Lord Hair!!! Stay away!! Very bad experience!

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
As some of you will have read, I had a little trouble adapting to lace recently. In the interim period between getting my old and new system, I decided to use a Lord Hair UTS that I had bought a few months ago. This system was sitting in an air tight bag the whole time. I got it fitted, and the stylist did as best he could, but the quality was dreadful. It’s so sparse that I look like my hair is dramatically thinning all over. To top it off, I came off the football pitch the other day and saw that due to the poor coverage, the base was visible at the edges. I was very embarrassed.

I emailed LH who told me that a system should only last a month (despite the fact that I have worn it for less than 2 days at that point). They then told me I should just take it off!!! I mean, how out of touch from their client base are they?! Like I would just go bald for the next few weeks… I was told to post it to them at a cost of $30, which still doesn’t guarantee anything.

All in all I’m shocked. The quality was so poor, but I could have got over that if they were more understanding. I’ve been offered a $20 discount, and a partial $30 refund as a token of their ‘sincerity’

Terrible experience. Never again.

Hamy25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Yes I’ve heard that lord hair are shocking from a few people who have bought their systems and go to the same stylist as me . To be honest I can’t find a decent system no matter how much I pay . If you look at the online photos of people wearing systems on these companies websites I can assure you it won’t be what we will be receiving. I have had a couple of decent systems from Newlacecu . Ordered again and they were rubbish !. I’m trying lavivid hair but there systems look a bit wiggy. I will just have to see .

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Yes I’ve heard that lord hair are shocking from a few people who have bought their systems and go to the same stylist as me . To be honest I can’t find a decent system no matter how much I pay . If you look at the online photos of people wearing systems on these companies websites I can assure you it won’t be what we will be receiving. I have had a couple of decent systems from Newlacecu . Ordered again and they were rubbish !. I’m trying lavivid hair but there systems look a bit wiggy. I will just have to see .
The pandemic and brexit crap has made the quality slip on most places unfortunately.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm more upset by their customer service. I've ordered a few systems from them, and if they had dealt with this properly I would probably have still considered using them. It's the way that they showed a total lack of understanding for what it's like to wear a hair system, and the damage that can be done if you are given a faulty product.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you order with your credit card? Time to force LordHair's hand with a chargeback if they aren't giving you the resolution you're hoping for.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered with a debit card - presumably won't work the same...?
I'm not sure, call your bank if you feel you're not getting anywhere with Lordhair. It's worth a shot.

I'd also take some pics of the quality of the unit and post here -- people are peddling Lordhair's products on YouTube like crazy and people need to be aware that it's not all rainbows and kittens.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have repeatedly shared that Lord hair has a bad reputation for poor quality units.

One thing I will point out, based on their response..... Because I see a lot of noobies making very wild and unreasonable assumptions...

.03 poly units are designed to last one month. That has been stated by manufacturers and vendors since inception.

Since this industry has become more public, through people like Curtis.... Many have experimented and pushed the limits. I recall Curtis was one of the 1st to share that he was able to get 3 months from a .03 which was pretty unheard of.

Now I see newbie's posting all the time how they expect to have 4 to 6 months or even more. I think they need to slow their roll a bit.... 2 months is double the expected life... 3 is triple.... I've gone as much as 4, but in retrospect, I should have tossed it at 3.

Much like our nose, with fragrances, we become blind to it. I think my system looks great until I change it and realize.... well, that hairline was a bit too sparse...... I shouldn't have waited so long.. But I didn't realize this until installing the new unit for comparison.

My point is that we're all in this to look our BEST. Not to save $300 over the course of a year by pushing things too far beyond their useful and best life. Ultimately hair systems are very cheap. Don't go with substandard to save a couple bucks.

These are consumables made in sweat shops in China. This is not Walmart. I always say....cheap prices aren't because that seller wants to profit less. Many times the highest price produces the least profit. Everything is a trade off. By dealing out of country you risk extended time for respo ses,shipping, returns, and support. Quite obviously shipping across the globe is much more than locally.
I understand your frustration, but surely you knew these were the risks when ordering.

