Looking for Help with Prox-N by Dr. Proctor

Mattew

Reaction score
This PQQ/CoQ10 is a regrowth stiumulant? where can i see its description since its not listed there?? (that goes for the vaso too)

About the divine skin product u mean this:
http://dslaboratories.com/spectraldnc-n/
Have u used nanoxidil? u think it works?
Or would u pick another products from them? if yes, what?

Jacob

Reaction score
Here's a company that makes an encapsulated CoQ10 product: http://www.mibellebiochemistry.com/products/hair/nano-lipobelle-dn-coq10-oa.php See the description
PQQ is just something I wanted to use..see: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2010/ss2010_Rejuvenate-Your-Cells-Growing-New-Mitochondria_01.htm I take it as a supplement as well.

The other products descriptions/ingredients can be seen here: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2825

On Divine Skin..yes, that's one of them. I haven't followed them or looked lately to see what else I myself may even be interested. I'll probably look into it this week.

Mattew

Reaction score
Ok Jacob i understand that u suggest new products because they can be better than previous ones. But at the moment i'm lookin for somethin that is proved to work for stopping hair loss. U said that u've been able to pretty much mantain your hair as they were in these years. So, what are these products that worked well for u?
I dont want to use too many things. A mantaining/regrowth product...what that would be? A scalp protection/health product what that would be?
I know u hate suggestin things but i need to start with somehtin and i'd go with 2 products that worked or are working well for u...pls tell me which :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Hey Mattew...for your criteria "stopping hair loss", if it were just one product I guess I would use DermatoPoetin http://www.unicos.ch/docs/DermatoPoetin_LasVegas.pdf . Or for a new one- that hGH and growth factor one from Regeron. Best daytime and best smelling and hair conditioning- The Skin Revolution.
But ALL of the products I would say "worked well" for me- since I rarely had a period where I was losing so much hair from what I was using. See my previous post where I talked about some of the things I used- it is just impossible to to recommend one thing when I constantly used and use more than one thing at a time.

Mattew

Reaction score
Hey Jacob thank you for that. i know its not your style so its much appreciated :)
About regeron, do u have any studies or reviews that show possible sides? U know i want to be careful before startin somethin. How can i order that product? I emailed them but they dont answer...

Dermatopietin. What of the listed product (at the end of the pdf) are u referring to? Where can i buy it without worryin if its the real thing?

Ok i understand that. But do u think that the combo regeron/dermatopoetin could be enough? As a shampoo i still have a couple of bottle of revivogen. It works well on my hair what do u think about this product? Is it close to skin revolution?

Jacob

Reaction score
cys @ regeron.com ..no spaces. This is what I was quoted: "price is USD 36 per 250 ml-bottle Shampoo and USD 102 per 100 ml-bottle Hair-Tonic, thus making one set price USD 138 plus S&H charge."
Here's a page that goes into the safety issues:
http://www.regeron.com/sub04_article_truly.php

Dermatopoietin..have yet to see a USA or even NA source yet. Here are two places overseas: http://www.zanedo.com/dermato-hair-protection-system-serum-day-1-4
http://fine-look.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_62

IMO it only makes sense to use the 1-4 day product, the 5-14 didn't contain much of anything unless they changed that. You could use some other product the other days. Not sure if using it with the Regeron would be a good idea though. I think the Dermatopoietin folks said to not use any growth factor products so close to theirs..best to ask them if you decide to do both. As for thinking they could be enough..yeah, so could just one of the products. One just never knows until they try something. And what works for one may not work for another. I think it'd probably be best to just use one, and then something else not growth-factor related along with it.

Not a fan of Revivogen(see my other posts on that)..but if you like it, continue with it. I've never used it so it's hard to compare..I think the Skin Revolution looks better ingred-wise though. Whatever you use..leave it on 5+ minutes or otherwise just buy the cheapest natural shampoo to use ;-)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
LOL Jacob, its OK for you to recommend an unproven treatment from some foreign country that everyone tried and abandoned do its high cost and minimal to no results but if someone else does something along the same line, you will be the first one to point it out. Shame Shame Shame on you.

