claim TCP can bring back 100 hair per cm2 , It explains that three quarters are vellus hairs , But after the most recent interview we histogen we know they have the utmost confidence , and basically they sound certain they can turn vellus hairs terminal, the combination could be huge if both of these companies are giving us an accurate analysis!

However one thing that I caught and I was wondering if we could discuss this, maybe someone can confirm did they state follica can cause new hair follicles even where hairnever grew before? Could it be used as a technique to lower the hairline?

schtif

Reaction score

Looks like Follica is not going to start any clinical trials until first half of 2017. If this is true, i'd doubt a 2018 release... :(

Source: http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/brief-items-of-interest-september-2016/

And: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/PRTC/12956810.html

Developing products to generate new human hair follicles and hair. Clinical stage, expected to enter FDA pivotal/registration studies in the first half of 2017.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ya wording says pivotal/registration studies in the plural. Pivotal is phase 3. Fingers crossed for this one

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Have you seen this ?
307422follica01.jpg
876359follica02.jpg

769942follica03.jpg

461555follica04.jpg

457198follica05.jpg

379262follica06.jpg

142738follica07.jpg

424780follica08.jpg

907161follica09.jpg

Edit : Follica's partners would have more informations about their products...
453965follica10.jpg

Last edited:

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok that looks legit. That pamphlet looks like the device could be sold tomorrow (obvi exaggerating)

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be more encouraging if they had pictures of the devices, not simple computer renderings. However, it has the feel of something that is within two or three years from availability; they seem to believe that the protocol works, will be approved, and - most importantly - how it will be administered and monetized.

Yeah I agree. This is a cure for me. I NEED it

inmyhead

Reaction score
but basically we would need to keep driving to some office? f*** for those who live not in US or other big countries