No supplier offers a warranty on hair systems.

I view this as a learning lesson. They may take care of you, but I wouldn't expect it. It's like going to the local drug dealer and telling them you didn't get high enough

I agree yours should not have shed like crazy so soon, but that is nothing new for lordhair.

Always keep in mind, the lifespan is 30 days on Poly, and anything past that should be considered a bonus, not an expectation.

What you decide to purchase should always be based on the outcome you desire, not the cost.

Last edited:

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am just waiting for my salon to get my colour in stock and get my first hair system, but Lord Hair and lavivid were going to be my first solo purchases of back up systems. I had recently started to sway towards LH as it looked a bit cheaper and faster turn around time.

So, i'll be following this post lol

But you know sometimes things just suck, so hopefully it was a one off and hopefully he gets his issue resolved by them.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have repeatedly shared that Lord hair has a bad reputation for poor quality units.

One thing I will point out, based on their response..... Because I see a lot of noobies making very wild and unreasonable assumptions...

.03 poly units are designed to last one month. That has been stated by manufacturers and vendors since inception.

Since this industry has become more public, through people like Curtis.... Many have experimented and pushed the limits. I recall Curtis was one of the 1st to share that he was able to get 3 months from a .03 which was pretty unheard of.

Now I see newbie's posting all the time how they expect to have 4 to 6 months or even more. I think they need to slow their roll a bit.... 2 months is double the expected life... 3 is triple.... I've gone as much as 4, but in retrospect, I should have tossed it at 3.

Much like our nose, with fragrances, we become blind to it. I think my system looks great until I change it and realize.... well, that hairline was a bit too sparse...... I shouldn't have waited so long.. But I didn't realize this until installing the new unit for comparison.

My point is that we're all in this to look our BEST. Not to save $300 over the course of a year by pushing things too far beyond their useful and best life. Ultimately hair systems are very cheap. Don't go with substandard to save a couple bucks.

These are consumables made in sweat shops in China. This is not Walmart. I always say....cheap prices aren't because that seller wants to profit less. Many times the highest price produces the least profit. Everything is a trade off. By dealing out of country you risk extended time for respo ses,shipping, returns, and support. Quite obviously shipping across the globe is much more than locally.
I understand your frustration, but surely you knew these were the risks when ordering.

No supplier offers a warranty on hair systems.

I view this as a learning lesson. They may take care of you, but I wouldn't expect it. It's like going to the local drug dealer and telling them you didn't get high enough

I agree yours should not have shed like crazy so soon, but that is nothing new for lordhair.

Always keep in mind, the lifespan is 30 days on Poly, and anything past that should be considered a bonus, not an expectation.

What you decide to purchase should always be based on the outcome you desire, not the cost.
All good points. What I will say is that the 0.03mm bases that I get from my stylist's supplier are a lot more durable. I'm rough on my systems and I replace them as soon as they look even slightly beaten up - as you say, we're doing this to look good, not save money. The Lord Hair bases must be made of different material as they are noticeably more fragile. I don't have an issue with this as they clearly advertise that they last a month.

Either way, the system arrived patchy. I had only worn it for two days when I first emailed them.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
All good points. What I will say is that the 0.03mm bases that I get from my stylist's supplier are a lot more durable. I'm rough on my systems and I replace them as soon as they look even slightly beaten up - as you say, we're doing this to look good, not save money. The Lord Hair bases must be made of different material as they are noticeably more fragile. I don't have an issue with this as they clearly advertise that they last a month.

Either way, the system arrived patchy. I had only worn it for two days when I first emailed them.
I often wonder if some sellers represent .05 as .03
That's nearly double the thickness and double the strength...
If you haven't used both frequently, and compared side by side......we'd never be the wiser.

.03 should be just that... regardless of quality or supplier....Unless you meant shedding and hair longevity.....by durable...