I happened to read your thread about this very product Dermmatopoietin on the other forum as I think it got bumped or maybe I just did a search and came across it. I guess that controversial thread and verbal interactions you had with the owner of the site is why I don't see you posting on there anymore. I still don't think its very noble of you to say you are not a fan of product when you never even tried it. At least I try the products and I give feedback on. I certainly at least get first hand experience from the product but if you don't like the creator or a certain vehicle delivery or ingredient, it gets a big thumbs down and you will never let it go.

Not only that but I openly admit that Propecia and minoxidil are still the best treatments hands down overall. None of which you have even tried yet have criticized different products with minoxidil. I guess Capillogain is the closest you have come to using minoxidil. I understand you like the natural approach so I don't find fault there but most natural products can never measure up to the performance of finasteride with minoxidil together.

I still think its great that you educate about new products on the horizon but I just don't think its fair that you judge other people when they want to recommend something based on their experience especially when they actually used it. It is ridiculous that when someone likes something you think is junk, you jump in and call them a shill if they repeat it over and over again. Yet you have the audacity to constantly mention Dermatopoetin, Skin Revolution, and Elsom in the past with very few people in your cheerleading corner to support those products. Jacob, its only fair if you let people report their experiences and let the readers decide for themselves which is a scam or not. I don't know why you have to be the one to spell it out for them and yet its OK for you to recommend something. That is very hypocritical behavior on your part but I guess if that is what you must do then continue by all means. I guess this is why you become quite a celebrity on hair loss forums. Everyone has their "schtick" on how they present themselves in these hair loss forums. Regardless of that, I still think its great you make an effort to help people in your own peculiar way.

Jacob

Reaction score
DoctorHouse, what part of I don't like recommending things didn't you understand? Even Mattew understood that- see his responses. Use some common sense.

Everyone tried it? Everyone stuck with it? That's hilarious. Did I go running around telling ppl they should try it? Did I claim it's the OBVIOUS thing to use, etc? You of all ppl, still "recommending" a product that has been around for 20+ years with "everyone trying it" and "everyone abandoning it". You are still "recommending" a product from a known liar and snake-oil'r. http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-Dr-Proctor-Snake-oil-n-since-(at-least)-1987

What thread are you referring to? I haven't posted at HLH in years. Steveo was part of a private forum where he was banned. Prior to being banned, and this wasn't even the reason for him being banned- he was given the opportunity to have a thread w/out me posting in it..he had been bragging for months and months that he had all the answers on Proctor/Proxiphen that we had been asking about/questioning. What did he do? Took the opportunity to instead say Proctor was old news or something, that he'd like to instead use the thread to talk about Theradome. (PM me to see it) So after all the delaying, he wanted to continue with his latest shillacking instead- Theradome. Notice the same thing happened with that- talked about how he had all the answers. Yet he has none.

I nor anyone else has to try a product to make comments on it. When I find Proctor has been a slimeball from day one, I don't have to use his crap to tell you about it. When he for years along with his sidekick tried to get hair loss sufferers more interested in his crap because it contains "mysterious ingredients" that he won't divulge, I don't have to use his crap to tell you about it. When others destroy Proctor and his cohorts with their slimeball lies at Wikipedia, and Wikipedia shuts down Proctors page..I will tell you about it. And all the other things in that thread linked to above. If you or anyone else has things like that to post about on the things I post about- feel free to share. I can guarantee if it's anything close to what we've posted about Proctor, I am not going to spend my time defending them. And if I do, it will be to actually refute what is being said, not to whine about the person posting about it.

Mattew

Reaction score
As i can read on the dermatopoietin product description, that is a product to reduce hair shedding. They don't talk about regrowth factors...am i wrong?

About regeron, id like to have more feedback about that product. I cant find anything on the net. Why do u think its a good product Jacob?

