Looking for Help with Prox-N by Dr. Proctor

Mattew

Reaction score
Hi people,

i just got dr. Proctor's Prox-n, the "light" version of proxiphen.

I'm just wonderin how to properly use it. The instructions on the bottle or sites on the internet say to apply 8-10 drops per day on the critical area.
What does that mean? it means that i have to apply that quantity for EACH specific area (front,"back", etc... lol sorry i dont know the proper names 'cause im Italian, pls bear with it ;)) or i should use these 10 drops for ALL the areas, meaning 3 here and 3 there and 4 there to make 10 total drops??

I started with the second otpion but i noticed that the drops are almost instantly absorbed by hair, scalp skin and finger skin; so it seems to me that it actually does not "last" on the scalp like other products like revivogen (and there people complain for the opposite, about it being too greasy and takin many hours before being absorbed completely) so i'm wonderin if i'ts effective like that!

Hope u can understand what i'm asking! ;)
Cheers

Jacob

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...nce-(at-least)-1987?highlight=proxiphen+snake

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...dia-Found-Falsehood?highlight=proxiphen+snake

To your question..I think it's just common sense with any topical to just apply enough to cover all the areas you want to cover. Ppl with slick bald spots aren't going to need as much as ppl with diffuse thinning or hardly any hair loss. There are companies that tell you to use a whole vial of something or "3 droppers full" or whatever..and it's too much for even someone with a lot of hair. You would either then just keep applying it/work it in or save what's left in the vial or use one less dropper full.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...nce-(at-least)-1987?highlight=proxiphen+snake

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...dia-Found-Falsehood?highlight=proxiphen+snake

To your question..I think it's just common sense with any topical to just apply enough to cover all the areas you want to cover. Ppl with slick bald spots aren't going to need as much as ppl with diffuse thinning or hardly any hair loss. There are companies that tell you to use a whole vial of something or "3 droppers full" or whatever..and it's too much for even someone with a lot of hair. You would either then just keep applying it/work it in or save what's left in the vial or use one less dropper full.
LOL, Jacob, you are too much. When someone mentions Proctor or his products, you are sure to show up in that thread. Jacob, the legend. And just for your info, I was not going to post an answer in this thread as I know you would have something to say if I did.

Jacob

Reaction score
:mrgreen:

It's a big FYI that ppl should RRK. That's really really know.

Jacob

Reaction score
More like- advising to just go with Tricomin or something....if anything.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Where is Bryan?:fun:

Jacob

Reaction score
His sister probably got him a real job...with the Obama admin. Well scratch the "real job" part....

Mattew

Reaction score

Wow you guys certainly worked your a** out to "unmask" mr. proctor...I don't know what to say...i cannot be sure who's right or wrong about the product effectiveness since on the internet there are either positive and negative opinion about it.
well, at the moment i bought 4 bottles of that stuff because the delivery cost for italy, as u can guess, is very high and i cannot order every 4 months. Now i gotta at least try it out do u agree?? ;)
About your advice, i think that since every drug (natural or not) affects the body in some ways i think its not smart to decide by yourself about dosage. If on the bottle they wrote 8-10 drops once or twice a day it means that is the maximum quantity to avoid sides.
So my main question is should i use 8-10 drops PER AREA (meaning three main area for me: left, right temple and back) or for all the areas?

I had slight hair loss on front and "back" (again whats the name for that? :)) since my early twenties but in the last year and a half (now i'm 29) the hairloss has sped up a bit. I constantly lose hair every day but not many of them in a single period, so its light but constant. I'd leave minoxidil or propecia as last resorts since i'd rather avoid drugs with possible sides u know...
So what would u do if u were in my situation?

Mattew

Reaction score
LOL, Jacob, you are too much. When someone mentions Proctor or his products, you are sure to show up in that thread. Jacob, the legend. And just for your info, I was not going to post an answer in this thread as I know you would have something to say if I did.
Hey there, since you were one of the few sayin prox-n worked for you (if i remember correctly ;)) can u answer to my question about dosage pls?
And 1 more think if i may bother u some more, how do u apply it to the "back" of the scalp?? i mean how can u drop there?? and, i find it difficult to cover that area 'cause its big and since this stuff gest absorbed rapidly its hard to not use many drops (more than 10) to cover such big area...what should i do??

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You can use about 4 to 5 drops in your thinning areas. I used more drops than 8 to 10 drops total. I have even measured out 1 ml with a dropper and used it that way.

