Looking for all natural treatments.

G

bubka said:
THANK YOU, at least you admit that you just need to "believe" in something, you could "care" less about science

Define "science".

G

bubka said:
a perfect cyclical method of explaining the world around us is through experimentation and observations

Like the experimentation and observation conducted by cigarette companies that proved that cigarette smoking doesn't cause cancer?

Science is neat.

bubka

Reaction score
i missed that one?

so you are saying that independent studies that have all concluded the SAME EXACT thing about finasteride is all one big conspiracy?

G

bubka said:
so you are saying that independent studies that have all concluded the SAME EXACT thing about finasteride is all one big conspiracy?

I haven't read all those studies, but what I am saying is that it appears that Merck purposely underemphasized the scope and threat of side effects, and made false claims about those side effects being totally reversible, and large numbers of Propecia users are finding those claims by Merck to be false.

Again, this would hardly be the first time a pharmaceutical company lied or misrepresented their product to get it approved and make sales. As a matter of fact, it goes on all the time.

bubka

Reaction score
Erik D said:
I haven't read all those studies, but what I am saying is that it appears that Merck purposely underemphasized the scope and threat of side effects, and made false claims about those side effects being totally reversible, and large numbers of Propecia users are finding those claims by Merck to be false.

Again, this would hardly be the first time a pharmaceutical company lied or misrepresented their product to get it approved and make sales. As a matter of fact, it goes on all the time.
WHAT PROOF do you have of this? WHAT PROOF, and don't cite the stupid propecia side effects cite, compared to the millions of people who take the drug, it is not even close to what you are trying to claim

DO YOU UNDERSTAND statistics at all? if there really were all these irreversible sides, do you think merck would still have the drug on the market, do you think that there would be lawsuits that you would hear about

you are bat sh*t crazy

G

bubka said:
WHAT PROOF do you have of this? WHAT PROOF, and don't cite the stupid propecia side effects cite, compared to the millions of people who take the drug, it is not even close to what you are trying to claim

It's not my job to provide proof... I'm not a prosecutor or a scientist... just a guy on the internet making observations.

But the fact that significant numbers of people are having irreversible side effects, and that Merck is being investigate by one Scandanavian company, is evidence to be considered.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND statistics at all?

Do you? What is YOUR mathematical training and background?

if there really were all these irreversible sides, do you think merck would still have the drug on the market, do you think that there would be lawsuits that you would hear about

Of course they would... they only care about making money, and they only withdraw a drug when the cost of defending lawsuits becomes greater than their profits from that product. My professor spoke about this at length in my Business Law class some years back.

Have you ever taken Business Law?

What is your educational background and what are your educational credentials?

you are bat $#iT crazy

No, you're just a Merck cheerleader ever since you're balls stopped working because of Propecia.

Seriously, can you even get it up anymore since being on Propecia?

Have you noticed any sexual or reproductive side effects whatsoever, and don't lie.

internetman

Reaction score
Hey, just discovered this site last week. Im concerned my hairline is receeding at the temples but am not ready to start taking finasteride. So im looking into alternative treatments.

I found this thread fascinating and am wondering whether ERIK D and Noomi kept up taking the supplements and if you guys noticed any improvement either in hair growth/health of hair or your overall health and appearance.

Thanks guys

bubka

Reaction score
internetman said:
Hey, just discovered this site last week. Im concerned my hairline is receeding at the temples but am not ready to start taking finasteride. So im looking into alternative treatments.

I found this thread fascinating and am wondering whether ERIK D and Noomi kept up taking the supplements and if you guys noticed any improvement either in hair growth/health of hair or your overall health and appearance.

Thanks guys
if they were losing hair because of severe malnutrition, then possibly; however, that just does not happen, or it would be obvious

Jacob

Reaction score
To the original poster....don't give up on natural treatments. I'm doing just fine- rely mainly on topicals.

(btw..what ever happened to Eric D? He posted in other forums as well..then disappeared)

Jacob

Reaction score
But why would he have disappeared in the other forums as well? I actually thought he was someone else posting under another name..maybe he got caught doing that?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Most pharmaceutical drugs have there start from natural substances that spark interest. Its a fact go look it up most drugs come from natural products whatever we define as "natural". Anyhow pharmaceutical drugs are the natural substances pretty much adjusted and perfected so they are effective at the problem they are treating. Natural people love to distort facts or point out negatives about pharmaceuticals but the fact remains there are negative side effects as will any treatment that makes a significant change in the body.

bubka

Reaction score
a chemical is a chemical is a chemical, atoms are atoms are atoms

it DOES NOT FREAKING MATTER

now some of these "natural" people think that god created all these things, and that we just have to find these "natural" god created chemicals to suit our god created needs

Jacob

Reaction score
It matters when it comes to what is being used here. I am not one to run around claiming naturals can't give sides etc. But I choose "natural" for dealing with my hair because the "drugs" are not something I care to play with. I don't even like the idea of "inhibiting dht" internally with "naturals".

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
a chemical is a chemical is a chemical, atoms are atoms are atoms

it DOES NOT FREAKING MATTER

now some of these "natural" people think that god created all these things, and that we just have to find these "natural" god created chemicals to suit our god created needs

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah... wtf? A chemical is a chemical? An atom is an atom? It doesn't matter? I don't understand your logic... can you explain this better? Our bodies are not designed to ingest altered chemicals, what you ingest matters. You understand this right?

Also...why are you bringing up god?

Also.... you said "DO YOU UNDERSTAND statistics at all? if there really were all these irreversible sides, do you think merck would still have the drug on the market, do you think that there would be lawsuits that you would hear about"

The real question here is DO YOU UNDERST THE NATURE OF BUSINESS!!!! Are you aware that STATISTICS ARE ALTERED TO BETTER SERVE THEIR PURPOSE!! Just because the are "statistics" does not make them valid!

Please explain your stance better b/c I do not understand it.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I also want to do add that incessantly forcing your anti-jesus/god/religion humor is not helping your cause.

Educate people as to why you are saying the things you are saying. Just throwing out comments that you think are really witty can offend people and puts up walls between people... it PROMOTES STAGNATION. Do you understand this basic fundamental concept of human interpersonal interactions?

bubka

Reaction score
blueshard said:
Please explain your stance better b/c I do not understand it.
when people say, I wan to use something "natural" as if ingesting an organically produced chemical like saw palmetto is any different then injecting a man made chemical such as finasteride...

the point, whether the chemical is man made, or organically made, it makes no difference, it is the same chemical formula

these people think that they can go out and try various plants because plants are "natural" and safe, and somehow if a chemical is man made, it is not