Just to have another otpion, lets say ill take dermatopoietin along with one of the previously listed products. What do u think is better combined with derma?
When u used derma what other product were u using?

- - - Updated - - -

http://fine-look.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_62&product_id=60
The mega offer seems a bit fishy to me...are u sure this is a safe site?

Jacob

Reaction score
Which is why I said- "for your criteria "stopping hair loss" ".. They don't make much claims for growth/regrowth..you know, saying it grows more hair than any other agent out there etc..but reading between the lines and on some Q&A responses they do go into that a bit. Here's an example:

Regarding to growth factors and our product. Active ingredients of our product stimulate production of Protease Nexin-1 (PN1) by dermal papilla cells. It is the reliable marker of anagen phase (hair growth phase) and the inhibitor of serine proteases involved in hair loss. PN1 is regarded as a key molecule in the control of hair growth in humans. So, our product helps hair follicle to be in anagen phase and protects hair follicles from transfer to catagen (hair loss) phase. Longevity of this period after the short-term use of the product (4 days) is few weeks, individually.

On Regeron- if by feedback you mean testimonials by users...the current product is quite new. It's the growth factors along with the hGH that make me interested in it. Awhile back a # of us used their plain hGH topical but I think I was the only one who stuck with that long enough as well :shock:

I used Derma for 2+years...I couldn't even tell you what all I was using- some Elsom topicals I know..I think even the hGH topical at one point. And I don't know what would be better combined with derma. Just whatever you use make sure you use it long enough.

BTW..there are all kinds of "new" products and/or ones out there I haven't seen feedback on that may be interesting in trying. I'll refrain from posting them though..because I know what question would come next ;-) I think if you took some time to research and Google...you'll find something that you yourself may find more interesting to try- would be willing to stick with it.
Ok..here's one: http://2.imimg.com/data2/QV/WM/MY-3182379/accelerates-hair-regrowth-in-mice.pdf But I'm stopping there LOL....

As for that site..I couldn't tell you if it's safe etc. Not even sure what the mega offer is. I think this is directly from the company these days: http://evenswiss.ch/products/hair-care/10-hair-protection-system-serum

Mattew

Reaction score
wow derma is not cheap though :wow:. On that site is about 90 dollars per 50ml...how much will it last? How much did u paid it and where did u buy it?

Ok lets say id pick en elsom research product...which would u suggest (i promise its the last time :D) to use along with derma to increse my chances of regrowth?

Jacob

Reaction score
Just drop everything- get a Theradome! Didn't you see the latest articulate write-up on that??? Not sure why more aren't more excited about that visit(maybe this post will help that!)..or why anyone would re-ask or have any more questions:dunno: Just in case...I'm kidding. If you have any desire to go the LLLT route..research research research.

No it isn't cheap..shipping is crazy too. I bought it directly from their site at the time- I still get e-newsletters from them..the latest was buy 2 get one free(I assume it was for the hair product as well) plus as a former customer another 20% off. It's possible that anyone can get that discount, I dunno. So I don't even recall exactly how much it was for a bottle of just the 1-4 prouct. Looking at the newsletter I see that particular sale ended March 31..so far no new one. And the site I posted earlier is linked on it- not where I got it from but where they moved to: http://www.evenswiss.ch/ I was getting a good 2 months+ out of each bottle- remember..it's 4 days in a row..then 9(?) days off.

On Elsom..it doesn't even pay for me to really say- since you can't order from them until August according to their website. But my fav was a custom one(via their Formulator) so if you think Derma is expensive :woot:

There's also Dercos Neogenic and another similar product- surprised no one has jumped in to mention them. A few who have stuck with it claim to be getting results. I know most if not all are also using other things along with it though.

Jacob

Reaction score
I had noticed the new containers but I guess they have indeed shelved the second product.

Yep, that's the Dercos product. There's another that I think is aimed more at women...with the same ingredients.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skin revolution topical is probably one of the best natural items I have ever used . It will make hair thicker , stronger and will reduce hair shed .