Jacob

Reaction score
Wow you guys certainly worked your a** out to "unmask" mr. proctor...I don't know what to say...i cannot be sure who's right or wrong about the product effectiveness since on the internet there are either positive and negative opinion about it.
well, at the moment i bought 4 bottles of that stuff because the delivery cost for italy, as u can guess, is very high and i cannot order every 4 months. Now i gotta at least try it out do u agree?? ;)
About your advice, i think that since every drug (natural or not) affects the body in some ways i think its not smart to decide by yourself about dosage. If on the bottle they wrote 8-10 drops once or twice a day it means that is the maximum quantity to avoid sides.
So my main question is should i use 8-10 drops PER AREA (meaning three main area for me: left, right temple and back) or for all the areas?

I had slight hair loss on front and "back" (again whats the name for that? :)) since my early twenties but in the last year and a half (now i'm 29) the hairloss has sped up a bit. I constantly lose hair every day but not many of them in a single period, so its light but constant. I'd leave minoxidil or propecia as last resorts since i'd rather avoid drugs with possible sides u know...
So what would u do if u were in my situation?

May I ask why you ordered the crap BEFORE coming here to post about it? :shock: Of course..as long as you got it you'd might as well use it. But there's more evidence for something like Tricomin doing anything than this stuff. I mean I'd love to see all the positive "effectiveness" posts out there on the internet- on either product. But Prox(N) has been out for decades now, if it worked so well we'd know. There are too many new things to try these days(my "advice" :cool: ).

I don't think the 8-10 drops has anything to do with avoiding sides. Unless they're telling you specifically to avoid using more than that amount.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope Mattew hangs around long enough to tell us about his experience and shed some light on this product.

Mattew

Reaction score
May I ask why you ordered the crap BEFORE coming here to post about it? :shock: Of course..as long as you got it you'd might as well use it. But there's more evidence for something like Tricomin doing anything than this stuff. I mean I'd love to see all the positive "effectiveness" posts out there on the internet- on either product. But Prox(N) has been out for decades now, if it worked so well we'd know. There are too many new things to try these days(my "advice" :cool: ).

I don't think the 8-10 drops has anything to do with avoiding sides. Unless they're telling you specifically to avoid using more than that amount.
well i came here to ask about dosage and i checked the forum to see if it was very "active" with replies and it was. Maybe if i came here before i'd never bought prox-n.

The thing is now i'm losin more and more hair and my left temple area is gettin very thin...so i might be wastin my time usin this product...hope u r wrong and it will work for me. Since there are positive reviews on the internet i'm just makin a bet on this product. I'll let u know ;)
Would you use some other products along with things like tricomin (in my case prox-n)??

For the sides, yes u are probably right since they don't say anythin about sides (at least on the bottle, an instruction paper would help!).

You can use about 4 to 5 drops in your thinning areas. I used more drops than 8 to 10 drops total. I have even measured out 1 ml with a dropper and used it that way.
Ok thanks. My main point though is that if i don't use at least 8 drops it seem (to me) that i'm not coverin well the area...its just my impression since the product is not oily at all like for example revivogen?

About my "back" area, it's big like for all people so there it's impossible to cover the area...with 5 drops i think u can cover just 30% of it! Maybe with very short hair it'd be easier but not with doctor house size hair like more or less are mine at the moment ;) am i wrong?

Btw so u got results? what results? are u still using it or what do u do now if i may ask??

Jacob

Reaction score
Well I hope I'm wrong too(I'm not wrong about the things pointed out in those threads..let's get THAT straight :) )- but with anything, imo, I'd use other things along with anything one is using. There are so many things one could suggest...best to
just research research research.

I'm not sure what positive reviews you're referring to btw..except maybe the usual early "it's working" kind of stuff you see with nearly everything.

Mattew

Reaction score
Well I hope I'm wrong too(I'm not wrong about the things pointed out in those threads..let's get THAT straight :) )- but with anything, imo, I'd use other things along with anything one is using. There are so many things one could suggest...best to

I'm not sure what positive reviews you're referring to btw..except maybe the usual early "it's working" kind of stuff you see with nearly everything.
Well i referring to people on various sites sayin that it really slowed down their hairloss process or even stopped it. Maybe they are all fake but it could be said for every opionion you find on the net.

Sorry if i insist, but what products specifically? U mean other topic stuff or somethin else? what pls ;)

- - - Updated - - -

*topical not topic sorry :D

Mattew

Reaction score

Here i am after a long time. Well i used this product for 8 months and ive decided to try something new because this didn work well or did little for me. The reason i took so much time to stop this treatment is cause i had a little regrowth on my temples. small hair appeared and i thouhgt wow this is workin! but then they didn get thicker or longer. I waited more and more but they didnt grow anymore. So this product alone does nothin for me.

