Lord Hair!!! Stay away!! Very bad experience!

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The real issue I have with HD is the specs not being followed correctly. Since Covid they're using different factories and one of the factories kept making systems less in density than what was ordered. Its very, very frustrating for us as consumers.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of density every company is different. 100% for one company could be another company's120%. I know hair direct divides their density in 4 areas but that can get tricky.
On custom systems, we use between 6 to 8 zones, depending on the factory.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All good points. What I will say is that the 0.03mm bases that I get from my stylist's supplier are a lot more durable. I'm rough on my systems and I replace them as soon as they look even slightly beaten up - as you say, we're doing this to look good, not save money. The Lord Hair bases must be made of different material as they are noticeably more fragile. I don't have an issue with this as they clearly advertise that they last a month.

Either way, the system arrived patchy. I had only worn it for two days when I first emailed them.

Agreed. When I finally went through this last month, I went the stylist route even though it's pretty expensive, I know I am going to look like crap if I go too crazy to save money.

I believe (but not sure) I'm wearing a 0.03mm poly. While the stylist owner warned me about the 30 days, she did say if I'm not brutal to it (one example she gave was frequently going into a pool from a diving board) I should be able to get 2 and maybe 3 months out of it, the plan right now is to go once a month to check on it (the first time around they have you go after 2 weeks and don't charge and then 2 weeks after that for your first "full" maintenance visit, I had that yesterday and they said it was in quite good shape and I should be able to go for 2 months this time).

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently ordered a couple of systems from Lordhair and Lavivid and on the LH system the knots weren’t bleached and with the Lavivid system the hairline looked like dolls hair (uniform rows of hair)….pretty awful but Lavivid has processed my refund already after I’d sent the system back and I’m still waiting on LH.

Stock systems from these companies seem to be touch and go imo. Not something to be relied upon I guess if you don’t have a few back systems just in case.

I won’t be ordering from these two companies until stocks get better.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't see risking ordering from LH at this point, too many horrible experiences like Jimlad reported.
Sad bc most say they used to produce a good product pre covid

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ordered a French lace system ("Champion") from Lord Hair a few months back as replacement for another one from Superhairpieces that I was wearing since February. I kept it in storage and got it cut in last week. It's ok so far with normal density, soft hair and bleached knots. The colour is quite dark for what I ordered but I expect this to light up over the next few weeks with some washing and UV exposure. Think I was lucky with the order when reading on the quality issues with LH here.

Not a lot of suppliers for lace systems right now. Lavivid has less selection in their online store than LH, maybe I try them next time when they have my colour in stock.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I actually cut a section from a Lordhair piece and mailed it to another manufacturer as an example of what NOT to do.

Noah

Reaction score
It's the way that they showed a total lack of understanding for what it's like to wear a hair system, and the damage that can be done if you are given a faulty product.

For me, this is the point. The damage done by a badly made hair system potentially goes well beyond the price of the hairpiece. If you are trying to keep your hairloss situation private, you are risking exposure of the fact you are wearing and the awkwardness that may cause. Even if you are open about wearing, you are risking looking like a fool. Wearing a good hair replacement is one thing, but wearing a cheap detectable wig is another. Of course everyone would prefer to get a bargain, but cheap hairpieces are like cheap sushi - best avoided.