Mattew

Reaction score
Hey Jacob im waiting to get derma. Hope it will work well for me too!
Now i'll have to look for some regrowth products to fit derma. Any suggestion from anyone is much appreciated!
Thanks a lot for everything Mr. Jacob! :bravo:

Mattew

Reaction score
I got dermatopoietin and i gotta say its very nice to apply because it smells rly good.
Now since i'm almost a newbie in the hairloss world :D, i'm tryin to understand what is each product aim and to what treatment type each one belongs.
I'm readin the hairloss guide and tryin to figure out what is the category for derma. Judgin for what it practically does, derma belongs to the "DHT inhibitors" category. Am i right?

Now since Jacob pointed out that it might not be a good idea to use a growth stimulant along with it i'm tryin to understand why...Can anyone give me some tips or maybe suggest me studies to figure out what could be a good product to use with derma?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jacob i forgot to ask you about dosage. I asked them so i'll see what they say.
It's very gel-ish and a small quantity like 2 pump cover each of my temples very well. For the vertex 5/6 seems cool. But maybe one should apply more to make it effective?

Jacob

Reaction score
I got dermatopoietin and i gotta say its very nice to apply because it smells rly good.
Now since i'm almost a newbie in the hairloss world :D, i'm tryin to understand what is each product aim and to what treatment type each one belongs.
I'm readin the hairloss guide and tryin to figure out what is the category for derma. Judgin for what it practically does, derma belongs to the "DHT inhibitors" category. Am i right?

Now since Jacob pointed out that it might not be a good idea to use a growth stimulant along with it i'm tryin to understand why...Can anyone give me some tips or maybe suggest me studies to figure out what could be a good product to use with derma?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jacob i forgot to ask you about dosage. I asked them so i'll see what they say.
It's very gel-ish and a small quantity like 2 pump cover each of my temples very well. For the vertex 5/6 seems cool. But maybe one should apply more to make it effective?

Yeah it is one of the nicer topicals to apply. I really wish it were sold at Amazon or something though..

No..I wouldn't put it in the "DHT inhibitor" category. See:

DERMATOPOIETINTM is a 159 amino acid long
polypeptide. It is constantly produced by skin almost
exclusively onto the stratum corneum (upper skin layer)
of the human epidermis. DERMATOPOIETINTM serves as
an autocrine factor that initiates a cascade of events
directed to deeper layers of skin.
Activation of cell growth signaling cascade
DERMATOPOIETINTM activates genes encoding growth
factors such as keratinocyte growth factor (KGF)1-3,
hepatocytes growth factor (HGF)1, granulocytemacrophage
growth factor (GM-CSF)4, and transforming
growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha)5. These growth factors,
in turn, initiate a cascade of events leading to fibroblast
and keratinocyte proliferation, keratinocyte migration6,7,
and entire skin renewal.

DERMATOPOIETINTM suppress expression of
connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), a major
fibrogenic factor responsible for excessive scarring or
keloid formation through promoting proliferation and
collagen synthesis of mesenchymal cells12

On dosage..I forget how many pumps- I'm sure it's posted somewhere. I just always applied enough to cover everything good and rubbed it in 'till it was pretty much all absorbed. It varied for me depending upon how long I had my hair.

I just recently started that Regeron product btw. It's a liquid/spray so not as fun or even easy applying as Derma..but at least they've taken the alcohol out of it.

Sorry for replying so quick :crazy: My how time flies...

- - - Updated - - -

Dr. Proctor products are still around?

Every day there are hundreds if not thousands of newbies looking to treat their hair loss. That's how someone stays in business for 20+ years with no evidence or answers for anything they've said and claimed.

Mattew

Reaction score
Thanks for copyin that Jacob.
The thing is, i cant figure out what i should use along with derma...you said that it might not be a good idea to use it with other "regrowth" products...i asked them about this and let's see if they can answer me good. The thing is, should i use a dht inibhitor since u don't think derma is such a thing?