The problem with poly shedding....which I've seen mainly with lordhair.....In my opinion, is caused by:

When they smear/ apply the final skimcoats of poly, on the underside of the system... to created an outer layer...to sandwich the bottom of the v.....some do so on more of an angle and apply pressure.....which forces some poly into the holes created by the V loops...which not only sandwiches the bottom of the V between multiple layers of poly, but also surrounds and adheres to the hair, two 360 degree seals per hair... to the hole.

If they skim over it too quickly or without appropriate pressure....They're simply skimming over the base. It's not sealing the hole, making it one structure..... it's only sandwhiching the v. Much like putting a dollar bill between 2 pieces of paper.

When they do so incorrectly, you can easily pull hairs out 1 by 1, they come out with ease.

It can also be that their mix is too thick or starting to cure, making it unable to surround the hole and seal.

Stickonhair had a unit like that.

Last edited:

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
My stylist offered me three bases: 0.03, 0.05 and 0.08. There was a clear distinction between all three. I'd say his 0.03 is what most people would associate. The difference with LH, I believe, is the material used. It's considerably weaker, but once the glue is applied, it literally does disappear onto your skin. For many people who can afford a new system every month, this would be great. It's a shame that the quality of workmanship is so inconsistent.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going to say in my previous post: 2 months on a LH base is a real stretch! But with the other 0.03 systems I use I can go up to 3 months (although that is pushing it). It's a small difference, but a difference nonetheless.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
My stylist offered me three bases: 0.03, 0.05 and 0.08. There was a clear distinction between all three. I'd say his 0.03 is what most people would associate. The difference with LH, I believe, is the material used. It's considerably weaker, but once the glue is applied, it literally does disappear onto your skin. For many people who can afford a new system every month, this would be great. It's a shame that the quality of workmanship is so inconsistent.
We get what we pay for. These systems typically retail with coupon codes for $240 shipped. Shipping alone from Asia is $75.

Quality women's wigs are well into the thousands.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with your frustration. But I think most people that wear hair have exceedingly too high expectations. We're spending chump change And having something delivered across the world for under $250.... And many complain it won't last nearly half a year....

You can eaisly spend that on night out for 2....simply a meal inclusive of drinks and tip...

Last edited:

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear my hair pretty long and thought about purchasing one(women's wig) and have it cut in. My only reservation is the attachment. There all usually full cap but can the base be taped on ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear my hair pretty long and thought about purchasing one(women's wig) and have it cut in. My only reservation is the attachment. There all usually full cap but can the base be taped on ?
I Haven't looked into it much. However, I would agree, I believe most of them attach with clips and such. Almost like a helmet....maybe glue or tape on the hairline...

Keep in mind that doesn't mean they're going to Last significantly longer than a decent $270 system.

*Actually they likely do last significantly longer as their base is super thick, mono like.

Quality and price do not always increase at the same rate. As you spend more you're getting more realism and more quality. Not more use.

The longest use.... built like a tank... subsequently is the cheapest option a 130% mono system. But it looks as flattering as a tank too! Those are what most Lord hair systems look like.

Everything in life is a trade off....

Last edited:

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of density every company is different. 100% for one company could be another company's120%. I know hair direct divides their density in 4 areas but that can get tricky.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of density every company is different. 100% for one company could be another company's120%. I know hair direct divides their density in 4 areas but that can get tricky.
Correct. It's an arbitrary number. Northwest lace calls something it 100% when another company would call it 70%.

Unless it's a custom ordered system with specific densities noted throughout, it is not meant for you. It's a general starting point for everyone.

A stock system is much like a quality garment..... meant to be tailored and custom fit.

Armani, for example, makes all their pants 34 length..... You are expected have them tailored to your specific legs. Same with suits and so forth. Off the shelf will work, but it will never be perfect for you..... Until a well qualified and skilled stylist makes it tailored to you!

Last edited: