Looking for all natural treatments.

noomi

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post here :)

Well, let me get started. I am 22 years old, throughout my life I had always had pretty thin hair, so I got used to it and learned to live with it. Within the past year, Ive been noticing my temples thinning out and receding a bit, it's not that bad yet, but it's still is bothering me that this is happening.

I always like to address a problem before it gets out of control, so thats why I'm here. I want to help my hair and scalp get healthy before its gets worse and very noticeable.

Now, I'm the type of person that likes to keep it all natural ( terrified of chemicals and artificial products, for they may make it worse ). So I wanted to see what my options are, when it comes to natural/herbal treatment. If anyone has any success with a certain all natural product I would really like to hear about it. Vitamins and supplements are what I am interested in most.

Please guide me! Any tips/advice is also greatly appreciated :)

powersam

Reaction score
noomi said:

Well, let me get started. I am 22 years old, throughout my life I had always had pretty thin hair, so I got used to it and learned to live with it. Within the past year, Ive been noticing my temples thinning out and receding a bit, it's not that bad yet, but it's still is bothering me that this is happening.

I always like to address a problem before it gets out of control, so thats why I'm here. I want to help my hair and scalp get healthy before its gets worse and very noticeable.

Now, I'm the type of person that likes to keep it all natural ( terrified of chemicals and artificial products, for they may make it worse ). So I wanted to see what my options are, when it comes to natural/herbal treatment. If anyone has any success with a certain all natural product I would really like to hear about it. Vitamins and supplements are what I am interested in most.

a totally natural regime is a great way to become totally bald.

noomi

Reaction score
powersam said:
a totally natural regime is a great way to become totally bald.

So you mean that natural products simply don't work? Or that natural products will speed up the balding process?

bubka

Reaction score
i always love the "natural" people, tell me, how does your body know that a chemical is made from a plant "naturally" or a chemist??

RaginDemon

Reaction score
natural treatments wont work sh*t.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a lot of success with only all-natural treatments, and I think most people would too if they just gave it a chance and did it properly.

My regimen's in my signature.

noomi

Reaction score
Guys, like I said I'm new here. I feel like I'm getting mostly negative responses, and it just making me feel worse. I'm trying to learn about whats best to do for my hair. If natural products wont work, then please enlighten me as I don't know any better.

RAKBS, thank you for that. Those sound reasonable, easily obtainable, and easily doable. I've heard people say that Saw Palmetto is also helpful when in comes to blocking DHT, don't know if that true.

powersam

Reaction score
RAKBS said:
I've had a lot of success with only all-natural treatments, and I think most people would too if they just gave it a chance and did it properly.

My regimen's in my signature.

hmm, i'm in total agreement with the diet you are following but if that regimen is curing your hair loss then you did not have androgenic alopecia in the first place.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I'm quite sure it was androgen related. I have a typical diffuse hair loss pattern, identical to what many people on here have, and what many people on here treated with the big 3.

And I can understand your skepticism, but something doesn't necessarily have to have large-scale studies behind it to work. There was a time when finasteride was never proven to help hair loss, but that doesn't mean that it was worthless before it started being studied.

That said, there is a promising study saying that green tea inhibits the alpha reductase enzyme, and there are multiple accounts of zinc doing the same thing, while fish oil is more than proven to be a powerful anti-inflammatory.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
The big 3 are three different products--Propecia (finasteride); Rogaine (minoxidil); and Nizoral (ketoconzole or something like that). Propecia is a pill, Rogaine is a topical, and Nizoral is a shampoo.

They do work very well together for most people, it's just that I'm too young to use Propecia, and really that's the staple of the big 3, so I decided to work on fighting my hair loss by natural means.

noomi

Reaction score
guys I'm 22 starting to thin a bit at the front. What other products/treatements would you recommend for someone in my age group?

charlieparker

Reaction score
The only one I would recommend is Finasteride. You can either get a prescription from a doctor and pay $60 a month for it, or get it from an online pharmacy and pay a lot less. It's proven to literally stop male pattern baldness in it's tracks for the overwhelming majority of people that use it. Some people complain of sides, and it might seem like everyone has them based on this message board. But keep in mind, the people would have sides are the ones filling up the message boards with complaints. Also remember the placebo effect, and the fact that most of these sides subside quickly, and completely stop if you discontinue using the drug. I used it, had no sides whatsover, and have literally halted male pattern baldness. It took about a year and a half for my shedding to stop, but it's been almost 3 years now and I'm going strong. If you're looking to actually to regrow as well, Finasteride might do the trick. However, for a better shot at significant regrowth, it seems like Rogaine foam is the way to go. I haven't tried it, and have heard that it can really irritate the scalp. You also have to be pretty religious about applying it, whereas Finasteride is just a quick pill you take once in the morning. I would start with Finasteride, give it at least 2 years, then go from there. Good luck to you! As far as natural cures are concerned, they are truly a waste of your time and hair. Get on Finasteride as soon as you can.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
noomi said:

]

Another Alternative big 3 :

1) Epilobium - reduces DHT and Estradiol
2) Piroctone Olamine shampoo - reduces inflammation
3) Calosol Topical Spray - reduces inflammation and slows loss

Regards
Pete

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride and minoxidil are probably the most effective treatments, but they are also the most dangerous. natural treatments will probably not be as effective, but they can help slow down hairloss. wouldn't expect great results though.

noomi

Reaction score
well this is what I'm doing for now.

Drinking green tea each morning, taking fish oil capsules, 1 multivitamin, 1 biotin vitamin.

I'm trying to eliminate as much stress from my life as possible as well, and I am really trying to give up smoking cigarettes and weed.

I also recently found out that anti-dandruff shampoos with Zinc Pyrithione, can damage hair ( some say the opposite, but I believe different people have different results ). I was using the stuff every morning, only to find out you should only shampoo your hair once every few days. It was drying out my hair like crazy, making my scalp red, itchy, and flaky. I feel confident that it has contributed to my hair thinning a bit. So I will completely eliminate using this shampoo and only wash my hair every few days with normal shampoo.

Other than that, thanks for all the tips guys. I'll keep ya posted on how my situation goes. If all fails then I will try the rogaine foam, but I have faith...

noomi

Reaction score
I thought I was too young to use propecia, but I guess thats not the case.

Can anyone give me a link to where I can purchase this product, I would like to do some more research on it.

Zackg323

Reaction score
Dude, ignore all these haters about natural products don't work. They are WRONG. I'll tell you i'm new. I tried Propecia, got gyno. Tried rogaine, got water retention. So, now I'm doing the following and the most important factor is Beta Sitosterol. It literally stopped my shedding and made my hair look good in a matter of 3 days. This is what i'm taking:

Min DHT shampoo system
Nizoral twice a week
Grape Seed Extract (circulation/health)
Flax Seed Supp (anti estrogen/health)
Probiotic (Digestion perfection)
Beta Sisterol (Anti DHT) as effective as propecia for me so far
Ginko (circulation)

I'm not out of the woods yet, but I am amazed at how effective the beta sitosterol is. My nipples are a bit puffy after the first few days, but i'm excited. My hair has literaly gone from massive shed to nothing in 4 days. Tell me that's not something. The only thing i changed was adding beta sitoserol. You do the math. My next step is adding Green Tea Extract to increase my lean body mass

bubka

Reaction score
the problem with the "natural" people is that their regimes always "work" when they rant about them on forums, but when it comes down to show a shred of evidence such as pictures, taking a picture with a camera is not considered "natural" either... :whistle: so no picture, so proof, just "natural" text of a forum