Now Jacob, i read many post here but i cant really make up my mind about what i should try.
Since u know a lot i'd like to know what product u use if u can copy them here...
I know 1 product alone wont do anything. U suggested me tricomin but many people say that it hasnt enough AHK-CU. So what do u think? should i use it with another product that has good percentage of that thing?
Lookin forward to your reply...

Jacob

Reaction score
I am just shocked. SHOCKED. Maybe you should switch to regular Proxiphen which "grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent." I'm obviously being sarcastic..I cannot believe there are ppl that still push that garbage. Even the NANO in it- the shampoo as well. Does anyone really believe it's "minoxidil-like hair growth stimulator" and "SODase-type hair growth stimulating agent" are any better than similar actives in other products, such as Divine Skin/Spectral? Nanoxidil is just one example.

Here's what I have been using(rotating) for some time but am phasing out most of them slowly as I'm running out of them and have some other things I'd like to use for awhile.
Capillogain Tonic
Dermatopoietin
These 3 are from Elsom Research: Vaso A and Vaso B , ZormaZor with nano-Royal Jelly, and a PQQ and CoQ10 combo.
The Skin Revolution leave in treatment.

Of the above the Skin Revolution and PQQ/CoQ10 will stay in my regimen..while I (most likely) add this: http://www.regeron.com/sub02_repilosome_1.php
I'm also looking into the Divine Skin/Spectral products..need to read up on them again to see what may be worth adding. Or something else entirely.

I guess the Scalp Defense(Inspired Nutrition one) product I use could also be considered a topical- I rinse it off after half an hour though.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit..here are all the products DS is behind: http://www.divineskininc.com/product-lines.html

Notice the Polaris products..some of which aren't available in the USA(although you can order from overseas): http://www.polarisresearchlabs.com/index.php Some crazy combos..and I bet they actually list all the ingredients as well, instead of pretending there are other actives in it that they won't disclose(as Proctor has done). No..I'm not recommending anything..just pointing out Proctor isn't the only one with patents and for sure is not unique or ahead of anyone with his 20+ yr old products. Not even sure if you're interested in such "drug" products.

Mattew

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer Jacob! :)
Let's see...i made a little research on capillogain. There are rmany good reviews (well there are on prox-n too so no point i guess lol) but in a thread started by you a person from that company answered and said that the chemical structure of triaminodil is almost identical to minoxidil. The thing is i'd avoid gettin into something like minoxidil that can cause rapid heartbeat...i have some heart issues so i rly dont want to risk anything u know.
U had experience with this but why did u stop using it?

About elsom research product, i visited their site but i cant find those product ur referring to...:dunno: maybe u can paste them here?

Polaris uses minoxidil...so excluded...

The basic idea is to have 1 regrowth stimulant along with scalp care product right? Or one should use more things?
If it's so, what of those products would u suggest to me?

Jacob

Reaction score
Well I haven't stopped completely, yet..but it's just one of those things I've used for awhile and want to move on to something else. It's possible I'll keep it and use it more often instead of a Divine Skin or ? product..we'll see.

I should have mentioned all but one of the Elsom products are not on their website..sorry about that. Only the Zormazor product is: http://elsomresearch.com/shopping/products/scalp-booster.htm the others you have to request. They also have their "Formulator" where you can pick and choose what you want. None of their stuff is cheap though. Somewhere here and/or elsewhere the ingreds for the other products are posted..I can dig 'em up of you want. The Vaso A &B(I guess it's actually 4 topicals listed above..not 3) are both highly noticeable-on-your-scalp products- one is a nice yellow. They wash off fine but it's not something you want to put on your head if you're trying to hide it from others. Nighttime if you're alone or if your gf/spouse doesn't mind. Keep a cap handy in case there's a fire or knock at the door :woot:

I hate suggesting things..I don't know how certain ppl have no problem doing so. Especially those that push the same old stuff every fricken time. That Regeron product I linked to contains more than one what I would consider "regrowth stimulants". But I know there's more than one in the other things I use as well. If someone were to put a gun to my head I'd say try something new along with some other things that are good for scalp/hair health. Maybe even a non-minoxidil Divine Skin product or something too.Here's another that's "new" in that I don't know of anybody who's using it yet: http://2.imimg.com/data2/QV/WM/MY-3182379/accelerates-hair-regrowth-in-mice.pdf

I've been able to pretty much maintain over the years. Regrowth is the hard part..and while I've gotten some it's so hard to say what did what when I use a variety of things and slowly phase things out while adding things in etc etc.